Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Yean, uh, no.

I coach Olympic style fencing

That might be fun

But Olympic style fencing is a legitimate marshal art. We don't use balloons. Occasionally I get a buffoon. But never a balloon.

One of my 'kids' won the Gold medal in the USA College Fencing Club Championships, I coached her at U of Minnesota, another won Silver, and I coached her at Purdue University.

My adopted daughter won Gold in the ACC Individual and Team events. She also is a 2 time winner in the NCAA Collegiate Fencing Championships. She has also beat at least 1 or 2 Team USA Olympians and National USA Team members. 3 solid gold rings, 2 NCAA trophies on my bookshelf, plus an USA Fencing "A" medal. She fenced Varsity at Notre Dame, the 13 time NCAA Gold Medal team, and top USA fencing team in the nation.

If you want to bring your kid/grandkid to me (aged 10+) I'm happy to start their journey. We have our next beginner class starting in February. Our club is located in St John, IN. Either sword or gun, I'm good with that. Not star wars. Not ninja stuff. Serious athletic competition.

I coach at the Junior Olympics, USA National Championships, Collegiate Fencing Club Championships, and other events. Mostly I love to get beginners to love the sport.

www.nwifencingclub.com

View attachment 322340

View attachment 322339
    Does the south paw have any advantage?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    If no one local is interested, I know a guy that is pretty hand-to-mouth that would appreciate it. I collect all brass for him at the range, but don't go out of my way. He's been know to give me reloads with bullets he casts himself from tractor weights.
    Possibly someone is gonna take it. If falls thru will let ya know

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Does the south paw have any advantage?
    YES
    Lefties are generally ranked higher. Right handed fencers hate lefties because there, 1 are few of them, and 2, it's like fencing in a mirror.

Lefties, being like 10% of the population, probably earn 20+% of the awards, because they are so used to fencing right handed fencers that they think it is normal to fence them.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Is that spider going to eat the whole thing?
    Will he eat it, or just suk the juice out of it?
    She'a still working but she'll most or all of it. Her abdomen is huge now. The fruit flies she seemed to eat whole but those are all soft parts. Roaches have a harder exoskeleton so she will have injected venom and degestive enzymes that turn the insides to mush that she sucks out. There will be an undigestible ball of gunk left over called a bolus. Probably won't need another meal for a couple weeks now.

1000007619.jpg

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I drive through 3 states today. Unless something biblical happens, my driveway and sidewalks won't see the snowthrower.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    She'a still working but she'll most or all of it. Her abdomen is huge now. The fruit flies she seemed to eat whole but those are all soft parts. Roaches have a harder exoskeleton so she will have injected venom and degestive enzymes that turn the insides to mush that she sucks out. There will be an undigestible ball of gunk left over called a bolus. Probably won't need another meal for a couple weeks now.

View attachment 322536
    It’s a Mr. Bill spider! Oh noooooo!
    1704072735641.jpeg1704072788308.jpeg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom