NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    No poll. Either in or not for date, time, and location. Meet N Eat for next lake county gun show. Link below.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Well, my guys golf trip recovery day worked. Some went to work today. Poor fools. While they were whining in a group chat, I had 3 naps.
    Next up, the RV trip out west.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Wednesday morning and time to look for a new washer Open for suggestions.
    Back when we bought the house were in now, I was in charge of buying the new washer and dryer.

I went with the Maytag Bravos XL and we have zero complaints.
    I bought the biggest SOB’s I could, too. We can do like, two-three normal sized loads in one.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Back when we bought the house were in now, I was in charge of buying the new washer and dryer.

I went with the Maytag Bravos XL and we have zero complaints.
    I bought the biggest SOB’s I could, too. We can do like, two-three normal sized loads in one.
    Thanks.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Which one? We have been frequenting xline in Kankakee IL and Griffith I Walton
    Haven't been to xline in years - since the kid was shooting competitively. Jack still around? Too far to drive for me just to run some trap. Same for Griffith, not convenient to get to on a weeknight for just some fun targets. GPIW is easy on/off 65 for me. 15 minutes door to door.
    Light crowd last night, Wednesday has been like that lately. Nice to be able to walk right on and shoot.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Haven't been to xline in years - since the kid was shooting competitively. Jack still around? Too far to drive for me just to run some trap. Same for Griffith, not convenient to get to on a weeknight for just some fun targets. GPIW is easy on/off 65 for me. 15 minutes door to door.
    Light crowd last night, Wednesday has been like that lately. Nice to be able to walk right on and shoot.
    My wife and I used to shoot trap in Whiting, they launched targets out over the lake, trap range was pretty casual, lots of fun. Mix of competitors and hunters. Everyone would chat and help the newbies. Griffith IWL was always more serious, competitors seemed to frown upon having a newbie or a hunter in their group, not much chatting and banter either. But that was about 30 years ago! Not sure what has changed at the Issac Walton, but Whiting's range was sadly closed. Great views from the lakeshore, winds could make the clays soar, fall or sail straight and the company was always entertaining.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    My wife and I used to shoot trap in Whiting, they launched targets out over the lake, trap range was pretty casual, lots of fun. Mix of competitors and hunters. Everyone would chat and help the newbies. Griffith IWL was always more serious, competitors seemed to frown upon having a newbie or a hunter in their group, not much chatting and banter either. But that was about 30 years ago! Not sure what has changed at the Issac Walton, but Whiting's range was sadly closed. Great views from the lakeshore, winds could make the clays soar, fall or sail straight and the company was always entertaining.
    There's an old patch from Whiting Trap Club at GPIW above the fireplace as I recall. Some of the older guys have fond memories of it. As for the mix of shooters, yes - the ATA guys are stereotypically old grumpy dicks on the line. Most of them are nice guys though if you get to know them. But yeah, they take their trap super serious. I strictly shoot for fun and against my own scores. I'll do leagues once in while or games, but i'll leave the ATA stuff to the serious folk.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Yes big Jack is still there. I try and spread ourselves around trying my best to help keep clubs alive with the little we contribute

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    We haven’t ran into any grumpy people yet. Or maybe I didn’t notice / care. Tough being a gun butler to two kids lol

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    If I'm not mistaken that's one of the better section of roads in NWI as it sits. More wasted money instead of fixing the **** roads that really need it
    I drive that section of road all the time to my oldest son house in Chesterton. It seems fine to me compared to other roads in Porter county.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Here's to a speedy recovery for mama snap. Prayers your way
    Thanks. This one feels different. I don't know if she's coming back home. She fell again before she went in this time. I tried to grab her as she was falling, and she slipped from my grasp. I don't think that I can do this by myself any more. :(

Top Bottom