Not open for further replies.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Hmmm....

Last time I was in Northwoods it was the old owner.

Service and food were marginal.

Sounds like we have to give it another try. And chicken fried meatloaf sounds like something inspiring too. That is something I'd need to try.

No wonder you are fat :fogey:
    Was in there with the old owner also and had warm baby back ribs and never went back.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I guess I'm spoiled. Traffic in Porter county can get a bit challenging. But nothing like that. I can't imagine having to run out for something last minute. It probably would take an hour or so.

The quality and amount of food was very good. I think our tab was $44. I had a philly beef with their homemade chips. The wife had pulled pork with fries. And I had a bloody mary. The place is massive inside. Probably the biggest restaurant I have ever been in. When weather permits they have outdoor seating for dining and concert venues. If I was in the neighborhood I would go again. I would recommend it!
    The secret is more roundabouts. Personal theory is they force people to make quicker decisions in traffic and eventually that carries over to non-roundabout traffic.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Had an excellent meal at Northwoods Falls. Went by myself and had cheese cubes, salad and the walleye dinner.
    It was excellent. When I was finished the waitress said my bill was taken care of. When asked she said maybe
    they know you. I have no idea who paid my bill but thank you to whomever it may have been. I left her a tip
    even if she already got that too.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Had an excellent meal at Northwoods Falls. Went by myself and had cheese cubes, salad and the walleye dinner.
    It was excellent. When I was finished the waitress said my bill was taken care of. When asked she said maybe
    they know you. I have no idea who paid my bill but thank you to whomever it may have been. I left her a tip
    Somebody likes you.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    You're welcome! Just remember that if you see me with my extended family you are required to pay it forward.... :whistle: :lmfao:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I’m not sugar coating it, I’m fat :lmfao:
    Uh, chicken fried meatloaf, that might be why.

I got to try that.

I'm addicted to White Castle double cheeseburgers with extra onions and an egg on top. But I now aspire to a new goal. Chicken fried meatloaf. Covered in gravy. Can I get a side of corned beef hash with that?

If that is sausage gravy then I may have met my match ... demise?

When are you inviting me to meet you there for breakfast/lunch because meatloaf, dipped in batter, and chicken fried, coated in gravy, seems like an early in the day thing so the arteries have time to recover before you fall asleep and die in your sleep if you eat something like that for dinner.
    :oldwise:

Last edited:

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Uh, chicken fried meatloaf, that might be why.

I got to try that.

I'm addicted to White Castle double cheeseburgers with extra onions and an egg on top. But I now aspire to a new goal. Chicken fried meatloaf. Covered in gravy. Can I get a side of corned beef hash with that?

If that is sausage gravy then I may have met my match ... demise?

When are you inviting me to meet you there for breakfast/lunch because meatloaf, dipped in batter, and chicken fried, coated in gravy, seems like an early in the day thing so the arteries have time to recover before you fall asleep and die in your sleep if you eat something like that for dinner.
    :oldwise:
    I’m in for that. Sausage gravy on top…oh god. Like a more fattening version of biscuits and gravy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom