Jedi wants snow like this!!!
    8-foot-snow.jpg

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Not going to make a difference as the IRS has stated that no checks will be going out until last week in FEB at the earliest due to YOUR congress waiting until the last minute so the IRS is behind scheudle.

Regardless, my end of the deal is completed.

On LEGO. You sound like my grandpa talking about cars. He refused to buy anything newer than 1968 because removing leaded fuel and adding emissions controls ruined everything.

Things change. Whether or not you agree with the change. I do agree the trains have been always much too pricey but as far as colors are concerned, things change. I would prefer all yellow face mini figs, but I'll take what they offer.

Until about a year ago the majority of my sets were from childhood, the newest being around '95. But for the past 5 years or so I've been picking up a $100 and a $200-250 set every year.

I still like them, as an adult, the technics line is more of a blank canvas and I've built a few of my own sets. The mainstream Lego sets I treat as 3d puzzles and build n set on a shelf.

I'd like a Lego train set to build a Lego city of my own design someday, but I need to wait for son to get a little older so I can blame my purchases on gifts for him and build it together.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    dan r u calling jedi old!!!!!
    the only LEGO sets jedi has kept up with are the city model sets. thehotel, the pet shop, the 2 story condo, the grand mall, the fire station (not built yet)

jedi needs to get city hall this year before it retires. then the cinema and the newest french cafe.
    have you see the french cafe! the level of detail in a $200 set is :wow:

jedi also picked up the haunted house a while back cause it was cool.
    actually jedi is running out of space for these sets.

also need to find a used death star for DS. picked up a nib a while back but will give that to him when he becomes a father. :)

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    but that is YOUR snow not mine. mine is about 1/2 way of the side of the car but that is not enough.
    Jedi wants more and more cause jedi loves snow.

Come by with a truck. I have a bucket loader. You can have as much as you'd like. I'll even load for you.

In fact, I can borrow my father in law's dump truck and I'll deliver 30yds of snow at a time for the cost of fuel.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Back in 1971 when I started driving gas was 31 cents a gallon. Look at it now.

1985 gas was $1.26.

Lucky you!
    I am still need to get all the donations in order.
    Hopefully by this weekend or next.

Ever think of writing down the donations as you make them. Put them on a single piece of paper, to keep track of them.
    Put it on your computer desk, taped up.

Geez, my fingertips are blanched.

Basement is only 56°F and I've been sitting down here doing my taxes for three hours, a lil chilled.

You know, they make these things called heaters, right?? Wonderful things they are.

WHERE IS MY SNOW!!!!
    Jedi wants snow like this!!!
    8-foot-snow.jpg

Next to the driveway don't count. That's added from the driveway. In the middle of the yard, that's what counts.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    1985 gas was $1.26.

I started driving in 2000, gas was around a buck, buck twenty. I had a 1975? Cadillac Eldorado with the 500ci V8 at about 4-6 mpg and didn't care. It sounded good, but went nowhere.

You know, they make these things called heaters, right?? Wonderful things they are.

I just wear a quilted flannel and knit hat when I'm downstairs. I'm pretty much not allowed upstairs while wife is home/awake. I have everything I need down here...except hvac.

I would add a few outlets, but the bedrooms are already at the far end of the run, and don't get enough heat in the winter or ac in the summer. My computer, gaming room and fermentation room/beer taps are underneath the bedrooms. Therefore, I can't steal any flow off their feeds.

Someday I'd like a wood burner in the basement. Whether it's a simple cast iron stove, or a gasification (?) unit or a boiler, doesn't matter. For a backup heat source, and a basement heat source, I'd like something someday.

The nice thing is the basement's never warmer than mid 60's in the summer, so I've got a bed down here for that purpose. I can't stand being hot when I sleep.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom