Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Mmmmm... cornbread and butter... I ate a couple of dinner rolls last night too. It's been so long since I had bread. But I'm still craving a good Thanksgiving dinner. Was invited to a a co-worker's house for dinner yesterday and had an odd assortment of cold deli turkey, canned creamed corn, bare mashed potatoes out of a tub, and salad. I appreciate the invitation, but I'm STILL HUNGRY.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I forgot how much I love cornbread, and I gotta say, the cornbread they had was amazing. Moist, slightly sweet, mixed with the creaminess of the butter... Out of this world.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    wife has been gone since 530 for her 2nd round of shopping, first one started about 9 pm last night. gave me a reason to fall asleep on the couch watching tv.

sorry for your luck, snap. i made turkey three ways yesterday, traditional oven, on the grill, and in the rotisserie. if you have taste-o-vision at your place, here's a pic of the grilled one.
    2014grill.jpg

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    :faint:

I'm going to fix T-giving dinner the next weekend I'm off. I've got three turkeys in the freezer that I got for $5 each at Stracks when they were on sale. I'll do a turkey, dressing, cranberries, and one kind of potatoes--either mashed or yams. No rolls. No pie. Good low-carb compromise.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    a 3 oz. slice of cornbread is 37 carbs....... I remember cornbread.... oh well..

snap those mashed potatoes are going to be 18 carbs for a 1/2 cup....

that roasted turkey is carb free baby and that is how I spent yesterday at the family meal. I thought I was going to have turkey and ham but someone decided the ham would taste better if they poured a can of sugared pineapples all over it... Oh well probably ate 5 or 6 pounds of turkey yesterday....

I was really watching the fam eat that lasagna and those Conolli's which I only eat with my eye's anymore...

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    You can always stop and ask if they got what you want... He is one of the largest liquor stores in the county..

I think one of his other stores had more wines etc.... Like I said it doesn't hurt to ask... If your going to stop there txt me for a name to ask for...

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Lake Liquors
    St John Wine & Spirits
    Liquor Bucket
    Nicks
    Wiseguys

Probably the biggest ones in the area with the greatest selection.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom