• Status
    Not open for further replies.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Hope the sump pump switch holds out. No concern with the pump, it's a 1 yr old Zoeller, but it's cycling every 10 seconds. Water is just pouring in. I've got a backup pump, a second overflow pit with backup pump, and a battery backup on the backup pump as well as a backup battery operated backup pump mounted on the primary pump.

But I'm still scared of flooding... lost too much, twice. If/when I move again, it will be to a property at the top of a large hill. Or I'll build a large hill. Bought this house with 4' of water in the basement, figured once I rebuilt the block walls and installed drain tile, regraded the yard, I'd be fine. Regraded the yard, installed drain tile, but the sheer quantity of water that gets funneled through my sump pit is unbelievable. I think whenever I get around to installing a septic field, I'm going to cut a trench and put in a tile from the foundation to the ditch that's 5' down from the footings and 50' out. Should reduce the load on my pumps.

I worked nights last night and I'm on days tomorrow, really should be sleeping but the water and the pump are keeping me awake.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Hope the sump pump switch holds out. No concern with the pump, it's a 1 yr old Zoeller, but it's cycling every 10 seconds. Water is just pouring in. I've got a backup pump, a second overflow pit with backup pump, and a battery backup on the backup pump as well as a backup battery operated backup pump mounted on the primary pump.

But I'm still scared of flooding... lost too much, twice. If/when I move again, it will be to a property at the top of a large hill. Or I'll build a large hill. Bought this house with 4' of water in the basement, figured once I rebuilt the block walls and installed drain tile, regraded the yard, I'd be fine. Regraded the yard, installed drain tile, but the sheer quantity of water that gets funneled through my sump pit is unbelievable. I think whenever I get around to installing a septic field, I'm going to cut a trench and put in a tile from the foundation to the ditch that's 5' down from the footings and 50' out. Should reduce the load on my pumps.

I worked nights last night and I'm on days tomorrow, really should be sleeping but the water and the pump are keeping me awake.

Sounds like a subdivision in Lowell behind the old Snell chevy dealer, Navaho something and a crew would strip the wall panels on Friday and I would go on Monday to pick up the panel baskets with at least two foot of water in the hole. Bet the sump pumps ran forever there.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Sounds like a subdivision in Lowell behind the old Snell chevy dealer, Navaho something and a crew would strip the wall panels on Friday and I would go on Monday to pick up the panel baskets with at least two foot of water in the hole. Bet the sump pumps ran forever there.

My old (former) guitar teacher lives in that subdivision.

Hey, Chef Larry, answer me this? Why do they fill potholes with that loose stuff that just gets knocked out of the hole the first day? Why don't they tamp it down or something?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    My old (former) guitar teacher lives in that subdivision.

Hey, Chef Larry, answer me this? Why do they fill potholes with that loose stuff that just gets knocked out of the hole the first day? Why don't they tamp it down or something?
    .gov worker or contractor need to extended works as much as possible. Hehehe...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Hope the sump pump switch holds out. . .

Build ON TOP of hills and never worry about flooding . . . unless you see a Ark full of animals floating nearby!

Its almost 60' of elevation drop from my front door down to West Creek behind my field.

INDIAN HEIGHTS

dcat91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Paradise
    So my girlfriend is hinting that since she's agreed to go shooting with me, shed like to go horseback riding. Anyone know of any places around nwi that does lessons or whatever? My googlefu is lacking on this one

RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    So my girlfriend is hinting that since she's agreed to go shooting with me, shed like to go horseback riding. Anyone know of any places around nwi that does lessons or whatever? My googlefu is lacking on this one

You can do a different type of drive by shooting across the state line, its called a ride by . . . Glenwood/CHGO Heights Illinois => Horse & Pony Riding Ranch | Chicago Heights, IL.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    He got banned and then right away created another username and started posting in the same thread, complaining about the "silly mods". I'm not convinced that he is SNS, but I know that Hawkins and the new identity were the same person... (can't remember the new name... it's in the thread about "that thread was full of delicious" or something like that.)

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I liked the beginning where he said he was a felon, then on a later post said he had an arsenal, tons of ammo, and body armor.
    :facepalm:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom