• Status
    Not open for further replies.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Go make some money. That is what they really hate. They laugh it off because you pay union dues. At the end of the week you still make more though.............

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Go make some money. That is what they really hate.
    Those of us in the 1% really feel like most people consider us "evil" or somehow "villains" in this society.

I pay the maximum tax rate on my regular income and I pay the maximum tax rate on my capital gains. Most of my income this year will be from capital gains. Capital gains tax rate is 15%. So my TOTAL TAX RATE will be lower than someone who doesn't earn income from Capital Gains. But in order to get those Capital Gains investments my income was previously taxed. So my income is really TAXED TWICE. Once when I earned it, and then a second time when I put my savings to productive use to earn money.

But apparently that is still not enough for some people they want more of what I earn.

Yet, if you look at the numbers, the top 1% pay 40% of all income taxes, the top 5% pays about 59% of all taxes, the top 10% of income earners pay over 70% of taxes . . . while 47% of the population pays ZERO federal income tax.

What the Obama-bots really don't want is for me to STOP PRODUCING because they will lose the jobs I create AND they will lose the taxable income I create (not just for me, but for the jobs I create). Even when I simply convert things and don't run them I create jobs. Right now I'm looking at buying a regional hospital that is having serious financial trouble, laying off workers, etc. I've already lined up a major hospital group that is looking for a large medical facility. Simply putting 1 + 1 together will net me a boatload of EVIL MONEY, but it could create hundreds of jobs as the major hospital group expands. All those new workers will earn income, pay some taxes, and I will literally pay more in taxes on this deal than most families make in a year (or two). Still, I'm the bad guy? Oh, and it costs me tens of thousands of dollars that I RISK to put a deal like this together and there is a reasonable chance the deal will NOT happen. But I'm still the bad guy?

Honestly at some point I will say FU to this government and stop doing this stuff. And if others like me stop this stuff then the engine of the world will stop with us. We are the people who create jobs. If I (and people like me) stop, then who will risk their money to create the jobs?

Who else is going to step up and risk $30,000 to $70,000 in an effort to simply put together a deal that might not even happen? If I am willing to try, then why I am the evil one if the deal makes me money?

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Damn, Bob.

I normally save heavy stuff like this for after lunch.

Sad thing is there are REPUBLICANS that think you're evil for making money like you do too.
    And that pisses me off, Mitch Daniels said last night that America is becoming a country of "haves" and "have nots" instead of "haves" and "soon to haves" or something like that.

When the hell did making money and being successful become evil?

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    At least I'm old enough to remember the "good old days" when profit was a good word.

You and me both. You should try going to school now with these kids. The professors have never been outside of academia and are clueless and the students drink it up. I'm gonna end up with a degree and ulcers before it's over...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You and me both. You should try going to school now with these kids. The professors have never been outside of academia and are clueless and the students drink it up. I'm gonna end up with a degree and ulcers before it's over...

Unless you graduate before 12-21-2012 you are won't.
    -Jedi

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I just woke up and I dreamt of cigars. So I'm heading to the 1101 if anyone wants to have a ceegar and talk about anything and everything. No topic is off the table. Lol

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I just woke up and I dreamt of cigars. So I'm heading to the 1101 if anyone wants to have a ceegar and talk about anything and everything. No topic is off the table. Lol

You just missed aclark. He was in for a couple hours. Oh, and he made an offer on a house . . . that was accepted. Looks like he will join the joyful toll of homeownership, yard maintenance, gardening, etc.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom