Porter County

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Hum... That tractor is missing a color... :D

You guys only have 69 and 72 people graduate from your classes?
    What size were your classes when they started?
    We had 351 graduate but started off with 721 in EC freshman year.

-Jedi
    You try and I will sic my vicious Boston Terriers on you!

We had somewhere around 400-420 in my class at Valpo. Funny thing was I remember seeing a different number every time I saw it listed. No clue what we started with. I know we did not lose many though.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    We had 351 graduate but started off with 721 in EC freshman year.

-Jedi

So you had less than 50% gradu-ma-cated from your skool?

Back in the old days, :mullet: when I went to Munster High School, we had something like a 98% graduation rate and better than 85% of the students were accepted to college (don't know how many went to college, or graduated). We had a class of about 400 my freshman year, I graduated with just about that many. Those who didn't graduate typically moved out of town before their senior year, we had a couple girls (literally only a handful) who got pregnant and didn't graduate, a couple druggies who flunked out.

I have no clue what the situation at MHS is now with their graduation rate but I do know from friends and relatives there that the drug problem at Munster is BAD.

With my wife and several other relatives being public skool teachers I learned a lot about our public edu-ma-ka-shun system. Its one reason why my daughter has been in private school since kindergarten.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Sounds like a good excuse to go shooting:ar15:

They are still talking about telling all of us to work from home that Friday and Monday.

But the DNR ranges are CLOSED on Mondays so it does me no good. :(

You try and I will sic my vicious Boston Terriers on you!

You mean these 2?
    pod26.jpg

:laugh:

So you had less than 50% gradu-ma-cated from your skool?

Back in the old days, :mullet: when I went to Munster High School, we had something like a 98% graduation rate and better than 85% of the students were accepted to college (don't know how many went to college, or graduated). We had a class of about 400 my freshman year, I graduated with just about that many. Those who didn't graduate typically moved out of town before their senior year, we had a couple girls (literally only a handful) who got pregnant and didn't graduate, a couple druggies who flunked out.

I have no clue what the situation at MHS is now with their graduation rate but I do know from friends and relatives there that the drug problem at Munster is BAD.

With my wife and several other relatives being public skool teachers I learned a lot about our public edu-ma-ka-shun system. Its one reason why my daughter has been in private school since kindergarten.

Actually the drop was more like during the first 2 years. We lost close to 25% after freshman year and another 10% each of the following years. Of the 351 that graduated we have at least 20 confirmed dead (as of 2004 when the last "survey" was done) and 10 in jail for one reason or another. :rolleyes:

As for MUNSTER's drug problem. nnnnnnnooooooo there is no problem in munster. you are clearly wrong about that! Drugs only occur in EC, Hammond, Gary. Everyone knows that! :D

-Jedi

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    NATO summit could shut down rail lines running under McCormick - Post-Tribune

Looks like the south shore may be shut down and NO service will be avaliable period.
    With the sumit being MAT 20-21 I think I'll be calling off on that monday and staying away period.

-Jedi

Sounds like a good excuse to go shooting:ar15:

They are still talking about telling all of us to work from home that Friday and Monday.

I think I'll just put in for some vacation days and be done with it.

Then I will spend quality time at the Izaak Walton. :D

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    As for MUNSTER's drug problem. nnnnnnnooooooo there is no problem in munster. you are clearly wrong about that! Drugs only occur in EC, Hammond, Gary. Everyone knows that! :D

-Jedi

It surprises me that parents are clueless about drugs.

I'm happy that they drug test EVERY KID at least 1 time a year at the school my daughter attends. Because she is involved in sports and in academic extra-curricular activities she typically gets drug tested a couple times a year. Her school doesn't focus on drugs, but it takes a hard line against them, and it also holds the kids to very high academic standards. I think the combination of those things, plus parental involvement makes for a great learning environment that the public schools simply don't provide.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I know, I know if you have to ask you can't afford it.
    But does anyone know how much it cost to send a child to Forest Ridge Academy in Schererville, IN?
    Forest Ridge Academy

-Jedi

Yes!!! Forest Ridge tuition is $15,000 per year. I'm sitting at the cigar lounge with the parent of 2 kids who go there. The younger kids tuition is a little lower.

Be aware, they do offer scholarships if you can't afford the full tuition.

BTW, they are planning to expand the school and open up a high school in addition to the elementary and middle school grades.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    With the old men who shoot skeet and give people mean looks for talking about AKs, ARs. :rolleyes: Or with a line with a worm @ the end of it.

-Jedi

Those old men don't bother me. Heck, for all I know they are excited to see a girl shooting instead of their nagging wives. :dunno:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Yes!!! Forest Ridge tuition is $15,000 per year. I'm sitting at the cigar lounge with the parent of 2 kids who go there. The younger kids tuition is a little lower.

Be aware, they do offer scholarships if you can't afford the full tuition.

BTW, they are planning to expand the school and open up a high school in addition to the elementary and middle school grades.

Thanks. I was aware of the high school being built as well and so-so on it. From the reviews I have been reading and getting via emails it's a good school for 1-4 but after that it begins to fall apart. In terms of classes, teacher, etc. In any case it's out of my price range and I think St. Marys in Griffith will serve the needs for my daughter.

Those old men don't bother me. Heck, for all I know they are excited to see a girl shooting instead of their nagging wives. :dunno:

kick-butt.273122117_std.gif

u & my kid sister are 2 peas from the same pod!

Something like that.
    Ah so I need to get them a bigger size PINK tutu instead.:yesway:

-Jedi

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Ooh... If I ask really nicely and flutter my eyelashes can I go too? LOL.

Are we allowed to bring bowling pins...? :D

I also accept bribes. :laugh: We bring pretty much bring whatever we want. Just gotta clean up after ourselves. Golf balls are pretty fun to bounce around with a .22.

kick-butt.273122117_std.gif

u & my kid sister are 2 peas from the same

-Jedi

Does she pretty much hate other girls, too? Then she might be alright. :)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    . . . I think St. Marys in Griffith will serve the needs for my daughter.

-Jedi
    Probably a very good choice.

But when it comes to high schools don't consider Andrean unless they DRAMATICALLY change some of their policies. You would be far better off paying out of district tuition and sending her to Munster High, it is still the best school in Lake County.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Does she pretty much hate other girls, too? Then she might be alright. :)

I think so since most of her friends are boys. She does have 2 close female friends but that is about it. u can ask her at the next M&S since she will be there me thinks.

Too bad the .50 cal won't cause I know she would love to shot it. Guess she'll have to come to the MAY one as well. :D

-Jedi

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom