Not open for further replies.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Just got this text from WD

Jay/Larry, For you/INGO ..... Schrvlle Walmart .... Federal .223, 55 grain, 100 rnd value pack @ 40.77/box .... 4 Boxes left

also variou .45 an .40 value packs. Only 9 was TulAmmo in 50 rnd boxes @ $10.47/box.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    HOME ... safe and sound.

Now I need a drink. One of Lonehoosier's fellow truckers didn't see my SUV in the left lane (right next to the cab of his trailer) while we were both driving northbound on I65 when he decided to pull into my lane!!! Don't know if he heard my horn or saw the roof of my vehicle, but I was 2 wheels onto the hard shoulder and almost into the median before he jerked the semi-truck back into the right lane.

Between Columbus and Lafayette there were probably 6 semi-trucks off the road, all fresh accidents. Not sure why/how but most of them ended up stuck in the deep snow in the median and almost all were northbound trucks. They still had their lights on, fresh tracks off the road in the snow . . . waiting until springs thawing temps or a big arse wrecker comes to pull them out. One flipped semi at Lafayette, looks like that might have happened yesterday? One ambulance that was wrecked and being pulled out by a tow truck while 2 other ambulances were there to assist/transport injured?

Road conditions were MUCH BETTER today than on Tuesday when I went south. In fact I'm not sure why there were wrecks today unless people just fell asleep and drove off the road.

Tuesday we probably saw 40 or 50 cars spin off the road. Oddly enough, many seemed to have Illinois license plates and were occupied by urban dwellers.

One idiot Hoosier almost rear ended me. He was driving a Ford Escape (no, it was not Larry) and was sliding on the ice into my tailgate. I had my eye on the rear view mirror and slowly eased into the snow while he slid up to my drivers door before regaining his traction and then backed off . . . way off . . . and stayed back for the next 50 miles south! Fortunately I have great snow traction and a good 4wd system and never lost traction despite driving in the snow for a hundred yards or so before pulling back into the lane.

Melen was very glad that she was NOT driving!

Anyway, glad to be back home. Now for a rest.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    HOME ... safe and sound.

Now I need a drink. One of Lonehoosier's fellow truckers didn't see my SUV in the left lane (right next to the cab of his trailer) while we were both driving northbound on I65 when he decided to pull into my lane!!! Don't know if he heard my horn or saw the roof of my vehicle, but I was 2 wheels onto the hard shoulder and almost into the median before he jerked the semi-truck back into the right lane.

Between Columbus and Lafayette there were probably 6 semi-trucks off the road, all fresh accidents. Not sure why/how but most of them ended up stuck in the deep snow in the median and almost all were northbound trucks. They still had their lights on, fresh tracks off the road in the snow . . . waiting until springs thawing temps or a big arse wrecker comes to pull them out. One flipped semi at Lafayette, looks like that might have happened yesterday? One ambulance that was wrecked and being pulled out by a tow truck while 2 other ambulances were there to assist/transport injured?

Road conditions were MUCH BETTER today than on Tuesday when I went south. In fact I'm not sure why there were wrecks today unless people just fell asleep and drove off the road.

Tuesday we probably saw 40 or 50 cars spin off the road. Oddly enough, many seemed to have Illinois license plates and were occupied by urban dwellers.

One idiot Hoosier almost rear ended me. He was driving a Ford Escape (no, it was not Larry) and was sliding on the ice into my tailgate. I had my eye on the rear view mirror and slowly eased into the snow while he slid up to my drivers door before regaining his traction and then backed off . . . way off . . . and stayed back for the next 50 miles south! Fortunately I have great snow traction and a good 4wd system and never lost traction despite driving in the snow for a hundred yards or so before pulling back into the lane.

Melen was very glad that she was NOT driving!

Anyway, glad to be back home. Now for a rest.
    He was there yesterday. Looked bad. On his side. Cab was down an embankment.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I got tagged by a semi in a civic one time. he never looked/saw me and just changed lanes. I was just ahead of him and he hit the driver rear bumper and gave me a bounce. scared the crap out of me... saved it from the spin though thank god. had my 6 yr old in the back seat.

after 3+ hours of SEO and google analytics crap I need a drink too...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Lafayette truck parking contest winner, perfect score of 10:

image_zpsfb0064bb.jpg

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Guys, I'm sorry to post this, but it puts a smile in my cold black soul to APPLE jedi.

Brace yourselves, the end of his hibernation is looming. :nailbite: :nailbite: :nailbite:

20140109_162543_zpsprkngf9n.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    What are you taking about, he just stop to check he's oil :)

Odd thing is that the roads today were actually pretty darn good. Traffic was flowing pretty well, often pushing 70mph. All I can think is that these guys were moving along, traffic slowed in front of them and they pulled into the median to avoid an accident. That would make sense, at least for the trucks that got stuck today. If that is what happened then kudos to them for not crushing the vehicle in front of them. But that is just a guess.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom