• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    If you would have drug your LOSER butt out in the cold you could have written a 10 PAGE AAR. otherwise you are stuck with what ya got. We were too busy learning, shooting and training to worry about pics or an AAR. LOL

Yeahhh ... you get 'im, Ghost! ... and remind him you were at NPCCC ... No shenanigans allowed! :D

Too bad I couldn't make it. Sounds like a good time. Had to work. :xmad:

Anyway, it looks like this Thursday is a go for me and my co-worker. We'll probably be there no earlier than 11 am and probably pushing noon (we're coming off shift). More than likely it will be at DNR Kingsbury unless I can talk him into Jasper-Pulaski ... but for now, Kingsbury. Final word on time, place, or cancellations will be posted here in this thread. (This is not a formal event ... obviously)

Friend is bringing his Mosin. I'll have a borrowed AK. Both are new to us so if there are any experts that wanna join us and school us, you are more than welcome. Otherwise, we'll figure it out.

I'll also have one of my AR's (LWRC or Wilson Combat) and my SOCOM II. We'll see what else I can scrounge up.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Good day shooting with my Dad at Blythes in Valpo. Jesus, I wish they'd run the heat though. May have well been outdoors. I've really improved in the last year or two. I'm sure all the meet and shoots didn't hurt. I guess bacon improves your aim.

They did have a whole stack of crates of Mosin's going for $99. If I was there with anyone but my dad I'd have picked one up, but I wasn't in the mood to get "the speech" at age 33. :D

Now I'm waiting for my son to wake up so I can drive out for a bag of oil-soak after an oil change catastrophe. It looks like the freakin Exon-Valdez disaster happened in the street in front of my house. I can't believe there's not a seagull flopping around in it. My neighbor will be knocking soon if I don't get this soaked up but I'd rather deal with him than a 3 year old that got dragged up from his nap. :(

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Good day shooting with my Dad at Blythes in Valpo. Jesus, I wish they'd run the heat though. May have well been outdoors. ...

I was there a week ago. You can ask them to turn the heat on and they will gladly oblige you but you should know, it's an "on or off" deal (the thermostat looks suspiciously like a light switch). You will either freeze or fry. It's ok for about 3-4 minutes as you transition between temperature extremes.

... Now I'm waiting for my son to wake up so I can drive out for a bag of oil-soak after an oil change catastrophe. It looks like the freakin Exon-Valdez disaster happened in the street in front of my house. I can't believe there's not a seagull flopping around in it. My neighbor will be knocking soon if I don't get this soaked up but I'd rather deal with him than a 3 year old that got dragged up from his nap. :(

What happened?

I had one of those events once. I forgot to remove the rubber gasket from the old filter. It was still stuck to the engine block when I put the new one on. Turned the car on and moved about twenty feet down the driveway spraying new oil everywhere.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Ok ... what's a decent price for AK ammo (7.62x39)? Not looking for match grade and I don't want a kaboom either. Rifle is borrowed so I don't want corrosive ammo. What price range am I looking at?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    What price range am I looking at?
    Did your teachers not instruct you on the proper use of the English language? You ended a sentence with a preposition!

More correctly you should have asked:
    • At what price would I expect to pay per box of 7.62x39?
    • What is the going price of 7.62x39 ammo?
    • Can someone enlighten me as to the current price of ammo?

I'm here providing a service. It would be a shame if you started talking like Jedi with his 'gangsta' lingo. :laugh:

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    What happened?

I had one of those events once. I forgot to remove the rubber gasket from the old filter. It was still stuck to the engine block when I put the new one on. Turned the car on and moved about twenty feet down the driveway spraying new oil everywhere.

Well now I don't feel so stupid, because that happened. Exactly. :rofl:
    First I couldn't get the filter off. It's my first oil change on my new car and the filter is WAAAAAY bigger than on my last car so my filter wrench didn't fit and it was way past hand tight. But I saw my neighbor in his yard and he was nice enough to loan me one. So changed it and was happy as could be. Backed off my ramps and walked them back to the garage came out for my oil drain pan and saw a lot of oil under the car. Got down and saw it dripping from the filter. I figured I just needed to wrench it down better (my last car was fine with hand tight). So I go get my ramps, but my with all the oil, I can't get up them. I leave the car running and get out to reposition the ramps and try again and see oil spraying out under the care like someone vomiting and trying to keep their mouth shut so it sprays out in all directions. After 3 tries I just jacked the car up since no way my fat ass was fitting under there without it. Boy I hate getting under a jacked up car, but I didn't have much choice.
    So I go get the filter wrench back from my neighbor and he suggests maybe the gasket came off the new filter. So i pick up the old one to get a visual incase maybe it's different than I'm used to and sure enough that gasket was gone. I knew right away what happend. So I layed down in a lake of cold, viscous, oil, completely ruining what I was wearing, took the new filter off and the old gasket fell right out. Tightened the new back on a little tighter than I usually do since I'd be damned if I was gettting back under that car again. Topped off with oil after guestimating how much had spewed out and I was good to go. I just got back and spread oil soak now. Shoulda went to jiffy lube. :xmad:

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Well now I don't feel so stupid, because that happened. Exactly. :rofl:
    First I couldn't get the filter off. It's my first oil change on my new car and the filter is WAAAAAY bigger than on my last car so my filter wrench didn't fit and it was way past hand tight. But I saw my neighbor in his yard and he was nice enough to loan me one. So changed it and was happy as could be. Backed off my ramps and walked them back to the garage came out for my oil drain pan and saw a lot of oil under the car. Got down and saw it dripping from the filter. I figured I just needed to wrench it down better (my last car was fine with hand tight). So I go get my ramps, but my with all the oil, I can't get up them. I leave the car running and get out to reposition the ramps and try again and see oil spraying out under the care like someone vomiting and trying to keep their mouth shut so it sprays out in all directions. After 3 tries I just jacked the car up since no way my fat ass was fitting under there without it. Boy I hate getting under a jacked up car, but I didn't have much choice.
    So I go get the filter wrench back from my neighbor and he suggests maybe the gasket came off the new filter. So i pick up the old one to get a visual incase maybe it's different than I'm used to and sure enough that gasket was gone. I knew right away what happend. So I layed down in a lake of cold, viscous, oil, completely ruining what I was wearing, took the new filter off and the old gasket fell right out. Tightened the new back on a little tighter than I usually do since I'd be damned if I was gettting back under that car again. Topped off with oil after guestimating how much had spewed out and I was good to go. I just got back and spread oil soak now. Shoulda went to jiffy lube. :xmad:

And this is why I pay the dealer to do it.:D

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Did your teachers not instruct you on the proper use of the English language? You ended a sentence with a preposition!

I'm here providing a service. It would be a shame if you started talking like Jedi with his 'gangsta' lingo. :laugh:

You's guys with your fancy cigar shops and your silver spoons in your moufs. This is the midwest. "I gotta put my coat on." "Where's you guys going to?" "Where's that hooker at?"
    All of these are midwest correct.
    Don't you know nuttin?

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    And this is why I pay the dealer to do it.:D
    I'd pay $100 to go back in time and not have done it myself today.
    But usually it's 10 minutes and everything's dandy and I saved myself at least $10-$15 over most places.
    That's not how today worked out. Thank god I'm in Hammond. If I lived anywhere respectable I'd have been arrested or fined for the profanity. But here, most of the cops have their baby-mommas names tattood on their necks in bluntsmoke, so 3-400 four-letter words go totally un-noticed. :rockwoot:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    They did have a whole stack of crates of Mosin's going for $99. If I was there with anyone but my dad I'd have picked one up, but I wasn't in the mood to get "the speech" at age 33. :D

Was it for the lllllloooooonnnnnngggggg Mosins or for the carbine version?
    Suspect its for the long ones only. :(

Ok ... what's a decent price for AK ammo (7.62x39)? Not looking for match grade and I don't want a kaboom either. Rifle is borrowed so I don't want corrosive ammo. What price range am I looking at?

online corrosive is between .90 to .20 cents per round
    non-corrovise is between .22 to .25 per round

steel case stuff, surplus.

:faint:
    Ignore the
    Old_Jamaican_Man_by_grace2design.jpg

he will soon forget this post like he forgot his Taco Bell. :D

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009

I don't know what I was thinking of. I can't believe I let that one slip by. I should have noticed that. Sorry.

PS ... The "do not end a sentence with a preposition" rule is a myth. Some people were trying to apply Latin constraints to English grammar ... which is not descended from Latin. However, I will admit your correction was applicable to my post.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    FYI just got word on the new dates of the gun show.

Gun Shows

28 & 29 JAN 2012
    The Patrician Banquet Center
    410 E US Highway 30 Schererville, IN 46375
    LINK: CPI Inc

If your glorious government decides to honour(sic) me with a green card by then I shall be attending to blow my first pay check on something that goes bang.

:ar15:

*insert joke about whores here*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom