• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    In a couple hours I'm going to have a informal safety/gun familiarity session with the kids (12&14). Any tips and suggestions to get the understanding of safety. Also a basic understanding of how the gun works. I want to keep it fun so it sticks. I have a few ideas but can always use more, almost an improve syllabus.

I want to drill it in their head this evening then ask random questions during the drive, followed by of course more at the range. I'd like to go a little further then the 4 rules. I'm also thinking of having them field strip them and put them back together.

I went out and tried to find a cheap 22 but had no luck, looks like the Xdm 40 may be the first hand gun they shoot. I'm planning on getting there around 830 central to get some time with fundamentals with them.

I should be there early (with Pink Father). I would be more than happy to do their first intro to firing if you are willing to let me "have at 'em." I have quite a few brand new shooters under my belt and I would make sure to have my usual teaching guns ... an airsoft prop gun for the initial handling instruction (semi-auto and guns in general), a revolver (no ammo) for trigger instruction, a Neos .22 for first shots and proving gun handling, finish with a revolver again for live fire trigger control and then a semi-auto. I'll take it to whatever level (1st) they can safely and comfortably handle and (2nd) you allow. Also, please understand that I do not adhere (or teach) what everyone refers to as the first rule ... discussion for another thread or PM. IF you are ok with that, I'm your guy ..... If not, you are still welcome to use my equipment as long as I can supervise their use (by the kids ... not you).

Let me know. If you were closer to St. John, we could get together tonight and have them ready to fire first thing in the morning.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Very cool, I'm actually heading to meet them at my cousins in crown point. I'm heading there around 530isg for the intro. If your willing to help out in the am that would be awesome.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    It has been my feeling that Gander Mountain is seriously overpriced on their ammo, especially when compared to Walmart. Occasionally, Cabela's has a good sale but then you are comparing brands and quality. Check Walmart but keep in mind that they restrict ammo sales during certain hours (2200-0700 ???).

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Rifle racks

Here are some pics

2a8b2f26.jpg
    [/IMG]

Yes that is a ratchet strap on a dog condo.

201a28db.jpg
    [/IMG]

This is the only "issue" I see.
    3975eb84.jpg
    [/IMG]

Rifle Length ARs don't quite "fit" but as they say it's good enough for the girls I go with.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Gaps look pretty good, I don't have bolt handles rubbing or anything.

If you made it shorter you'd interfere with the sight on mid leingth rifles, if you went higher you may run into problems with shorter guns not fitting.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    2012-03-17192202.jpg

(no "J" on the first wheel, otherwise someone would be the,owner come Saturday)

Why that glitter green!!!!!
    :dunno:

That's what Jedi needs for his coffee can.

Hey now!

@Andy219/WD

I have a Ruger Mark III [.22] and a S&W .22 revolver if you just want to use that for the intro for the kids. Let me know and I'll add them to my "guns I'm taking". I was not planning on taking either one.

So should I raise or lower the bottom piece. How is the gaps between the rifles?

@Joe/Lone these are the units that are going to the meet tomorrow right?
    So do you still need the extra 3 folding card tables?

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Gaps look pretty good, I don't have bolt handles rubbing or anything.

If you made it shorter you'd interfere with the sight on mid leingth rifles, if you went higher you may run into problems with shorter guns not fitting.

Thanks for testing it out. I think we will just leave it the way it is.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    @Andy219/WD

I have a Ruger Mark III [.22] and a S&W .22 revolver if you just want to use that for the intro for the kids. Let me know and I'll add them to my "guns I'm taking". I was not planning on taking either one.

Yes ... please add those to the list. My Neos would work but the .22 revolver would be a HUGE plus.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    @Andy219/WD

Yes, if you can that'd great. What kind of 22 ammo, long rifle regular or magnum? I'll pick some up.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Awesome, I don't think they'll use to much, depending on how they do I may move them up to the .40. Well we see how it goes, don't want to get to far ahead of myself.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom