• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I haven't tried silicon or graphite before, I did notice that my AR that I use to shoot all the time on a friends farm some years back would work in the severe conditions if I left it outside when I went inside the farm house to warm up but if I took inside it would jam up outside in the cold all the time...

Again I don't think this was from oil or lack of oil as I thought it was condensation freezing on the actions of the different semi autos I experienced it with.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    I haven't tried silicon or graphite before, I did notice that my AR that I use to shoot all the time on a friends farm some years back would work in the severe conditions if I left it outside when I went inside the farm house to warm up but if I took inside it would jam up outside in the cold all the time...

Again I don't think this was from oil or lack of oil as I thought it was condensation freezing on the actions of the different semi autos I experienced it with.

Slip 2000 FTW! It's all you will ever need.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Yes, taking the AR (and a lot of semis) will be affected by being taken in and out.
    I bigger caliber has more excess energy in the mechanism to load the next round.
    I think M1s handle the condensation and freezing better.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Thinking about it I don't think I ever had a problem with my M1 Garand failing to fire but I didn't ever treat it like that old AR or any of my carry pistols

Groov, I'll have to look for this stuff you speak of, although I do carry revolvers more anymore. I do like the fact that a 357 magnum will provide more energy on target than most other semi auto calibers. The pistol is nice though when going into a unfriendly area with lots of people in it...

maddawg138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    La Porte
    Finally was able to get to Blythe's today and fire off a couple boxes... Took a couple mags to reacquaint myself shooting but I'm satisfied with my grouping today considering how long its been.

Also never fails me to buy something when I go. Got me a new IWB holster and a magpul front flip up sight for my AR

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Thinking about it I don't think I ever had a problem with my M1 Garand failing to fire but I didn't ever treat it like that old AR or any of my carry pistols

Groov, I'll have to look for this stuff you speak of, although I do carry revolvers more anymore. I do like the fact that a 357 magnum will provide more energy on target than most other semi auto calibers. The pistol is nice though when going into a unfriendly area with lots of people in it...

I carry a S&W model 19.

Handgun Cartridge Power Chart - Condensed Version

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Very cool. I either need a bigger humidor or need to smoke more. What kind of humidification system will you be using?

Once all that wood is seasoned, it shouldn't take much to maintain inside that case. I have a pound of heartfelt beads I'm hoping will be sufficient. Basically its just a fancy coolerdor. I had some Underwater Kinetics cases (like Pelicans) and added 20 board feet of Spanish cedar. Currently seasoning the wood.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Yeah, but what I have isn't ideal for swinging around and getting on a moving target in the air. The closest thing I have is an 870 Express (youth) in 20 gauge with a skeet choke.

I'm in though. If nothing else, I'll bring my toys and see what I can do with them. Hopefully you can talk some of these other deadbeats to come out and play.
    Hear that deadbeats? No other brave souls want to come shoot tonight? I'll in an orange NRA hat so you can easily find me. -Damon

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom