• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    House couple of guns car truck tools....lots of tools etc. But Im 99% positive the only thing as of now shes going to try and get is guns and my son.

I also have trusted friends out of state if you wanted to sell them through an ffl, get the of the state/court's jurisdiction and buy them back later when dust settles.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    So lets see we have

actaeon277 with a bad disc in his back
    koutusevil in bike accident all **k up!
    Clif45 with ironman boots due to foot surgery
    :whistle: with torn muscle legs due to work accident
    lonehoosier with a messed up ankle
    medic6882 with :dunno:

I think there are 2 more missing from the list

--edit--
    added lone
    You'll be added to this list soon, little pink one. :boxing:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    First of all Dan, any divorce lawyer worth his salt is going to be looking at your online "footprint". So making offers to have someone hold your guns will be noticed.

Retain a lawyer.
    Listen to him.
    Follow his advice.

Do not get drunk and yell at her.
    Do not "stalk" her.
    Do nothing that will make you look anything other than the peaceful normal guy you are.

Why not meet some of the other divorced dads at the lounge sometime. And don't discuss things on an open forum.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    First of all Dan, any divorce lawyer worth his salt is going to be looking at your online "footprint". So making offers to have someone hold your guns will be noticed.

Retain a lawyer.
    Listen to him.
    Follow his advice.

Do not "stalk" her.
    Do nothing that will make you look anything other than the peaceful normal guy you are.

Why not meet some of the other divorced dads at the lounge sometime. And don't discuss things on an open forum.

Winner! Winner! Chicken dinner!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

Retain a lawyer.
    Listen to him.
    Follow his advice.

Do not "stalk" her.

I can't control who else shows up, but I can tell you that if the 'INGO divorced men's group' wants to meet at the cigar lounge you are very welcome to do so. Mornings are probably a bad time, we have a regular group of guys who show up nearly every morning. Thursdays are generally a bad time, we have events about every-other Thursday, plus its a day when we seem to draw people.

But from about 3pm to about 6pm the lounge usually is pretty empty, that is sort of the time when we don't have customers sitting in the lounge most any day (its commuter time/sports on TV are non-existent/dinner time at home/etc). I do have a divorced 'regular' who comes in on his off schedule days, he may literally sit there for 8+ hours, depending on the day, but being divorced, he may have something to add that can help you out.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    The best CO detectors are the ones with a digital readout. I use Nighthawk CO alarms in my house (the plug-in type with battery back-up). The ones without a readout (typically the ceiling mounted round ones) are the ones that "go bad." The CO has a cumulative effect on the sensor and one day it goes off for seemingly no reason when in actuality it was five years worth of grandma lighting that candle in the corner of the room every night.

The digital readout detectors should also be changed every couple years to be safe. Their biggest advantage is that they can be reset and you eliminate the false alarms from cumulative effect.

While we're at it, I only use dual sensor smoke alarms for my house (photoelectric and ionization).

If you are using a generator for emergency power, you should make sure you have a splitter somewhere along the way that is dedicated to your digital readout, plug-in, battery backed up CO detector. Make sure the CO alarm is in the immediate vicinity of all the occupants (You guys do know that you don't spread out the family throughout the house during a power outage, right?). Obviously, it will alert you to increased CO levels but it will also sound an audible tone alarm when power is lost ... generator out of fuel or someone is attempting to remove your generator.

Last edited:

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    What is Jedi do in Portage. You know you are to ask if you can come east of I-65

F59DEB45-104A-4E67-A71F-1C644CC30385-6409-00000AEAFF6D0BC7_zps3b626ca4.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom