• Status
    Not open for further replies.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Jedi I have one of these if you wanna come down and borrow it, or I can meet you somewhere with it.

grill.jpg

Don't know if I can attend, but if I do I'll bring it, if not you can grab it if needed.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Does the meet and shoot this weekend have the potential to be the biggest one ever? I didn't make any last year, but the year before the most we've had was like 22.

Put it this way ... there's going to be Event Staff, Andy Frain ushers, Goodyear Blimp overhead, Valet Parking, coat check, and the health department will be there checking food temps.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Oh yeah and no weapons allowed.......

:)

Davegrave and me are carpooling (I'm driving this time in my ghetto hooptie) so we're good unless my transmission craps out on me in BFE somewhere.

:D

I'm bringing a large folding card table thingy and if I get time and remember some hotdog buns/burger buns.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi I have one of these if you wanna come down and borrow it, or I can meet you somewhere with it.

grill.jpg

Don't know if I can attend, but if I do I'll bring it, if not you can grab it if needed.

Thanks but I think with shootinDave brining his big gas grill we should be OK.

Put it this way ... there's going to be Event Staff, Andy Frain ushers, Goodyear Blimp overhead, Valet Parking, coat check, and the health department will be there checking food temps.

On a serious note we are probably going to have to be on both the 25 and 50 yard tis time around. Plus I hate to say it but we are going to need some "range nazis" cause this is a lot of people.

Oh yeah and no weapons allowed.......

:)

:rofl:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    On a serious note we are probably going to have to be on both the 25 and 50 yard tis time around. Plus I hate to say it but we are going to need some "range nazis" cause this is a lot of people.

Given the size of the group I think that is probably a good idea. 2 or 3 people who can simply act as safety officers. There will be a lot of "first timers" who have never been to a NWI INGO shoot before, plus lots of people who have not been shooting since last year. Safety officers at this first event is probably a really good idea.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lj056ao6GE[/ame]

Maybe they could wear special name tags instead of 'batdges' :ingo:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Given the size of the group I think that is probably a good idea. 2 or 3 people who can simply act as safety officers. There will be a lot of "first timers" who have never been to a NWI INGO shoot before, plus lots of people who have not been shooting since last year. Safety officers at this first event is probably a really good idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lj056ao6GE

Maybe they could wear special name tags instead of 'batdges' :ingo:
    Excellent point. I'm one of the newbs and I would hate to do something stupid. I'd also be interested in learning about being a safety officer

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I may leave my guests behind for this one. There's gonna be a bunch of people, and it may be tough watching my newbie guests in a large crowd. Maybe all the newbies (to shooting) should were vests so we know who to help and watch. We don't want to be percieved as a bunch of monkey's with guns lighting off half sticks again.

I have 3 or 4 newbies, 3 kids 13 16 and 19 along with an adult that want to come that range from zero to very little experience that want to join me. But I'm second guessing bringing them, still not sure and still debating on bringing them to this one or not.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Make sure to have a safety brief before and on a regular basis throughout the day.

Seems like it was early last season that AntieBellum wrote up some sort of safety notice. Maybe she can email a copy of that to JEDI and he can print them off and post them around the range? Or give them to the newbies who attend this event. It was a very common sense stuff but worth reprinting/repeating.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Seems like it was early last season that AntieBellum wrote up some sort of safety notice. Maybe she can email a copy of that to JEDI and he can print them off and post them around the range? Or give them to the newbies who attend this event. It was a very common sense stuff but worth reprinting/repeating.

I still have the file and have copies of it and was planing on bring more copies as well. :) 1 step ahead of u old man. ;)

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Cabellas doesn't open till nine, this sucks. Just got off work and detoured here to pick up all the ammo I ordered. Now I have to sit on the parking lot for over an hour. Did I mention this sucks?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Cabellas doesn't open till nine, this sucks. Just got off work and detoured here to pick up all the ammo I ordered. Now I have to sit on the parking lot for over an hour. Did I mention this sucks?

I got to the lounge early, you could have come here. Its only 10 minutes from Cabelas.

I hope they are on PINK PAPER!
    Oh its worse than that, he uses pink ink on pink paper.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I got to the lounge early, you could have come here. Its only 10 minutes from Cabelas.

Oh its worse than that, he uses pink ink on pink paper.

I should have, I thought this place opened at 8. If id of known it opened at 9 I'd of stopped for a cigar first. At least I'd have someone to talk to over a cigar and cup of coffee.

That would of been nice, man this day isn't off to a good start.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    It looks like there going to be a lot of rifles at the M&S
    e73b3d48.jpg

I have the materials to build three of these. I will not be able to make it out there. If some one is willing to come out to Hobart to pick them up I will build them.

Is that an actual pic of one you built? or a stock photo?

How much would you want to make one for me? (I could use something like that when I am rummaging around in my safe or I need to get to a rifle in the back of the safe. Wife hates it when I lay them all over the floor or on her furniture.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom