Not open for further replies.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    I ain't buying you :poop:

Unless, you get a full size tank, that runs, and supply all fuel, ammunition, maintenance etc required for it; AND I get to drive it to Chicago :puke: daily to get to work. Then, and only then I will buy the Ghostbusters LEGOs set for you.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Unless, you get a full size tank, that runs, and supply all fuel, ammunition, maintenance etc required for it; AND I get to drive it to Chicago :puke: daily to get to work. Then, and only then I will buy the Ghostbusters LEGOs set for you.

:nono: jedi does not want for you to buy him sh***. he wants the LEGO ghostbuster set.
    learn to read gg!

now as for your tank you would not like it since my tank would be PPPPIIIIINNNNKKKKKKK

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Well. Saw the doc today and sure enough I tore the cartilage on the inside of my right knee. Hi was going to look at the MRI closer and then schedule me for surgery to take care of it as well as clean out the bone chips floating around in my knee. As soon as I find out when I'll let folks know.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Well. Saw the doc today and sure enough I tore the cartilage on the inside of my right knee. Hi was going to look at the MRI closer and then schedule me for surgery to take care of it as well as clean out the bone chips floating around in my knee. As soon as I find out when I'll let folks know.

Best of luck to you and the LadyGhost.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Did someone say tank.... I've got a M60A3 available.... or the more fuel efficient M113 APC.... Just saying...

PS with my accident today I have decided I have made a good decision to get the Suburban I now own as after the accident I went on my way and the other person had to go to the body shop right away...

Still very upset about her parking her car behind mine just in time for me to back out though... Looking through cameras tonight to get a look at my back end now on...

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    :facepalm:
    a few hrs 2 late gg already posted that news.
    so are you gonna buy it for me or is gg still on the hook for that one?
    :)

I aint buyin nothin for nobody.

On a semi unrelated post... I have 13 days to decide if I want to re-enter the soul-sucking realm of academia. I.E. my application for graduate studies is due Feb 12 and I can't decide if I'm ready or not. Thing is, I'll have to cut back on work which will make bills quite tight. BUT, after 3 years investment, given that I can land employment, I nearly double base salary and could actually get by on 40hrs or less a week instead of the 60+ a week I do now.

It was a lot easier living on ramen noodles and wonderbread loaves when I was single. Wife and child are the primary reason I'm debating this.

Also, this would be a stopgap measure, to get licensed while the requirements are low. I can be a nurse practitioner after only another 3.5 years of school (part time) making my total investment less than 9 years of education. Ultimately I would like my Doctorate, not necessarily for the doctorate, but because I would like to do anesthesia. There's been a push to change the entry requirement to NP to the doctorate level, but it hasn't happened but at a few universities. Currently the DNP is required only for anesthesia, and that's new as of 2013 at many universities. I could obtain my DNP in 3.5 years if I could afford to go full time. Which, I can't currently. So my thought is maybe go for masters, be poor again for a few years, then work and try to earn as much as possible so I can then quit working and get my doctorate before I'm 50.

So... I'm kinda torn. I'm fairly comfortable as long as I maintain a 60hr/week schedule. When we're slow, I might only work 36 hours and have 4 days off in a week. That's awfully nice.... So, ultimately I'd like to be able to maintain the latter, but that's really not attainable on a bachelors educated RN position without going into sales/med rep etc. I'm no salesman. I'm not a "people person" people don't tend to like me off the bat. Therefore, my only option within my profession is higher education. I trained the medical staff for the change to electronic medical records, and that paid very well but the position vaporized rapidly and I returned to my current position. I interviewed with the parent company to see about travelling and training, but they said they wanted me in sales because of my knowledge of the system, but I really am not comfortable doing that (I've tried sales, in a different field) because I'm not the type of person people like off the bat, it takes some getting used to - therefore sales isn't my forte.

So, I've got a few options. One (and probably the most realistic) delay grad school another year. Two, apply and attend, live as cheaply as possible for the next 4 years in the hopes the subsequent years will be better (conditional upon employment). Three, wait until I'm more square on my feet and can go straight for the doctorate, which will require either huge amounts of liquid assets (10+ years savings), or selling of all tangible goods and living in a van.

I'm just not quite sold one way or the other. I'll probably just skip it and have the same crisis of conflict next February...

/ramblings for the evening.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0

183838-171198-tank-girl.jpg
    :dunno:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi what rim/tire you need? I'm in bed on my phone don't want to dig.

:rofl: you know you are going to get made fun of asking Jedi a car question by the rest of the gan right?
    Jedi has no clue. Jedi has a 1997 dodge intrepid 2.2l engine. no idea on tire or rim size rigth now would have to look when i get bck home.

as for you medical/education rant. hum... are you sure going into anything medical is worth it?
    obamacare is now here to stay (temp) up next in under 10yrs will be a single pay .gov system.
    can you live with that?

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    :rofl: you know you are going to get made fun of asking Jedi a car question by the rest of the gan right?
    Jedi has no clue. Jedi has a 1997 dodge intrepid 2.2l engine. no idea on tire or rim size rigth now would have to look when i get bck home.

as for you medical/education rant. hum... are you sure going into anything medical is worth it?
    obamacare is now here to stay (temp) up next in under 10yrs will be a single pay .gov system.
    can you live with that?

I'm already in it too deep. Don't know that I could make a complete career change. Can only really foresee going deeper.

On the wheels, pretty sure intrepid had 5 lug, 5x114? So can't help you there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom