• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I have been hearing stories for a while now about an old road in Griffith that is supposedly haunted. The road is called Reader Road. I think the entrance is somewhere near Colfax Street and the road is about 3 miles long. Somewhere along the road is a cemetery called Ross Cemetery, from what I understand strange things have happened there. I guess legend has it that a young woman in the 50's died in a car accident and her ghost can still be found there till this day. I have heard stories about the chicago mafia dumping bodies there during the great depression, about a dark figured man , a haunted train that runs along the tracks, a black cloud, and white orbs.
    I am thinking about getting some friends together and checking things out for myself. I am trying to get at least 4 other people to come along with a video camera. I think at least two of us will be open carrying just in case something happens.

Just wondering if any of you guys have heard any weird stories about the area. Maybe some ingo members can tag along and we can create an aar haha.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    I have been hearing stories for a while now about an old road in Griffith that is supposedly haunted. The road is called Reader Road. I think the entrance is somewhere near Colfax Street and the road is about 3 miles long. Somewhere along the road is a cemetery called Ross Cemetery, from what I understand strange things have happened there. I guess legend has it that a young woman in the 50's died in a car accident and her ghost can still be found there till this day. I have heard stories about the chicago mafia dumping bodies there during the great depression, about a dark figured man , a haunted train that runs along the tracks, a black cloud, and white orbs.
    I am thinking about getting some friends together and checking things out for myself. I am trying to get at least 4 other people to come along with a video camera. I think at least two of us will be open carrying just in case something happens.

Just wondering if any of you guys have heard any weird stories about the area. Maybe some ingo members can tag along and we can create an aar haha.

If that's a really hilly road I think I know of it. I remember a hilly road with a graveyard on it that's haunted but I think they called it gypsys graveyard. Possibly different :dunno:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Wheee, a new chapter of "Caliber Wars"..... I'll stick with my .357 JHP. If that doesn't work, I guess the ghosties will get me.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Reader Road is part of the Lake County Park system over in Griffith now... Ya there were ghost stories about it and when you could drive on it it was a great place to take the girl friend and park... Everyone was scared of it and so it was real quiet and the girl friend was a bit scared too... make out central for the most part. I use to walk that road all the time and take pictures of deer and turtles and stuff... Never seen any of these so called ghosts though... It is closed at the entry point anymore so the only way to get to it is to take the walking path from the parking lot in the county park and you come out on the road and can take it either direction from there...

Those were the days....

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Reader Rd is nothing. If it's the part I'm thinking we went to all the people who live there call the cops when the see you park and start walking. We walked the entire stretch one night...

I was always a fan of cline and Cudahy Ave, but now that intersection really doesn't exist anymore

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Found this video of sadclown...
    MeagerGranularIberianlynx.gif

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    Reader Road is part of the Lake County Park system over in Griffith now... Ya there were ghost stories about it and when you could drive on it it was a great place to take the girl friend and park... Everyone was scared of it and so it was real quiet and the girl friend was a bit scared too... make out central for the most part. I use to walk that road all the time and take pictures of deer and turtles and stuff... Never seen any of these so called ghosts though... It is closed at the entry point anymore so the only way to get to it is to take the walking path from the parking lot in the county park and you come out on the road and can take it either direction from there...
    Those were the days....

When did it become part of the county's park system?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom