actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

187x105

Police say Elliot may still be driving the woman’s vehicle in Indiana, according to WXIN. It’s a 2004 red Jeep Liberty with license plate 5FTG55 and Bugs Bunny and Tasmanian Devil decals. He may be heading to Tennessee, according to authorities.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm thinking of getting a tow winch for the Ford Escape.
    Apparently though, not a lot of people do it. So it is limiting my options.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    There is a place on Rt20 between porter and michigan city that sells BBQ as well. The smokehouse is as big or bigger than the dinning area (always a good sign). It's on the north side of the road out in the middle of no and where. I've not eaten there, but it's been there for quite a few years, and folks I work with have raved about it...

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Bombers BBQ.
    439 ridge rd, Munster

great brisket!

I'll have to try them next time I get a craving.

We ended up getting Dickeys, got some shoulder n brisket, a few sides. Wasn't impressed with the sides. Meat was pretty good though. Brisket a little on the dry side but overall good enough I'll go back sometime.

if your willing to drive, bubs bbq in demotte in my opinion is the best around nwi.

I'll drive for good bbq.

But I've sated the craving with Dickeys. Until next time...

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    There is a place on Rt20 between porter and michigan city that sells BBQ as well. The smokehouse is as big or bigger than the dinning area (always a good sign). It's on the north side of the road out in the middle of no and where. I've not eaten there, but it's been there for quite a few years, and folks I work with have raved about it...

The place is called Smokey's. It is good BBQ at a reasonable price.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

A good winch is heavy, unlike a good wench. That said, you may have to upgrade your front suspension. You are changing the weight distribution of your vehicle by putting a heavy weight out in front of the bumper. Don't forget to double check the capacity of your alternator, you may have to upgrade that too.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    anybody ever try big daddys in gary?

Nope, whereabouts?

The place is called Smokey's. It is good BBQ at a reasonable price.

I've seen it before, passed by a few times, haven't been there. Other than my brother in law in Indy, I know nobody else that likes bbq so it's rare that I get it, and I never make any at home.

A good winch is heavy, unlike a good wench. That said, you may have to upgrade your front suspension. You are changing the weight distribution of your vehicle by putting a heavy weight out in front of the bumper. Don't forget to double check the capacity of your alternator, you may have to upgrade that too.

Yeah... dunno that an Escape is built to handle that. Are they even full-frame trucks?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Yeah... dunno that an Escape is built to handle that. Are they even full-frame trucks?
    Pretty sure that putting a winch on an Escape is possible, heck they've been put on Suzuki Samurais. But I'm betting it will be something like an ATV which modded for the uni-body construction Escape. So possible, yes. Plausible, maybe, if its a light enough winch. But then that sort of defeats the purpose of the winch.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0

Pretty sure that putting a winch on an Escape is possible, heck they've been put on Suzuki Samurais. But I'm betting it will be something like an ATV which modded for the uni-body construction Escape. So possible, yes. Plausible, maybe, if its a light enough winch. But then that sort of defeats the purpose of the winch.

Warn Industries - Jeep, Truck & SUV Winches: XD9000i Portable

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Nope, whereabouts?

I've seen it before, passed by a few times, haven't been there. Other than my brother in law in Indy, I know nobody else that likes bbq so it's rare that I get it, and I never make any at home.

No, an Escape is not a truck body. So I have a TOW cap of 3500 lbs.
    And the front hitch is really too low.
    So I'm thinking winch on the back.
    They have cables with quick disconnects, extra charge because of the distance .
    If I have to tow, I'd have to remove winch.
    And I'm looking at the Warn 8000-s. That almost gives me the 2x rating they recommend.
    And since its 650 amps, no alternator can keep up.
    So you need a good battery and/or 2nd good battery.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom