• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Don't be a wuss. You're driving thru in a car. Jesus. Don't get out and yell the n word. Don't walk around at night with a handfull of cash asking around for drugs. And don't make eye contact with any prostitutes or they try to get in your car. But if you're just driving thru its no more dangerous than anyywhere else.

WILSON

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Top, left-hand corne
    Don't be a wuss. You're driving thru in a car. Jesus. Don't get out and yell the n word. Don't walk around at night with a handfull of cash asking around for drugs. And don't make eye contact with any prostitutes or they try to get in your car. But if you're just driving thru its no more dangerous than anyywhere else.

This!

Lake Station isn't really that bad. :rolleyes:

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    This!

Lake Station isn't really that bad. :rolleyes:

LS is the white gary according to the in laws :D

Eh I'm not really worried.. though I was hoping to wear a sandwich board with the N word written on it a la Die Hard 3... then I was going to holler at the whores and leave my doors unlocked :D

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Seriously!?

A buncha high-speed low drag mall ninjas afraid of Gary?

Don't go down the same street twice or they will have time to grab their bows and arrows.

Don't make eye contact for prolonged periods of time.

Do not stop or wander around on foot and always do the ghetto lock out before you enter the hot zones.

Also remove any Confederate flags before wandering around and if at all possible tell everyone that you have and will continue to vote for hope and change!

You should be fine in all honesty. You really have to look for trouble in that area because they really are more afraid of you than you are of them.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Seriously!?

A buncha high-speed low drag mall ninjas afraid of Gary?

Don't go down the same street twice or they will have time to grab their bows and arrows.

Don't make eye contact for prolonged periods of time.

Do not stop or wander around on foot and always do the ghetto lock out before you enter the hot zones.

Also remove any Confederate flags before wandering around and if at all possible tell everyone that you have and will continue to vote for hope and change!

You should be fine in all honesty. You really have to look for trouble in that area because they really are more afraid of you than you are of them.

Hey I value my scalp... :p This is Indian country dang it.

Nah, I just like to get the intel on an area before driving thru it or going to it. Areas to avoid etc. There are some places you don't go in the UK as a white person (Wales, for instance) and same here I guess ;)

Edit: I should say I'll be going early morning (6am) so I doubt anyone will be awake.

I have a couple of VHF antennas on the car and I'm glad it's not an Impala or Vic otherwise I probably would be in trouble.

tmccorkel

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Chesterton
    I wouldn't worry too much about Lake Station, just be smart.. Now, if you get lost and find yourself in Gary, lock your doors and keep your windows up.

A buddy of mine was nearly car-jacked 2 years ago in Gary, but as the saying goes, "don't bring a knife to a gunfight". He wasn't smart enough to roll his window up all the way, but he did move his pistol to an easily accessible spot when he suspected something was up.

Personally, I prefer to be proactive rather than reactive.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    OMG I have run all over that area and worse in my convertible with the top down, times ranged from wee early 2am cruising home to anytime day or night. Just keep yourself alert and all should be well. Seriously not faliuja in a hmvv convoy. Lol. Our boys over in the sand got ieds to sweat I am sure his white bread wont become toast over lake station. However there are much better places to get the blow up dolls than Ripley. :rolleyes:

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Man, you guys need to grow some balls... Sound like a bunch its candy asses... Its Lake Station and Gary. You arent going to die. If anything, you will be made fun of driving around Lake Station looking over your shoulder. As long as you dont do anything stupid in Gary you will be just fine driving through. As oldfb said, this isnt Fallujah.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Man, you guys need to grow some balls... Sound like a bunch its candy asses... Its Lake Station and Gary. You arent going to die. If anything, you will be made fun of driving around Lake Station looking over your shoulder. As long as you dont do anything stupid in Gary you will be just fine driving through. As oldfb said, this isnt Fallujah.

@Clif45, Davegarve, and oldfb this is NapalmFTW we are talking about.
    He thinks he is going to die steping outside to get the mail. :D Ya need to be more sensative to his needs. :laugh:

Bill B had it right, no less than an armoed NWI INGO convoy for him to travel it. After all he is from the MOTHERLAND!

Flagbig.GIF

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You mean the land of limp wrist wussies. :gheyhi: Seriously I spend a good deal of time in the UK and dealing with their attitudes and they have some serious mental disorders over there about how justice should be served. :ar15:

Your peeps are from Ireland right? So we know you are bias to the MOTEHRLAND. :D

-Jedi

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    NOPE. The wife's family still has a castle in Scotland. My family are a mix of mongrels, huns, and various barbarians that settled in the Tatra mountains of Slovakia and occasionally raided villages in southern Poland to get some wimmin folk.

Joke was on you, those weren't wimmin.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    You mean the land of limp wrist wussies. :gheyhi: Seriously I spend a good deal of time in the UK and dealing with their attitudes and they have some serious mental disorders over there about how justice should be served. :ar15:

Aside from my mental disorders, I agree with you lot when it comes to justice. :p

Why do you think I escaped?

:D

As it happened I wasn't shot or killed to death, or beheaded on the internet. I made it through Gary fine. ;) I left the customary car length gap for a quick get away.

Actually the closest I came to dying was when some lady in an SUV nearly rear ended me. Giggedy.

In all seriousness I'm not that scared of most places around here... I have a healthy respect for not wanting to die at the hands of some thug with a crappy gun. If I'm going to be shot I want to die by someone with a SIG or something not a dirty Glock.

Edit: I should say I'm a mongrel too. Mostly English, Germanic, Scottish, Irish in there (but we don't talk about that) and landed gentry but that involved serving girls and the master of the house and all sorts of things that went on in the 1800s. My paternal grandfather was the co-founder of a famous British car company which is now sadly own by the Ruskies. Bar-stools.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom