just struggling to live

e7f1MAx.jpg

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Just finished mowing the yard. Now doing my laundry. Then a quick shower and nap. Run out to buy my fishing license and some bait for some catfishin' tonight. Busy day today.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Walked 10 miles in 3 hours and 15 minutes in the hot sun this morning to help raise money for cancer research. That's an overall speed of about 3mph but that also includes stopped off every mile to check in at each station. So the actual walk probably was more on a pace of 3.5mph sustained.

Worst part of the walk was right at the 9.5 mile mark the course exited a neighborhood at the Lowell Dairy Queen. WOW, that was just cruel. If I would have had my wallet with me on the walk I probably wouldn't have finished that last mile. Probably would still be sitting in the cold air conditioning of the DQ slurping down MR MISTY drinks!

My daughter dropped out at mile marker 6. Given that she just had back surgery last summer the fact that she made it 6 miles was pretty darn good.

Caught up to, and then passed, some of the kids from the Lowell Fencing Team at the 7.5 mile mark.

It was a good walk. Couple hundred people showed up to raise money. My wife, sponsor of the event, is still there. Probably will be there for a couple more house until they can confirm that all the walkers are done/accounted for. I know many didn't make all 10 miles in the 88 degree heat. I think there was a big drop out at the 5 mile point.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Good luck, I have been looking for the last two months. What kind of job are you looking for?
    How willing are you to relocate?
    https://up.jobs/
    Railroad Job Vacancies Reported to the RRB
    Rail jobs - railroad employment opportunities.

Job Ref. # 7573
    spacer.gif
    Date Posted : May 29, 2014 Expires on : June 29, 2014
    Department: Marketing & Sales
    Reservations Sales Counselor
    Iowa Pacific Holdings
    118 S. Clinton Street
    Chicago , IL , 60661
    312-348-6087

E-mail : Iowa Pacific Holdings
    One of our companies, The Pullman Sleeping Car Company, part of our Premier Rail Collection Division, operates scheduled departures from Chicago to New Orleans and is known as Pullman Rail Journeys. The addition of service from Chicago to New York will launch this fall and new products will be added over time. A complement of tour package and components are available to our guests to create a full vacation experience. To support this service, we are seeking a highly motivated, customer service orientated team member for our Chicago reservations center to be the first point of contact for customers interested in exploring our unique travel experience. Reporting to the Chief Passenger Agent, the Reservations Sales Counselor will provide prompt, courteous and efficient handling of all requests for train, pre and post hotel and optional tour and event reservations, changes, cancellations and other information.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Hi from Florida. This place is hot, and the swamp is clearly just trying to reclaim the land constantly. I say we let the swamp have it.

That is all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom