• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    It is kind of interesting, it has a backwash that it does automatically when it gets dirty. Although you can bypass it and preform a backwash whenever you need to. You set the time you want it to backwash and when it senses the need for it or after 3 weeks I believe, it waits until the time you set to backwash. I have the backwash set for 1 am on the filter and 2 am for the softener. The backwash for the filter takes about 20 minutes, and you have to secure the backwash hose because it shoots out like a pressure washer.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Interesting system.

I couldn't find the micron particle size that is filtered out. I use a standard cartridge system and 20 micron particle filters. If I forget to change them they tend to sludge up with something that looks like rusted iron & clay!

I have my system set up: WELL => Pressure Tank => FILTER => Softener => house.

There are only 2 people in my house 9 months each year, 3 during the summer. So our water usage is pretty moderate.
    Same here. I was amazed at how quickly it fills up. At 3-4 weeks the water will get a bit of an odor if it isn't changed.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Ken how old is your well?

When we first moved in the filter clogged up in a matter of days. Then it pretty quickly settled down to every couple of weeks. Now its more likely every 30+ days. But my well will be turning 20 years old pretty soon.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    how can you tell if you need a filter? Im not sure how old our well is, maybe 20 years, but the water is crystal clear and doesnt taste half bad. I think we have the sand to thank for this.. Id just hate to toss in another thing I have to do around here periodically. especially considering the well is not that easy to get to

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I looked at that culligan whole house filter when I bought my last softener but it was pretty new and I passed. Next time around I am thinking I might try that culligan before the tank to keep things cleaner going into the tank and the softener. I have a water boss softener that is supposed to also have a filter that is self cleaning. I use a activated charcoal filter for drinking and the rest of the house does fine without additional filters.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    Happy Birthday T & aclark (belated)

So l'm looking to get my house Professionally Power washed mostly cause it's a 2 Story. Does anyone recommend any Company in NWI? Roughly what did it cost?

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Happy Birthday T & aclark (belated)

So l'm looking to get my house Professionally Power washed mostly cause it's a 2 Story. Does anyone recommend any Company in NWI? Roughly what did it cost?

My first business was window washing/gutter cleaning/power washing and such. Depending on the size of your house expect to pay $200-500 with upcharges if you have areas of mold or other crap like that. If you get more services along with the washing, you might realize a better value.

Hell, I'll do it for you if you can wait till the heat breaks :D

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    My first business was window washing/gutter cleaning/power washing and such. Depending on the size of your house expect to pay $200-500 with upcharges if you have areas of mold or other crap like that. If you get more services along with the washing, you might realize a better value.

Hell, I'll do it for you if you can wait till the heat breaks :D

you r a north of us30 thug. You are NOT allowed to help those raccoon for pets south of us30 rednecks.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    A guy I went to high school with owns HydroClean in Dyer. I was gonna call him. I wouldn't mind doing it myself if it wasn't for the second story being 30 ft up.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    how can you tell if you need a filter? Im not sure how old our well is, maybe 20 years, but the water is crystal clear and doesnt taste half bad. I think we have the sand to thank for this.. Id just hate to toss in another thing I have to do around here periodically. especially considering the well is not that easy to get to

You answered your own question! You don't need a filter. Every well is different.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    One thing I've noticed with harbor freight tools is their hand tools aren't that bad, but their power tools are best considered disposable. You may get a couple of jobs out of it, but don't count on it being the last one you'll ever buy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom