Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    got home from work yesterday (8-noon), and found T_star had shoveled the entire driveway, now bear in mind our drive is approx 100 ft long and two lanes wide!!! also she shoveled the walk in front and back of the house and to the garage!!! she is definitely A KEEPER!!!!! :D:D

Be careful.. She is a female and when they do stuff they expect "payment" in return and/or will keep it in the back of their mind and then BAM! pull out that ace card when you least expect it. :D

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Going to a second showing to a new construction home in CP. Offer might be going in this afternoon. Let you know what happens.
    WOW, getting married and buying a house all in 1 year . . . just like a grown up. ;)

I am going to order some kydex.

Does NWI want a kydex class?
    Not sure that I want a class but I wouldn't mind a holster for my Detonics MTX pistol.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Byron, I'd show up to a class. Need a couple mag holders for the AR.

We should know about the offer by Tues at noon. Kind of nerve wrecking, but exciting too. Really nice house off 109th in CP. And yea Bob, this grown up thing does suck. When can I become an "old white guy"? lol

Jedi, even though my wife is getting baby crazy from all our family and friends having kids, its not in the cards right now. House is gonna drain the bank for now, can't have a poop machine making more bills. BUT I still have a gun and ammo fund, that is at least till I need a snow blower next year!

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    Headed to Cabela's in the morning with M2A2 to get some 5.56 federal's that are on sale, stopping for breakfast at 7am in Hammond/Hessville , if anyone wants to meet for breakfast I will buy.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Be careful.. She is a female and when they do stuff they expect "payment" in return and/or will keep it in the back of their mind and then BAM! pull out that ace card when you least expect it. :D

He texted me on his way home, not knowing what I was up to and asked if I wanted something from Taco Bell. Working up the sweat I was, I said YESSSS...
    (and I was working up quite the sweat, I only took one break AND I was using the smaller, t_star sized shovel instead of the monster he uses)

darkkevin got home and said "well, I guess I owe you more then Taco Bell, huh?" :D

Now...to decide what kinda shiny I want....:dunno: or perhaps not so shiny but goes BANG!

Oh, and I gotta give him credit...he did have brunch ready for me today upon my return home from wal-hell. :)::)::):

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Now...to decide what kinda shiny I want....:dunno:

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC I told you darkkevin!!
    All females are wired that way! :D

Here is a shiny for you t_star
    chunky+ring3.jpg

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    So ya would rather have a NON-NWI gun store win the INGO contest instead of it going to our region? :dunno: Yes Blythes has it's ups and downs but it's made it to round 2 and it's from our region.

We HAVE to show those southerns that we are a force to mess with and we are #1! Or would you rather have them continue to look at us as low life thugs (which we are.) :D

Go & vote, vote again, bring your dead to vote, demand that IDs be shown for those that are not from NWI, vote a 3rd time. :laugh:

-Jedi

Made a trip to Valpo yesterday, I have my sights set on a few things and want to see how they feel before I buy. Was looking to get my hands on a CM9, but they didn't have any. :( Sales guy (young, maybe around my age? hard to tell) was doing great, until he pulled out the pink P3AT, after I had told him I was wanting to move up to a bigger gun than my P3AT...:dunno: But, that was his only slip up, other than that he answered all my questions and spoke to me, instead of [STRIKE]my keeper[/STRIKE] darkkevin. :yesway:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    SPD are responding to all the idiots with Camaros and other RWD cars getting stuck on the hills...

People - winter is the time you put your sports cars away.

I was having fun in the ice and snow earlier in my little Toyota.

Not if your sports car has AWD and Winter tires;)

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Well after they countered, and we sent back another counter, we have ourselves a deal. Should be closing the beginning of March if all goes well with the loan.

As for an AR build party. I have a lower that I need to order a build kit for, and then possibly an upper if I can't find what I want. I'm in. Give me a couple months I should have a nice basement to host some get togethers in.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    So, let's get some thoughts organized and put something together.
    Current "event" ideas:
    AR build class
    Kydex holster making class
    Duracoat and finishing class
    Magpul DVD showing and file sharing social summit

Other "event" ideas (feel free to add your own)

Canning and such class
    Radio and communication class
    Water purification? (just throwing out ideas)

I know I've been turning over the idea of having a small range "clinic" day semi regularly. Something small where we go to the range and run a few drills or whatever. Nothing real formal but relaxed where you can get something out of it. Instead of the meet and shoot atmosphere where it's more about shaking hands and making noise (not that there is anything wrong with that, it's just hard to get "training" done when bacon is available).

I don't know, I'm just tossing ideas out there.
    What say you NWI?

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    So, let's get some thoughts organized and put something together.
    Current "event" ideas:
    AR build class
    Kydex holster making class
    Duracoat and finishing class
    Magpul DVD showing and file sharing social summit

I'd be up for any of these if my schedule works out. Especially the AR build party.

I know I've been turning over the idea of having a small range "clinic" day semi regularly. Something small where we go to the range and run a few drills or whatever. Nothing real formal but relaxed where you can get something out of it. Instead of the meet and shoot atmosphere where it's more about shaking hands and making noise (not that there is anything wrong with that, it's just hard to get "training" done when bacon is available).
    Something like this would be cool also.
    I don't know, I'm just tossing ideas out there.
    What say you NWI?

Set a date, I'll try and be there.:D

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Set a date, I'll try and be there.:D

Okay I like where your head's at.

Let's put this out there.

First, if you(anyone) want in on the AR build class, Do you have all the parts for your AR? If not what do you need?
    Do you have tools? (not needed but nice to have)
    Do you have the know how? (again not needed)
    Do you want to watch a bunch of dudes build rifles (I'm sure you're welcome too).
    Let's get a head count of who is interested, and who has what, who needs what. Then let's set a location, I know there have been some offers, my place is available too. And a date when the most can attend.

Now as far as the range clinic, let's throw up some ideas for what we want to focus on.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Canning and such class
    Radio and communication class
    Water purification? (just throwing out ideas)

...What say you NWI?

I would definitely be up for the communications (Ham) stuff and maybe even pressure canning.

I have access to private land in Michigan and was thinking about a weekend outing. There are no amenities whatsoever and we could practice survival skills (shelter building, fire-making, water purification, etc.) without any interference (as long as the fires were small) and setting up a temporary handgun or rifle range would be a snap. I have no date in mind but the group would have to be fairly small.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom