t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    oharel.jpg
    [/QUOTE]. Words heard from the control room right before the crash...." Here, hold my beer"

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Not just jumped the tracks. The train wanted to get onto a flight at O'hare. It jumped off the track, onto the airport terminal and up the escalators as well. Think of the scene from Die Hard and that is what the pictures look like. 30+ hurt but no deaths. Inital report says the train was coming in too fast at 2:30AM.

Also the red line has an accident this moring as well. But not sure what the issue is.

The idea was to keep an extra jack in the car/minivan should I ever have to change the tire again. Both cars have the std. scissor jacks that they came with. I recenlty bought better hardware for each vehicle.
    Lug wrench - X type
    Lug wrench - std (better than the small thing that came with each vehicle)
    Headlamp
    Road side triangles
    Yellow reflective vest
    Orange becon light
    flares

I already had in each vehicle
    flashlight
    spare tire
    scissor jack
    portable/collasple lug wrench

The bottle jack was/is just a backup to the scissor jack since it's smaller/compact and will fit easily in the vehicles. The ones you talk about are a bit bulk for emo uses. I could see them being used in the garage along with the floor jack but I doubt I ever need them. If I have to use the floor jack then it's time for the car to go to the mechanic. I'm not interested in doing whatever it is that the car thinks it needs done. My time is better spent elsewhere.

Use your scissor jack to lift the vehicle and one of these to support it/ for safety:
    6126xURI-%2BL._SL1500_.jpg

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    KLB. I think you need to have a better way of changing the posts.
    I'm open to suggestions. This will be the first replacement posts for the plywood. If people were more thoughtful and didn't put their targets on top of the posts, it would still be good.

The 2x4 for the torso takes a beating. Then again, they have been shot to hell in the past too. I am going to try to keep them lower so that the target covers the wood this time.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I'm open to suggestions. This will be the first replacement posts for the plywood. If people were more thoughtful and didn't put their targets on top of the posts, it would still be good.

The 2x4 for the torso takes a beating. Then again, they have been shot to hell in the past too. I am going to try to keep them lower so that the target covers the wood this time.

Can you go over to White lumber (219) 759-2592 off 149 and west on 500 North to see about rough cut oak 4X4's to hold up better in the weather?

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0

LTL Home Products 24 in. Grey Groundmaster Post System-GM-24 at The Home Depot

They also have a 30" model.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I use the jack that came with the car. If it breaks and damages the rotor or something, they're paying for it.

I really doubt they will.
    And I'd be more worried about hands and fingers.
    But, usually I save jack stands for rotating tires, or where I'm under the car.

Let me know if you find a pace to shoot at, these things have been sitting at my parents house for like 7 or 8 years. They gotta leave.

I'd just find a electronics recycle place.
    I have an old CRT TV I need to get rid of.

Something in the ground to hold the posts. Then you'd just pull it out and put the next one in. Pipe or something.
    It would have to go a little over ground level to keep it from filling with dirt.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I use the jack that came with the car. If it breaks and damages the rotor or something, they're paying for it.

Let me know if you find a pace to shoot at, these things have been sitting at my parents house for like 7 or 8 years. They gotta leave.

Those will keep the wood out of the ground away from rot and moisture for a longer life with the wood.

That looks good.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    extra w2 a month and a half late after already filing. had to give some money back..
    wtf is wrong with the jack the car came with? don't have it? goto the bone yard and get one for 10 bucks. jeeze...

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Those will keep the wood out of the ground away from rot and moisture for a longer life with the wood.
    The life of the wood is not dependent upon weather, but rather by how much it gets shot.

Oak 4x4s would probably hold up better than the posts I am currently using, but I already have them.

The Post System might work, but I would worry about it taking hits from bullets and about them breaking from the posts and/or targets taking hits. I had one for my mailbox once and it ended up breaking from the wobble of the mailbox in the wind. I might have to try one for one of the torsos at least.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    So I've got some M&P40 15 rd mags I wanna put on GunBroker but I think I cant ship to certain States due to the capacity. How do I obtain which states are legal to sell these to?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom