Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So we stumbled upon an ad on craigslist for a free dog in Chicago. We were not looking for a do of our own, but felt the need to go save this dog from its situation...it was being left in a house that was in foreclosure in a room alone. Its a Boston Terrier and seems to be a very nice dog. We planned on basicly fostering him until we could find a suitable home for him. But were starting to really fall in love with him. The problem is that we are not pet or dog people and don't have much for supplies. If any one has any thing that could help us I would appreciate it.

I have to check, but I think I have a medium dog crate. Like this.
    do21797.jpg

I'd have to check the garage.
    They're very useful for training.
    Also, it's like the dog has his own cave to go to.

Don't get him a lot of toys. If he can chew a bunch of stuff, he starts to think he can chew everything. I kept a toy, and a rope for my dog. He could only chew those.

Other than that.
    You'll need leash (I use a "leader" type).
    Nametag with address and phone number.
    DO NOT attach leash to collar with nametag. If he pulls and the collar comes loose, he won't have a nametag. I had a collar for the tag, then the "leader" to attach to his face (muzzle) to keep him from pulling.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    soooo a Glock 26 followed me home today...My wallet feels somewhat lighter too... its weird...
    anybody else have this problem?

:laugh:
    So is your life back to a dull roar or is Alex helping you spend all your money? If he went to Blythe's he would have been Sadclowned, what would he get at Westforth's ?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Congratulations, Cyprant. :) Dollar tree has leashes, collars, and toys. Costco has decent food (Kirkland brand) for fairly cheap, if you know someone with a membership. My vet, Dr. McPheron, in Crown Point is reasonable. He's in The Pointe strip mall near the government complex. And here's a Boston Terrier Forum if you have specific questions. Boston Terrier Forums

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, I didn't get the locks changed.
    I had to go to Menards and Sears.
    then I got dinner.
    By the time I got back, too late.

So I went to trim the beard down and go for the trim mutton chop look.
    06-friendlymuttonchops.jpg

I was almost done, then

OOPs.

Now I'm back to just a moustache.

Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    Serious question.... Didn't you used to be a S&W MP fan? What changed your mind?

I like and own both. Is everyone else firmly in one camp or the other?

I do too. Not trying to insult his choice of weapons by any means. I hope it didn't come out like that.

Actually, I think he has very good taste in weapons. He owns a sweet AR that I've had the pleasure to shoot.

Not how I took it. I've just been curious about that question since it does seem lots are pretty loyal to one or the other.

@baddyna
    No worries. I didn't take it the wrong way at all.
    I knew exactly what you meant.
    Well to be honest I like both the M&Ps and the GLOCKs.
    To say that I didn't enjoy my M&P would be a complete and total lie.
    I started out wanting to all the 9mm versions of both.

A buddy of mine let me borrow his g17 and g19 for a couple weeks about a month ago.
    I shot the snot out of those pistols.
    I realized after about 2 thousand rounds of close comparison between my M&P9 and the Glocks, that I shot better than with the Glocks.
    I also like the more simple take down of the Glock as well.
    I like how from the factory, you really don't have to do anything to a Glock, unless you absolutely want to.
    With the M&P the factory trigger leaves a lot to be desired. It was super gritty.
    I tried using froglube (good stuff) to see if it would smooth it out, but I ended up having to buy a lot of aftermarket parts to get it to where I liked it.

This may not be the case for everybody and YMMV, but such was the case with me.
    Ultimately, I enjoy shooting the Glocks more.
    The Glock feels more comfortable in my hand, and the Glock is stupid simple, even when you go to a detail strip.
    After the last two months, I have really come to like the Glocks. I still have future plans on getting an M&P PRO CORE. However that is on the bottom of my list, and might actually never happen to be honest.
    I will be picking up a G17 and a G19 within the next few weeks.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    @ Cyprant--Also, when spring comes, instead of Frontline or some other expensive toxic crap, you might want to try Brewer's Yeast and Garlic tablets. I've been giving them to our four dogs for about three years, and we have not had a single flea. Frontline is $15 a month and made from toxic chemicals. Brewer's Yeast and Garlic is no more than a couple bucks a month.

Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    So is your life back to a dull roar or is Alex helping you spend all your money? If he went to Blythe's he would have been Sadclowned, what would he get at Westforth's ?

Alex is helping me spend. It is all his fault! lol

I actually happend to be in Westforth, while a guy was looking at my old M&P in the display.
    I ended up explaining everything about it to him and he bought it.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Alex is helping me spend. It is all his fault! lol

I actually happend to be in Westforth, while a guy was looking at my old M&P in the display.
    I ended up explaining everything about it to him and he bought it.
    Let me get this straight. you trade your M&P for a Glock 34 and see someone looking at your old M&P in the case being sold and you buy a Glock 26. Youngster with money burning a big hole in your pocket.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Are we still doing the inappropriate jokes? My father's a OTR truck driver, aka an endless source of jokes of all kind.

What did Cinderella say when she got to the ball?

*gggaahhhhkkkkcccchhhh* (insert gagging noise)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom