Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    WIN 296 is the only thing I have used for the .30 carbine. Have heard that I can also use Hodgdon's Lil-Gun as that will also meter well with the RCBS pwder drop I have. An old timer told me to start with WIN 296 first. This is my first year reloading for the .30 carbine BTW.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Router is upstairs. I don't go up there while my "guest" is here.
    Besides, minor glitch in my planning. I have a network drive, and a network printer that I'd have to make sure to add.
    As it is I run into a problem when I lose power, I have to uninstall the printer, and reinstall it. I think the network give it a new address, then the PC can't find it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Jedi, of course the Disney stuff is a little adult oriented. Look at the chest on the female lead characters. Holy Moly.
    How about Chitty Chitty Bang Bang? Lead female character's name is Truly Scrumptious.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You can't move the printer and network drive and just direct connect to your PC?
    :dunno:
    I think you can still MAC protect the network and the printer should work. The network drive not sure. It is a real NAS? If so it should have an MAC address as well. You could add that to the list so it's an "ok" device. Come to think about it the printer would have a MAC as well.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You can't move the printer and network drive and just direct connect to your PC?
    :dunno:
    I think you can still MAC protect the network and the printer should work. The network drive not sure. It is a real NAS? If so it should have an MAC address as well. You could add that to the list so it's an "ok" device. Come to think about it the printer would have a MAC as well.

I think the network stuff will take a back seat for now.
    All I have left in storage is Christmas lights. I get those into the spare bedroom, and I save money with that.
    Then canceling Cable TV should save more.

Then I need to create this "thing" to keep the leaves off the pool. That is important. It won't help to make it AFTER all the leaves fall.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Not sure how big your pool is, but we used to use a GIANT inflateable. Worked like a charm on our 29' round pool.

It's 40x20 in ground.
    I have two floats in there now to have less pull on the cover. And as big as they were, they were a drop in the bucket and had to be tied in.

What I'm doing is making a conduit skeleton arching over the pool, and then a cover over that. It would be like a D on it's side.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Hope this helps some of you understand ... Jedi :whistle:. Watch this and keep some of the stuff in mind when you hear Dear Leader and the rest of the politicos and media talking heads talking in the next few days about the debt ceiling. This reminds me of the book, "Whatever Happened to Penny Candy?" ~ Richard J. Maybury

It's worth taking the time to watch.

Warning: Some language and content.

[video=youtube;mII9NZ8MMVM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature&v=mII9NZ8MMVM[/video]

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Jedi, or anybody,
    Is it possible to password protect a home network. People plugging in to my wired network would still need a password.
    I'm thinking of password protecting it, since I'm the only one paying for it.

I'm also thinking of getting rid of Cable TV (just the TV part).
    1) I can watch a lot of things online.
    2) My living room TV is going on the fritz, and often won't show a picture.
    3) My bed room TV connection is bad or something, keeps glitching the signal.

So if I can't watch it, why should I pay for it.
    and of course it'll **** off the freeloader roommate.......................... :):

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Actaeon... do you need a computer guy to stop by and see what you got going ?

I know this guy... just saying...

Last edited:

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I was so close to Jedi's last night I broke out in a pink rash and started talking to myself in 3rd person.

Actaeon - Jedi's network advise is lame. log into the router and apply a wireless pwd to it, change the admin pdw from the default and that's it. Secondarily, you need to put a static ip on the printer to resolve your reinstall issues.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I was so close to Jedi's last night I broke out in a pink rash and started talking to myself in 3rd person.

Actaeon - Jedi's network advise is lame. log into the router and apply a wireless pwd to it, change the admin pdw from the default and that's it. Secondarily, you need to put a static ip on the printer to resolve your reinstall issues.
    That won't stop a person with a cable from using his network.

There are many ways to do that, but they all depend upon what your equipment is capable of doing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom