• Status
    Not open for further replies.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Ah, Dan's Facebook post makes sense now. Sorry man, that sucks. If you need a drinking buddy, ring me up.

Only half joking on that last part.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Oh WD see asainseed.....
    japanese-girl-with-gun.jpg

;)

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Oh WD see asainseed.....
    japanese-girl-with-gun.jpg

;)

You need help ... :rolleyes:

ON A DIFFERENT NOTE:

Facebook users ... I just saw these two posts on a friends page. I'm going to copy and paste both of these on my page. Any thoughts? Anyone do this already?

As of October 14, 2013 at 5:50pm Eastern standard time, I do not give Facebook or any entities associated with Facebook permission to use my pictures, information, or posts, both past and future. By this statement, ...I give notice to Facebook it is strictly forbidden to disclose, copy, distribute, or take any other action against me based on this profile and/or its contents. The content of this profile is private and confidential information. The violation of privacy can be punished by law (UCC 1-308- 1 1 308-103 and the Rome Statute). NOTE: Facebook is now a public entity. All members must post a note like this. If you prefer, you can copy and paste this version. If you do not publish a statement at least once it will be tactically allowing the use of your photos, as well as the information contained in the profile status updates. DO NOT SHARE. You MUST copy AND paste.

You may not know that Facebook has changed its privacy configuration once again. Thanks to the new “Graphic app”, any person on FB anywhere in the world can see our photos, our “likes” and our “comments”. During the next two weeks, I am going to keep this message posted and I ask you to do the following and comment “DONE”. I want to be able to publish photos of my friends and family without strangers being able to see them, which is what happens now when you choose “like” or “comment”. Unfortunately we cannot change this configuration because FB has made it like this.
    1. So, please, place your cursor over my photo that appears in this box (without clicking) and a window will open.
    2. Now move the cursor to the word “Friends”, again without clicking and then on “Settings”.
    3. Un-check “Life Events” and “Comments and Like”. This way my activity with my family and friends will no longer be made public.
    4. Now, copy and paste this text on your own wall (do not “share” it!). Once I see it published on your page, I will un-check the same

It's almost time to dump FB.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Those posts won't do anything. You agree to their terms by using their website.

Yeah ... probably ... for that first one. I don't see how that would stop FB from using anything you've posted.

... but that second one is a pain since you have to do it for everyone of your FB friends to control access.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Note carbon monoxide detectors have a LIMITED life span and MUST be replaced. Plan on every 5 to 7 years but Jedi can't recall the exact time frame.

Every five years is the limit for carbon monoxide and fire/ smoke detectors. With the time change coming up, don't forget to change the batteries in all your detectors and if not sure how old they are, get new ones.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    The best CO detectors are the ones with a digital readout. I use Nighthawk CO alarms in my house (the plug-in type with battery back-up). The ones without a readout (typically the ceiling mounted round ones) are the ones that "go bad." The CO has a cumulative effect on the sensor and one day it goes off for seemingly no reason when in actuality it was five years worth of grandma lighting that candle in the corner of the room every night.

The digital readout detectors should also be changed every couple years to be safe. Their biggest advantage is that they can be reset and you eliminate the false alarms from cumulative effect.

While we're at it, I only use dual sensor smoke alarms for my house (photoelectric and ionization).

If you are using a generator for emergency power, you should make sure you have a splitter somewhere along the way that is dedicated to your digital readout, plug-in, battery backed up CO detector. Make sure the CO alarm is in the immediate vicinity of all the occupants (You guys do know that you don't spread out the family throughout the house during a power outage, right?). Obviously, it will alert you to increased CO levels but it will also sound an audible tone alarm when power is lost ... generator out of fuel or someone is attempting to remove your generator.

You need to install the CO detector near the floor, as CO is heavier than air and will settle there.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Every five years is the limit for carbon monoxide and fire/ smoke detectors. With the time change coming up, don't forget to change the batteries in all your detectors and if not sure how old they are, get new ones.

You need to install the CO detector near the floor, as CO is heavier than air and will settle there.

When you buy a new smoke detector or CO detector, write the date that the detector should be changed, with marker on the battery door.

You are thinking of CO2, which has a s.g. of 1.5189
    CO detectors should be placed at the level you spend the most time breathing. They have a s.g. of 0.9667, which is pretty much neutral.
    Gases - Specific Gravities
    That means CO will mostly stay in a pocket.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009

Sorry, that is incorrect. CO is not heavier than air. It is only slightly lighter than air (about 3% lighter in pure form). It is so close that other factors are more important in the distribution within a room (thermal convection and air currents for example). CO mixes well within a room unless it is introduced at the top of the room that has no air currents ... even then it will eventually reach an even concentration. Detector placement should take into account factors such as foot traffic and keeping it clean (from the First Alert FAQ).

ADDED: What Actaeon277 said.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    10 years of calibrating/fixing MINICOs (industrial portable CO detectors).
    15 years of calibrating/fixing stationary industrial CO detectors.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Wow, life is just how I imagined it years ago.

lower back pain - check.
    right shoulder/arm pain & numbness - check.
    migraine - check
    puking and pooping - check.
    furnace not working - check.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Something strange happened today.... I looked at a Glock 19 and another one not sure what model in 357 SIG...

but at-last I left and got lots of soap and water afterwords...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom