• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    It's by bday, I played golf today, smoked a couple cigars, got to eat cavatelle and gravy with a total of 4 generations of bra medics. That ain't bad.

Also, I'm pleasantly buzzed. Enjoy the weather up there. Florida is just plain hot.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Our big Akita dog got out of the yard because the gate wasn't latched. (NOT MY FAULT)

She's 90+ pounds of fangs and claws if you (or any animal) is insider HER territory. But if one of my family members lets you inside then the dog is just a big lap dog. This dog has destroyed cats, 'coons, rabbits, possums and chased down deer. Oh, and a couple 2 legged folks have had a bad day by testing her.

So naturally when we see the gate is open and she is not inside the house we are concerned for the life and limb of any innocent bystander. AND IT IS DOWNPOURING RAIN OUTSIDE. I go running out the front door, others out the back. I hit the mud because I had 18 yards of topsoil dumped there and slide across the driveway, land flat on my back but am not hurt. Get up and go off around the side toward my workshop calling for the dog. My back is coated in mud, the rest of me is just wet. My sister-in-law is in the back yard going toward the same gate that I am going toward. My wife is in the car and nobody really has a clue where she is going.

:runaway: . :runaway: . :runaway:

I'm calling the dog. My S-I-L is calling the dog. Melen is calling the dog.

The dog pops out from under a thick Mugo Pine, which is RIGHT NEXT TO THE OPEN GATE, she went under the pine and was trying to keep dry and wondered why we were all running around screaming her name! She was confused and didn't understand why we were all calling her but she really hates getting wet and we called her out of her dry spot.

She runs into the gated yard and dashes for the dry house. Me, I'm the last one in and I need the damn towel.

Last edited:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I hope you don't feel that fall later.

Any time one (or more) of ours get out, I grab my keys, my phone, and a couple of leashes, and back the car out. Most of our dogs love riding in the car so much that they will come when they see/hear the car. All except Lorelei, the Shih Tzu. She'll wander and sniff aimlessly, only running when I call her.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Misha has a 'spot' that she claimed, its inside the gated yard but only about 20 feet from the gate. Its also right next to that big Mugo Pine that she hid under when the rain started, but the pine is on the OUTSIDE of the gate.

So from what I can tell, when the rain started, she went out the gate to get under that pine.

Oh, and my back and my elbows are hurting now. And did I mention the rock I dug out of the palm out of my hand?

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Had a great morning fishing with my bud Carl. We caught a few bluegill, I came home, took a nap, had steak for dinner (we'll fry the fish tomorrow). My wife must be a keeper, she didn't kick me out or file for divorce for going fishing on our 29th anniversary.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    happybday.gif
    KLB!

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    Sorry, didn't hit the quote: this was in regard to fathers getting stuck with the college tuition...

Not necessarily. Depends on what is agreed to in the divorce decree and if the wife is making more $$$ , then it may be such that she gets more of the secondary ed... What is also common is to have thirds, ie. father,mother, AND 1/3 the child themselves... How's that for a novel thought...

often same thing happens with insurance but that is a whole subject in itself...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Had a great morning fishing with my bud Carl. We caught a few bluegill, I came home, took a nap, had steak for dinner (we'll fry the fish tomorrow). My wife must be a keeper, she didn't kick me out or file for divorce for going fishing on our 29th anniversary.

1) go check your cc account as 'you' bought her something and just don't know about it
    2) mrs Bill b finally got smart and we are getting a newer bill b model.
    3) revenge is a plate best served cold.... mmmuuuhhhhaaaa

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    1) go check your cc account as 'you' bought her something and just don't know about it
    2) mrs Bill b finally got smart and we are getting a newer bill b model.
    3) revenge is a plate best served cold.... mmmuuuhhhhaaaa
    1a)Actually I bought her something and gave it to here yesterday. She loves lilac bushes and I hate them. So naturally I bought her two lilac bushes.
    1b) We have no joint CC's. If something went on her card, it's her problem.
    2) That would mean I would be able to get a newer model too.
    3) that is most likely.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom