• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Thanks for the replies gents but really got my heart set on trying a solo in 9mm to replace my edc walther pps looking for something slim and easily concealable I'm a toothpick skinny guy and any bulges stick out fairly obvious well at least to me. I might just have to gamble and buy one...

You could always just put on 30 pounds or so. That would make concealment a bit easier:popcorn:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Is 11 ounces really that noticable? I'm thinking of selling my Taurus 709slim (9mm) and buying a 1911 (45) w/ a 4" Barrel. The weight difference is only 11 ounces! I don't know what to do! :scratch:

11oz is huge! Over half a pound, a great belt will make the difference if you wanna go up in weight. Can't argue with going to a 1911 tho. Maybe a 3"?
    Kevin, quoted for truth!

And while we've had long discussions on INGO about the real value of a "true gun belt" its amazing to me that so many people just go out and buy a 'thick dress belt' and think they have done the right thing. HOW WRONG THEY ARE. There are no similarities to a dress belt, other than the finish, between a real 'gun belt' and a 'thick dress belt.' The dress belt, no matter how thick it looks in the store, will sag and pull at your side in very short order.

A gun belt doesn't even have to be as thick as some of the thick dress belts or Carhartt casual belts that I've seen. The secret to a gun belt is that very thin layer of reinforcement they put between the leather layers. That rigid plastic (?) layer distributes the weight of the gun AROUND your entire waist, insead of allowing the gun to sag at one point at your hip. The comfort of a gun belt cannot be understated. No more adjusting your pants, no more tugging on your side or your clothes, no more adjusting yourself.

A real gun belt allows you to carry a 3# all steel 1911 in comfort all day long. And anything that weighs less is totally unnoticeable after a long hot day of carrying.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Kevin, quoted for truth!

And while we've had long discussions on INGO about the real value of a "true gun belt" its amazing to me that so many people just go out and buy a 'thick dress belt' and think they have done the right thing. HOW WRONG THEY ARE. There are no similarities to a dress belt, other than the finish, between a real 'gun belt' and a 'thick dress belt.' The dress belt, no matter how thick it looks in the store, will sag and pull at your side in very short order.

A gun belt doesn't even have to be as thick as some of the thick dress belts or Carhartt casual belts that I've seen. The secret to a gun belt is that very thin layer of reinforcement they put between the leather layers. That rigid plastic (?) layer distributes the weight of the gun AROUND your entire waist, insead of allowing the gun to sag at one point at your hip. The comfort of a gun belt cannot be understated. No more adjusting your pants, no more tugging on your side or your clothes, no more adjusting yourself.

A real gun belt allows you to carry a 3# all steel 1911 in comfort all day long. And anything that weighs less is totally unnoticeable after a long hot day of carrying.

You may still have to "adjust yourself," just not your gun.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    You may still have to "adjust yourself," just not your gun.
    But if you do it more than 2x, you're playing with yourself! :laugh:

Thanks bob for explaining that in detail :+1:

I'm just not sure if I wanna sell my 9mm and ammo to help fund a 1911!
    Reason being, cheaper to shoot, or just suck it up and pay more for ammo and have what I want!

thoroughbred

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    My houseboat on Lake Michigan
    If you ditch the PPS, let me know, I've got three buddies that love mine, but won't buy for the insane price on em new.

Only reason of me getting rid of it is I might trade it to my father.

If you don't mind my asking, what holster/belt set up are you using? Sometimes, the problem lies elsewhere in the carry package (besides the gun).

I run it with several belts and a raven phantom and a raven acr, I have no problems carrying it. I like it I just like the .308 Lmt my dad is selling much more!:ar15:
    You could always just put on 30 pounds or so. That would make concealment a bit easier:popcorn:

Not happening I'm a fitness freak

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, I turned on the heater so I could figure it out.
    But it worked.
    I didn't do anything other than leave it off for a couple days.
    Whatever happened, must have reset.

thoroughbred

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    My houseboat on Lake Michigan

Benelli if he can afford it!!!

Any of them a proper gunbelt?

Yep, an ares gear ranger belt, I also preordered an aegis belt, an osoe cobra belt I got from nwi ingo's own raitekk (he hooked me up), a maxpedition liger belt, and an old leather one I don't really use and not sure who it was made by...plus the pps is light enough to wear with a couple of my normal leather belts that are more quality. Especially if I'm going out real quick and don't want to have to change setups.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom