• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Criminal rapper SNOOP DOG attended a "NO GUNS ALLOWED" benefit and wants us all to join him.

Just a few tidbits from the DOG's public record rap sheet:
    • 1993 stop for a "traffic violation" in which a firearm was found in this car
    • October 2006 "arrest at Bob Hope Airport in Burbank, California, in possession of marijuana and a firearm"
    • November 2006 arrest for possessing marijuana and a firearm after performing on The Tonight Show.
    He is now projecting himself up as our role model for the NO GUNS ALLOWED campaign?

He even TWEETED about it => https://twitter.com/SnoopDogg/status/472169326985117696

Off to work on this fine Saturday morning. I need a sugar mommy.
    Send your wife to work!

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...flight-caused-it-to-make-an-emergency-landing U.S. AIRWAYS FLIGHT MAKES EMERGENCY LANDING AFTER DOG POOPS IN AISLE . . . TWICE!

Who was it who took a flight?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    God, people need to grow up. "Dry heaving" really? Have they never smelled poop before? Spray some Febreze and keep on going. It does make me question the plane's ventilation system, if it can't efficiently recycle the air in that small a space.

I actually wondered why the dog was allowed to be in the aisle.

We have a little 8 pound Maltese who used to earn Frequent Flyer Miles on trips between Chicago and Albuquerque. He was allowed inside the passenger compartment but under strict conditions. He was REQUIRED to be in a carrier that fit UNDER the seat. SOME flight attendants would allow us to remove him and let him sit in our laps, but some would not and he'd be stuck in his carrier under the seat.

So how did this big Labrador get to roam the aisle?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    It was a service dog. They are allowed everywhere.

AHHH. Missed that part.

We ate dinner with a Service-Dog-in-Training last night in Crown Point. He sat quietly under the table next to us the whole meal. My daughter helped socialize a service dog during her first semester at Wake Forest. Wonderful animals. They are now training miniature horses to be service animals. Apparently horses live 40+ years, while dogs about a dozen.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    That would be awesome about the horses. I wonder how much more difficult the upkeep is on a miniature horse over a dog? (I know next to nothing about keeping horses.)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    There are several walks to help raise money for cancer research today and tomorrow.

There is still time to go out to walk.

For the Lowell event you can preregister here => Walk To End Cancer

Or simply show up at LOWELL HIGH SCHOOL. Lowell has a 10 mile walk this morning.

If you don't live in Lowell, but can get to HANOVER CENTRAL, I believe they are also walking today!!!

And if you can't get to Cedar Lake, then go to CROWN POINT HIGH SCHOOL where they are also having a walk today.

There is also a shorter 3 mile walk in Crown Point on Sunday.

I'm walking in Lowell this morning and probably again in Crown Point tomorrow. I may just end up working the Crown Point event, rumor has it they need some volunteers to work the event. Either way, I'll be there tomorrow.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Recently read an article on how bad the "service animal" thing is getting for the airlines. As usual, a segment of our society is abusing the privilege......

A woman I know on Facebook was being evicted because of her two dogs, and someone told her that all she had to do was send in $15 per dog and a letter from a doctor, and she could get them certified as service dogs for her emotional needs. I don't know if it's true, but I wouldn't be surprised.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Thanks for the videos. The pool table model i had not seen before but have seen other life size models made out on the brick.
    Now i get to spend several hours baby sitting some contractors who are re pulling cables. Sigh

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    A woman I know on Facebook was being evicted because of her two dogs, and someone told her that all she had to do was send in $15 per dog and a letter from a doctor, and she could get them certified as service dogs for her emotional needs. I don't know if it's true, but I wouldn't be surprised.

punch to the face forthcoming to that person I can only hope.
    to clarify, there is a large distinction legally in the ADA code between a service dog and a "therapy" dog.
    you can't get a service dog because you are a mental *****.
    it's because of such people that numerous veterans have been screwed over on having their ptsd therapy dogs with them in public.
    as someone said, a "certain segment" of our society is full of *******s.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    to clarify, there is a large distinction legally in the ADA code between a service dog and a "therapy" dog.
    it's because of such people that numerous veterans have been screwed over on having their ptsd therapy dogs with them in public.
    It is just following the example of handicap placards.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Or to sum it up people just sux.

I read an article last year on how you could "hire" a wheelchair bound person, or get a wheelchair and doctors note so that when you were at Disney you and your family could go to the front of th line.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

She may have actually said therapy dog and I mixed them up. Either way, it's lame. She didn't go ahead with it. She's having someone else keep her dogs while she looks for a place. She just got a job about a month ago, so it's going to be a while before she can get first and last month rent, etc.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom