I love my job.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @larry I took the list that bob posted and just went to the official websites and looks at the current 2014 models.
    They did not look nice but then again like I was telling GG on the train ride home I'm not sure what I really want.

I like the idea of a truck (ie. like what cliff45 has, what DarkKevin has double wheels I think is a bit too much) cause I could just toss everything for the meet & shoots and go. But at the same time, GG did have a good point it would be a get there and come back since there is no cover so I really can't stop anywhere for too long.

Plus on a truck I could just buy some ramps and roll the snowblower onto it and go to where I need to go. Right now the only way to move the blower is take it apart somewhat load it into the minivan and go.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    thought of you today larry, saw a escape rolling thru chesterton with a HUGE plow on the front. not like some little wimpy 5' plastic blade plow, like a 7' western red steel. poor little truck, both front (car) tires looked like they were almost flattened by the weight and the bottom of the plow brackets weren't 3" off the ground cuz the front end was sagging so bad. woulda took a pic but i was driving a customers car and didn't have my phone. i was hoping the rear tires were gonna come off the ground when he stopped for the red light!! :laugh:

black label

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Hobart
    @larry I took the list that bob posted and just went to the official websites and looks at the current 2014 models.
    They did not look nice but then again like I was telling GG on the train ride home I'm not sure what I really want.

I like the idea of a truck (ie. like what cliff45 has, what DarkKevin has double wheels I think is a bit too much) cause I could just toss everything for the meet & shoots and go. But at the same time, GG did have a good point it would be a get there and come back since there is no cover so I really can't stop anywhere for too long.

Plus on a truck I could just buy some ramps and roll the snowblower onto it and go to where I need to go. Right now the only way to move the blower is take it apart somewhat load it into the minivan and go.

You know they make tonneau covers for that reason! Just saying.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Getting a good sized snowblower on the back is not as easy as it looks. Dropped mine off Pete's. I was worried.
    Trailer is nice.

thought of you today larry, saw a escape rolling thru chesterton with a HUGE plow on the front. not like some little wimpy 5' plastic blade plow, like a 7' western red steel. poor little truck, both front (car) tires looked like they were almost flattened by the weight and the bottom of the plow brackets weren't 3" off the ground cuz the front end was sagging so bad. woulda took a pic but i was driving a customers car and didn't have my phone. i was hoping the rear tires were gonna come off the ground when he stopped for the red light!! :laugh:

He's tearing it up. Regardless of the hitch he MAY have upgraded to, he's probably limited to 300 pounds tongue weight.
    That limits you down to one light duty plow, no raising/lowering/turning side to side.
    [video=youtube;i8Jy9xn-VD4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8Jy9xn-VD4[/video]

So he's probably warping the front of his frame.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    . . .

So he's probably warping the front of his frame.

He doesn't even have a frame! The Escape is not a body on frame vehicle, its a unibody construction vehicle. If he bends anything he essentially bends little parts of everything. Body panels will start to sag, gaps will develop at the front of the front doors, front quarter panels will not be true, etc.

a what?
    remmeber you are talking to jedi != to car stuff

A vinyl cover that snaps on the rails of the bed to cover it. Or a hard fiberglass cover for the bed.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    By the way.

Get out of the house for a while tomorrow.

Steak Fry at American Legion Post 485. 7485 Burr street, Schererville.
    I think it's 4-7 PM, with $15 cost.
    I will be there (unless I get stuck at work again).
    We have 80 steaks and potatoes.
    At least you can come, so the cooks have a reason why they're freezing outside.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Finally got around to adding real, reusable dessicant packs to my ammo boxes.

Found a couple boxes of ammo I didn't know I had.

Bonus

I really can't remember where they came from, but I think its a great reason to buy a 44mag. Got 1 box 44sp and 1 mag.

Last edited:

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Jedi.... The truck is a great hauler, you could always drop a bed cap on it and then it would be enclosed for your range trips with the ability to pull the cap off for larger items like the snow blower etc... I like my Chevy Suburban which is a truck with a completely enclosed bed, but it probably wouldn't work as well for your use, like the pickup truck would... 4 wheel drive would be nice and for hauling the V8 engine too but it will cost more and you will get less gas mileage with those options...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    too many options... **sigh***
    I like larry's whatever he has it seems to fit everything for the shoots.
    But dont think it will fit a blower, perhaps towing the blower but still think it's easier to use ramps/for blower.

oh i dont know right now.
    i have 1/2 a mind to say forget it once the car dies so does winamac and just get a small compact for driving to/from train station.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    too many options... **sigh***
    I like larry's whatever he has it seems to fit everything for the shoots.
    But dont think it will fit a blower, perhaps towing the blower but still think it's easier to use ramps/for blower.

oh i dont know right now.
    i have 1/2 a mind to say forget it once the car dies so does winamac and just get a small compact for driving to/from train station.

Get a vw
    DSC_0200.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom