• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I celebrated by going to sleep before 10. But my dog woke me about 10 after midnight. Must have been some fireworks or gunfire booming...

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Fireworks started at about 8pm here. I tried to go to bed but I could not sleep so I got up. By 11:30 I was so sleepy that I went back to bed, told Alexa to play some white noise, and slept through the midnight festivities.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I celebrated by going to sleep before 10. . .
    Pretty sure I was asleep right about 10 as well.

Up at 5.

Watched TV mass because I'm still wearing a surgical boot and still fresh from foot surgery, but it is a Holy Day of Obligation for those of my Catholic Faith.

Ham is in the oven. Bacon and onions are cooked, they will go into the baked beans.

Dogs have been fed and are back to sleep. Coffee consumed by me.

We have our part time 3.5yo foster son with us and will join our two daughters (22 & 28) for an afternoon family pitch in meal.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Kid had 2 naps in the vehicle before going to his buddy's to ring in the new year. Got some pics texted that they made it past midnight.

I was tired from dental visits, visiting relatives, hacking up aliens, and driving. Wife has the sinus thing going on with travel tiredness. We went to bed at 8:30pm for some much needed rest and recharging. Both of us slept for 11 hours. Looks to be a wise decision. Wife is currently making a quiche (from scratch) for lunch. :)

Happy New Year everyone!

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    Pretty sure I was asleep right about 10 as well.

Up at 5.

Watched TV mass because I'm still wearing a surgical boot and still fresh from foot surgery, but it is a Holy Day of Obligation for those of my Catholic Faith.

Ham is in the oven. Bacon and onions are cooked, they will go into the baked beans.

Dogs have been fed and are back to sleep. Coffee consumed by me.

We have our part time 3.5yo foster son with us and will join our two daughters (22 & 28) for an afternoon family pitch in meal.
    "Whenever January 1, the solemnity of Mary, Mother of God, or August 15, the solemnity of the Assumption, or November 1, the solemnity of All Saints, falls on a Saturday or on a Monday, the precept to attend Mass is abrogated".
    https://www.usccb.org/beliefs-and-teachings/what-we-believe/canon-law/complementary-norms/canon-1246

Our parish is having a Mass at noon. My wife and I are going, even though it is not required.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I'm glad you guys started talking about food. I needed to get the ribs thawed and in the oven. Got them in a sink of hot water now, will sauce them and put them in the oven in about 15 min. Also will have baked sweet potatoes and broccoli.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom