Not open for further replies.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Well have fun. Take a picture if you see a 3 eyed fish. :D

No way I'm canoeing the Calumet River, but if you wanna have blueberry pancakes at the Cracker Barrel on Kennedy first....I'M THERE!!! :patriot:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Well have fun. Take a picture if you see a 3 eyed fish. :D

No way I'm canoeing the Calumet River, but if you wanna have blueberry pancakes at the Cracker Barrel on Kennedy first....I'M THERE!!! :patriot:

Hum... How about after the trip. There won't be any bathrooms on the trip you know.

Make sure you invite Bill B's mayor as well and we all OC. :D

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Yes. Prior to the demo of the section 8 housing in that area. The place was a drug/gang haven. The Hammond and Highland PDs were always due to some type of issue. The small strip mall with a laundry and 2 other shops was also a mess of problems. Not sure how it occurred but a few years after the Visitor Center was put up and the place made to be more "tourist" with the Dilliger Museum the section 8 housing was just demoed. One week it was there and the following it was gone! I suspect that the excuse of fixing the little calumet river was used as that area was re-done (via the levees) and made into a park with natural trails. I have walked the trails once after they were built and while it's close to the highway (80/94) you can't tell when walking.
    Silly Jedi. Difference between Gary and Highland. :D

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Interesting... I've never been canoeing but always wanted to. The rivers around here are pretty tame though because its all so flat.

They look more like stagnant ditches than rivers :p

But shoot I'd go canoeing from Hammond to Gary, as long as I was packing heat.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Interesting... I've never been canoeing but always wanted to. The rivers around here are pretty tame though because its all so flat.

They look more like stagnant ditches than rivers :p

But shoot I'd go canoeing from Hammond to Gary, as long as I was packing heat.

Well it's not against the law to pack (heat)
    Packing-Heat.jpg
    while on a canoe as far as I know.

ROFL!

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Anyone up for a trip to the range?

I need to zero a couple of rifles and was thinking of going to either JP or WS today...anyone wanna join me?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'm thinking of re-sighting in my 458 Socom since the scope has been removed and replaced. If the weather is good this afternoon that may make it to the top of my 'to do' list. But, being one of the SOUTH OF 30 toothless (should I say toof-less) hillbilly half-breed cousins of Jedi, I'll just do it in my back yard on my range.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    I'm thinking of re-sighting in my 458 Socom since the scope has been removed and replaced. If the weather is good this afternoon that may make it to the top of my 'to do' list. But, being one of the SOUTH OF 30 toothless (should I say toof-less) hillbilly half-breed cousins of Jedi, I'll just do it in my back yard on my range.

i live IN North judson so i got a range too...... just a bunch of houses and stuff in the way :D

jake

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom