• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Varmint Grenades to the rescue.... Just call me and I'll show up with NV and the 223 cal grenades to make your tranquil home tranquil again....

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    speaking of gun raffles, my ike's chapter is raffling a kimber pro shop 1911, $10 a ticket, 300 ticket's to be sold. if anyones interested just hit me up here, or call/text me. drawing is sept 4th i believe, doubt tickets will last near that long tho.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    KLB needs some FLIR! How many pieces of FLIR are you wearing? You are required to wear at least 15 pieces of FLIR.

I don't trust gun raffles. I think they're all fixed.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :crying:
    Waiting for a call all morning and guess what Jedi has yet to get the call! How do they expect this project to be completed by Monday if they don't call!!!
    GGGRRRRRR
    [video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9We2XsVZfc[/video]

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    speaking of gun raffles, my ike's chapter is raffling a kimber pro shop 1911, $10 a ticket, 300 ticket's to be sold. if anyones interested just hit me up here, or call/text me. drawing is sept 4th i believe, doubt tickets will last near that long tho.

If you are coming to the Open Carry Cigar Night tonight at the you are welcome to sell the tickets tonight.

Therese can do the same for the HPD raffle too.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    If you are coming to the Open Carry Cigar Night tonight at the you are welcome to sell the tickets tonight.

Therese can do the same for the HPD raffle too.

I don't have tickets for the HPD one. Are the fliers I set out still around? If not, I have more.

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    Well I recommended the Blondie. I sure as hell wasn't going to send him out there with any of those watermelon, pineapple, peach or grape cigarillos that you pretend are cee-gars.

You may want to come to the DREW ESTATES event this Thursday. Drew Estates makes the BLONDIE and other assorted popurri flavored cigars. But they also make the totally awesome coffee and cappuccino flavored Tabac Especial Negra and Dulce cigars too!

Sorry Bob, I am headed to Chiraq to watch my niece play Basketball... Disappointing... seems like the schedule never allows me time to get over there to Sville for some good smokes and fellowship... Thanks

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Worked the last two weeks in Valpo and had to go thru the round-a-bout by Blythe's a lot and need to rename the thing "The Circle Of Death" the way people fly thru there. Does anyone there know what a yield sign is for?

It is true that some people cant figure it out, but I only live a couple miles and go through that interection ALL the time... Sure beats sitting on the stupid light for 2-3 minutes... What gets me is the ones that Are IN the Circle and then Stop, to yield to the incoming traffic... Stupid!!!!
    There is a "trainer" video on the Valpo Website. For the most part it works (especially at that corner) FANTASTIC... BIG Fan here...

People need to just LOOK at the lane markers and be in the proper lane BEFORE they get into the Circle... The worst is people trying to change lanes while IN the circle itself... oh well, some people just take longer to train... My wife however has other routes just to avoid it... cracks me up...

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    For your sake i hope you aren't serious... When looking for my carry gun, an external safety was a BIG no-go. God forbid I ever have to use my pistol, I want the least amount of possible intrusions between unholstering and BANG as possible. I don't want to have to worry about fumbling with a safety that might have accidentaly engaged for whatever reason. I don't understand why you would need an external safety on a carry pistol. That's what turned me off to a bunch of probably phenomenal carry guns because they weren't available without external safeties.

M&P Shield with an External Safety which is NEVER engaged... already has two others and so small that it is a B***CH to get off, especially in a rush... So, carry it with the safety off, always... it is also so small that there is little chance of it accidentally getting put on... I see now that the shield is being produced Without the external... Seems to me that Smith and Wesson also think it is a needless redundancy...

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    M&P Shield with an External Safety which is NEVER engaged... already has two others and so small that it is a B***CH to get off, especially in a rush... So, carry it with the safety off, always... it is also so small that there is little chance of it accidentally getting put on... I see now that the shield is being produced Without the external... Seems to me that Smith and Wesson also think it is a needless redundancy...
    I carry my MP9c the same way. I plan to remove the safety one of these days. Or maybe I will get someone else to do it for me.

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    I carry my MP9c the same way. I plan to remove the safety one of these days. Or maybe I will get someone else to do it for me.

If it came from the factory with the safety I would NOT recommend removing the safety.. (sorry, put on the Lawyer hat for just a moment...)
    They will have a field day if it is a modified gun, especially with a "Safety" removed...

again,
    AIAAL, IANYL, YMMV

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    I prefer an external safety but thats just me. Although in the military our pistols have safetys so ive been trained to disengage the safety in a timely manner to react to a threat. A friend of mine swore up and down he could draw and shoot faster than me with his glock. I proved him wrong at blythes a while back, beat him by over a second every time with my fnx .40 safety on hammer back as I carry it.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Does ILcaveman install natural gas whole-house generators? I have people at work asking if anyone knows anybody.

Yes, he installed mine last week during the power outage. He also installed another INGO member's natural gas system recently too. He is an authorized Generac dealer, he does installs, service, warranty work, etc.

C & J Electric, ask for Chuck, he is the owner, and is IL Caveman. Office Phone => (708) 757-4495

Anyone wanting one should tell him they heard about him on INGO. He gives better deals to INGO members :ingo:

FWIW, he usually shows up at cigar events at da Clubhouse, so he will probably be there tonight.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Thanks, I will pass along the info. I don't know how the requesting party feels about firearms, but I would try pointing some business his way regardless.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Sheepdog do you have any experience on looking over contacts for a purchases of a house by owner for cash.
    Seller has atty that wrote up contract for cash payment of house. Need an atty to look it over.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom