• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    "Dirty old man" it's such a loose relative type of term....

and if he's old what the heck am I ?

PS: Obamacare won't be around very long, it's got a self destruct plan built into it from the get go...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    On the wheels, pretty sure intrepid had 5 lug, 5x114? So can't help you there.

Yes there are 5 lugs on the Intrepid.

I'm already in it too deep. Don't know that I could make a complete career change. Can only really foresee going deeper.

Obamacare won't be around very long, it's got a self destruct plan built into it from the get go...

^This! The liberals have always wanted a single pay .gov controlled system similar to what England/Canada have. That has been/is/will be their goal. They were not able to get that (yet) so ended up settling for OCare for now. OCare will end 10 to 15 years after it started. It was born in 2010 so by Hillary Clinton's end of first term as President (2020) it will be 10 years old and at least 2 years in full effect (all provisions are a go) and everyone will be feeling the real pain. During Hillary's second term OCare will be killed as the people will want it gone in favor of the new "ANH" (American National Healthcare) for everyone. By 2024 ANH should be in full swing Ocare will be a forgotten memory along with the US Medical Indusrty.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Allied Waste Services's truck is stuck, driver appears flustered, engine RPMS climbing. The modest hill coming up to my house was snow packed. The driver, apparently never watched History Channel's ICE ROAD TRUCKERS, instead is spinning his tires and polishing that snow into packed ice. First attempt is a no-go. Reverse and try again. Dogs are cheering him on with their barking as they try to protect the contents of the yet to be picked up cans. Second attempt is worse, tires just spinning on the freshly made ice/snow patch he just wore into the snowpack while slowly climbing the incline. Only to be thwarted by the increasing angle of incline. Back down he goes, hoping in the back of his mind that the '3rd time is a charm' and he makes it out of my neighborhood before he runs out of fuel.

I could watch this all morning.

And if he can't negotiate that small slope soon, I may never make it out of my house as his drama is being played out at the end of my driveway.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    You know if Hillary gets in I'm going to a small island in the Caribbean and calling it home....

The whole healthcare thing could go almost any direction, depending on the outcry from it's enforcement and limited care. The better Doctors and researchers will run for the hills but the real time bomb will be with the masses trying to get decent care and what the outcome is from the federal agents beating people into submission and forcing them to pay into the system. It could get very dicey for all involved...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    You know if Hillary gets in I'm going to a small island in the Caribbean and calling it home....

The whole healthcare thing could go almost any direction, depending on the outcry from it's enforcement and limited care. The better Doctors and researchers will run for the hills but the real time bomb will be with the masses trying to get decent care and what the outcome is from the federal agents beating people into submission and forcing them to pay into the system. It could get very dicey for all involved...
    Look to other nations for our future.

In Canada or the UK or Sweden, nations heralded as having premier single payer systems, the wait times for treatment are exponentially longer than here in the US. There are, in fact, more CAT Scan machines in the city of Chicago than in the entire nation of Canada. Cancers that have greater than a 90% remission and recovery rate here in the US are often considered fatal in the UK because treatment is delayed. In each of these nations the rich buy insurance policies despite the "free" state provided healthcare, and the insurance policies allow the insured to bypass the waiting lines and skip to the front of the line. Many also fly to the US for treatment or hold additional insurance policies for US hospital care.

My sister lives in London, she flys to New York to see a doctor despite the fact that she gets "free" care in the UK. But how many people in the UK can afford that?

It will end up the same way here. A few elite hospitals will remain. They will take insurance policies that cater to wealthy people to leapfrog those patients to the front of the lines. The rest will languish in long lines and die from treatable disease. But they get their "free" healthcare by paying nearly DOUBLE for their groceries and blue jeans and every day essentials via a V.A.T. tax that adds roughly 21% to the cost of goods driving up the cost of eggs to $4 per 1/2 dozen and Levi's to $50 a pair. Dress shirts at $75 to $125 per shirt, yup those are "normal" prices.

We've seen the future. It is Europe.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Unfortunately you are probably correct... except for the human nature thing...

When one is faced with certain death from lack of treatment, one normally finds a way to get treatment. Their method may not be consistent with normal actions of those individuals and will most definitely not take into consideration the effect on others...

A nasty situation brought to us by our own gov ineptness.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @melensdad
    get out there with your tractor and help push/pull that smelly truck out of the way.
    :)

@gb
    the american people will not rise against 'anh'. they will cheer it on as their salvation from ocare. 2 generations from now when we are very old out grandkids will only know via stories what health care was like before. the war is lost unless china nukes our metro areas.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Unfortunately you are probably correct... except for the human nature thing...

When one is faced with certain death from lack of treatment, one normally finds a way to get treatment. Their method may not be consistent with normal actions of those individuals and will most definitely not take into consideration the effect on others...

A nasty situation brought to us by our own gov ineptness.

....except for the human nature thing?

But what I have described is exactly what is happening today in the rest of the 'civilized' world.

People wait so long for care that they die.

They don't revolt against an inept system.

They thank their leader for granting them the right of getting a meager pittance of free healthcare.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    ya...... but all I got to say is that's there and this is here...

We are Americans, and we do things a bit different.... atleast 2 % of us do that is...

Explanation to my statement of Human Nature :

Human nature is the need or sense in-breaded in our being to survive or over come all that is put in front of us regardless of what we on a individual basis have to do to accomplish it. This is why I believe that Human Nature makes us survive but also can lead us to the dark side of the same. In the end we are looking to get that medication, or treatment or gas or food or whatever item we are in need of.... We will get it in whatever means or ways we need too regardless of what happens to others in our quest.... Human Nature is the ultimate survival sense but it comes with baggage....

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I'd love to put my hands on one and give it a try. The 9mm version of the gun has been out for about a year(?) and its an interesting design that is supposed to offer some advantages.

Longer barrel in a smaller package = higher velocity than other comparably sized handguns = better handgun bullet performance.
    Action is supposed to mitigate some recoil compared to the more established systems.

Downside is that it, as noted, can pull the bullets out of the cartridge. They specifically warn that bullets must be tightly crimped. But there are other guns in the market that are pretty bullet specific. The little Seecamps are designed to work flawlessly . . . if only you use Winchester SilverTips. So as a defensive pistol, with the proper ammo, I see upsides to the gun, with limited downsides.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I'd love to put my hands on one and give it a try. The 9mm version of the gun has been out for about a year(?) and its an interesting design that is supposed to offer some advantages.

Longer barrel in a smaller package = higher velocity than other comparably sized handguns = better handgun bullet performance.
    Action is supposed to mitigate some recoil compared to the more established systems.

Downside is that it, as noted, can pull the bullets out of the cartridge. They specifically warn that bullets must be tightly crimped. But there are other guns in the market that are pretty bullet specific. The little Seecamps are designed to work flawlessly . . . if only you use Winchester SilverTips. So as a defensive pistol, with the proper ammo, I see upsides to the gun, with limited downsides.

But how long will they last? I just see the loading mechanism, being a part that moves not unlike an extractor, what happens when it breaks?

I just don't see enough people buying them to keep production alive, for parts when it eventually does break.

Maybe I can't argue that as I'd like a Kimber Solo

Suppose that's not really consideration for a gun that won't get shot enough to wear out.

The ammo preference isn't a consideration, like you said several guns run like this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom