• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Now a bit later in time but these were fun to run in the old Hoosier Line.....

monon00554a42hdr.jpg

that whole Wild Bill Hickok incident was just one stupid thing after all.... It was actually Calamity Jane that actually hit him.... but.....

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    So my wife has finally come around and is requesting a gun. She wants something small. I found a S&W bodyguard w/ a crimson trace laser attached at SCG I think would be perfect, any reviews from yall would be great. Thanks!

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    So my wife has finally come around and is requesting a gun. She wants something small. I found a S&W bodyguard w/ a crimson trace laser attached at SCG I think would be perfect, any reviews from yall would be great. Thanks!

That's a good wife gun, but if she's a new shooter the laser may discourage learning of fundamentals. Sadclown has a g42 in the classifieds if it's in your price range.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I kinda think a first gun and a carry gun are actually two different gun's....

with that said a lightweight gun like the air weight J frames are a bit harder to learn to shoot and more brutal to the shooter in the way of recoil. A heavier gun in the same size will have a better chance to be shot.... Kinda like I would give the Ruger SP101 the nod over the LCR...

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI

If you are coming to the meet and shoot, I can bring my air weight 38spl J Frame, and you can give it a try, it is not the most pleasant gun in the world. I want to get my hands on the new Ruger LCR in 9mm, that should be a pleasure to shoot.

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    If you are coming to the meet and shoot, I can bring my air weight 38spl J Frame, and you can give it a try, it is not the most pleasant gun in the world. I want to get my hands on the new Ruger LCR in 9mm, that should be a pleasure to shoot.

There was a lcr 9mm at the October meet&shoot. He let me shoot it, it was pretty sweet. A little less recoil than my 38spl lcr. But not much.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    I wont make the meet n shoot. Thanks for the opinions and suggestions. Ill look a little more at different options. I thinks the laser will help her out being a first time shooter but I would help coach her with not using it at the range

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Xfrosty, If you two want to meet up at a range sometime just PM me, I have the sp101 in 2 inch, 3 inch, and 4.2 inch and the lcr, plus a assortment of other guns that you two are welcome to shoot if you want before you make the purchase....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom