• Status
    Not open for further replies.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Bob let me know how that beer barrel is. Heard great things, but haven't picked up a bottle yet.

Anyone have a heat gun and/or adhesive remover safe on paint? I think I want to debadge the Passat, at least part way....maybe just leave TDI.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    I debadged a vw with a hair dryer and dental floss. Very easy, just be patient. After I was done, hit it with a buffer and it was beautiful.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Bob let me know how that beer barrel is. Heard great things, but haven't picked up a bottle yet.

Anyone have a heat gun and/or adhesive remover safe on paint? I think I want to debadge the Passat, at least part way....maybe just leave TDI.

I have a heat gun.
    Gotta be careful. Its hot.
    Used it to take paint off the house.
    You're welcome to use it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Also. I'm debating storing the old "dinosaur" laptop.
    Storing, because it still has electronic circuit simulator software on, that I don't want to use.
    I can't reinstall, cause I'm no longer a student.
    And I can't see paying all that money for something I'm not making a living out of.

Anyway, I'm kinda a HP fanboy.
    My desktop uses windows 7 professional.

Any opinions on laptops?
    Do I need to go to win 8?
    would it be better, or would I be better off finding win 7?

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Like I said earlier, get a 7 pro, virtualize the old hard drive and run it from the new computer.

Tiger direct.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Also. I'm debating storing the old "dinosaur" laptop.
    Storing, because it still has electronic circuit simulator software on, that I don't want to use.
    I can't reinstall, cause I'm no longer a student.
    And I can't see paying all that money for something I'm not making a living out of.

Anyway, I'm kinda a HP fanboy.
    My desktop uses windows 7 professional.

Any opinions on laptops?
    Do I need to go to win 8?
    would it be better, or would I be better off finding win 7?
    What are you going to use it for?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Had a little last night. A few sips straight up and the remainder of the glass with a single cube of ice.

I preferred it with the ice. Straight up it has a bit of alcohol burn that was all but eliminated by the melting ice. Its easily drinkable on the rocks, opens up the flavor and smooths it out. Nice flavor, but not one I can easily describe. I thought it would be a bit sweeter because of the beer barrel treatment.

aclark said:
    I debadged a vw with a hair dryer and dental floss. Very easy, just be patient. After I was done, hit it with a buffer and it was beautiful.
    I debadged the Jetta with some fishing line and Goo Gone, no heat source added.

Oh that is one fun movie.
    Is that not the one with the pimp and his fishbowl shoes.

In other news ****** newegg just got an email that they have opened a new warehouse in Indy and as such need to collect sales tax now. A******!!!

Bastards. Amazon did that too. (If bastards didn't get bleeped out, can I leave it?)
    Just because they don't collect the tax does not mean the tax is not due.

There is a spot on your state tax form to fill in the amount of taxes owed for out of state purchases you make.

Its called a 'use' tax. It is exactly the same as 'sales' tax, except the obligation to report it falls on the buyer's shoulders and the penalties can be severe.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    People better just get used to paying sales tax. At some point in the not too distant future they will all have to collect it. That of course is in addition to the fact that you already are responsible to pay it on your own now. The .gov wants its money, and you WILL pay.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    What are you going to use it for?

Take over the world.

In reality, a couple games, nothing cutting-edge, Microsoft office, internet.
    It would be nice to run the electronics simulation programs.
    I'd have to figure out how to do the virtual machine thing that was mentioned earlier.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Is anyone interested in shooting competition this year? Steel is a great way to start, as there is no movement and you get three chances for every stage! The shoot this month happens on Saturday at 0900 in Chesterton.

The requirements for these shoots are minimal. You could pull this shoot off with 2 mags easily. The more mags the better.

You will need:
    Handgun
    Mags
    Quality belt
    At least 150 rounds of ammo

This is a great shoot for any level shooter. If you want to shoot this let me know. I can get there early and walk you through the process.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Take over the world.

In reality, a couple games, nothing cutting-edge, Microsoft office, internet.
    It would be nice to run the electronics simulation programs.
    I'd have to figure out how to do the virtual machine thing that was mentioned earlier.
    How much do you want to spend?

I would look at one of their hybrid laptop/tablet PCs.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    How much do you want to spend?

I would look at one of their hybrid laptop/tablet PCs.

Don't really have a dollar amount.
    If I go with the hybrid, aren't I then stuck with win 8? I hate learning a new OS every time I get a new computer. And I'm not a fan of touchscreen computers.

Larry just get an apple air laptop and call it a day.

:xmad:

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Is anyone interested in shooting competition this year? Steel is a great way to start, as there is no movement and you get three chances for every stage! The shoot this month happens on Saturday at 0900 in Chesterton.

The requirements for these shoots are minimal. You could pull this shoot off with 2 mags easily. The more mags the better.

You will need:
    Handgun
    Mags
    Quality belt
    At least 150 rounds of ammo

This is a great shoot for any level shooter. If you want to shoot this let me know. I can get there early and walk you through the process.

Yes, but I can't Saturday. Keep offering when they come up. One of these days I will take you up on it.

Did Jedi...just...apple?

He did, didn't he. :faint:

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI

given advice agreed with - heat gun is risky/too hot.
    People better just get used to paying sales tax. At some point in the not too distant future they will all have to collect it. That of course is in addition to the fact that you already are responsible to pay it on your own now. The .gov wants its money, and you WILL pay.
    Ta-da... oh, those pesky facts.
    fwiw, tigerdirct is cat****direct. good luck with their inferior and refurbished junk.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom