• Status
    Not open for further replies.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Ok....looks like I'll be coming to the great snubbie shoot off. I'm planning on getting to Schoop's at around noon to grab something to eat as well. I'm at a Dr appointment for LadyGhost right now, but as soon as it's done I'm packing up the snubbies and heading out.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I'm packing up now for the shoot... I have to eat before we shoot soooo I'll be at Schoop's till 1PM if the roads cooperate...

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Well, tractor didn't start, appears ignition's dead no sparky. Was kinda sporadic last summer, dead now.

Shoveled the drive. It's getting harder and harder... lifting each scoop 4' up is exhausting.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I had a big day scheduled at work today in Portage and East Chicago. I got the call at about 0700 this morning to pull the plug for today so I went back to bed til noon.

Haven't done that in about a month, it was great.

maddawg138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    La Porte
    so i have a dilemma

there was a contract job i was told about and i was set on possibly taking the job opportunity in phoenix....but apparently I have to figure out my own travel plans (including where I will be staying) and possibly not get paid for a month...also its a contract job for 6-12 months. The contract that was sent to me does not have the actual company name on it (has some other company name on it) and I just feel sketchy about it. I've looked up the company and my google fu sucks apparently cause i cant find much about them but they say they have a contract with ATT and need to prove themselves as they are a fairly new company etc.

the whole situation just doesnt seem right and I have been wanting to move out to AZ for awhile now and i just feel this is too good to be true.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    You know the saying, "If it sounds too good to be true ..."

Lacking further research or information, I would not pursue this "opportunity." However, there is nothing preventing you from researching further.

I have contacts in Phoenix if you want to PM me more information. I can't guarantee anything more than asking on your behalf.

I couldn't have said it better myself, minus the contacts in AZ. I don't know anyone in AZ.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    so i have a dilemma

there was a contract job i was told about and i was set on possibly taking the job opportunity in phoenix....but apparently I have to figure out my own travel plans (including where I will be staying) and possibly not get paid for a month...also its a contract job for 6-12 months. The contract that was sent to me does not have the actual company name on it (has some other company name on it) and I just feel sketchy about it. I've looked up the company and my google fu sucks apparently cause i cant find much about them but they say they have a contract with ATT and need to prove themselves as they are a fairly new company etc.

the whole situation just doesnt seem right and I have been wanting to move out to AZ for awhile now and i just feel this is too good to be true.

How did you come upon this opportunity? Did they offer a contract with minimal information from you? Does the communication seem 'canned' in any way? Have you given your social and other info to them? Have you spoken over the phone or in person to anyone? Did they indicate they will require your bank account info to pay you?

This smells fishy. Part of my job involves sniffing out scams like this, and this has some red flags. If you're comfortable sharing the info they've given you, PM me and I'd be happy to help, and of course, keep it in the strictest confidence.

All you have to do is give me your bank account info to get started...;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom