• Status
    Not open for further replies.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Trekked out back to feed/ water the chickens, and throw the frozen eggs out in the woods. Motorcycles are out in the shed for the winter, had to move one slightly to make room. I can't wait for the freeze to break.

Next 40 degree day if the roads are dry, I'm taking my bike out. Used to ride year round as long as temps were above freezing, but I really don't want to get saltwater on my 40 year old bike that i spent a lot of time and money restoring. Maybe I need to buy another beater bike.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Trekked out back to feed/ water the chickens, and throw the frozen eggs out in the woods. Motorcycles are out in the shed for the winter, had to move one slightly to make room. I can't wait for the freeze to break.

Next 40 degree day if the roads are dry, I'm taking my bike out. Used to ride year round as long as temps were above freezing, but I really don't want to get saltwater on my 40 year old bike that i spent a lot of time and money restoring. Maybe I need to buy another beater bike.

Weather is suppose to be in the 40's this weekend with rain and snow. Don't think you will see dry roads for a while.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point

Maybe you've said before, but what's the restored bike? Btw, long shot, since your name is fairly common, but you happen to graduate LC in 88'

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Morning peeps.

I'm heading back up to NWI today. Stopped in Mt Sterling, KY for the night. Drove 13 hours yesterday and was not awake enough to try to drive the last 7 hours home from here.

Gonna have my breakfast and some coffee and head home. Hopefully I-65 will be clear by the time I make it up to INDY. It was miserable as far south as Greenwood when I was driving down to North Carolina. The Indiana Po-Po website shows that the road is "Fair" most of the way from INDY up to NWI but the area around Lafayette is still showing "Difficult" road conditions. I figure there is no hurry for me to hit the road. Maybe an extra cup of coffee while I'm down here will give the plows in the Lafayette area a bit more time to get some ice off the road.

But one thing is for sure, having a 6400 pound 4x4 is a good thing when the roads suck. Then again, nearly 2000 miles at 17mpg equals a big fuel bill.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    Last night was perfect for the hottub....zero wind in our back yard.....bad part was my feet sticking to the deck on the walk back indoors!!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    ..... Hopefully I-65 will be clear by the time I make it up to INDY. It was miserable as far south as Greenwood when I was driving down to North Carolina. The Indiana Po-Po website shows that the road is "Fair" most of the way from INDY up to NWI but the area around Lafayette is still showing "Difficult" road conditions. I figure there is no hurry for me to hit the road. Maybe an extra cup of coffee while I'm down here will give the plows in the Lafayette area a bit more time to get some ice off the road.

But one thing is for sure, having a 6400 pound 4x4 is a good thing when the roads suck. Then again, nearly 2000 miles at 17mpg equals a big fuel bill.

I drove to Indy and back yesterday. I-65 was good on the return trip.
    The temp came up enough for the salt to work.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Who wants to learn to shoot IDPA with me? I've never shot it but I need to shoot SOMETHING.

I know Michigan City rifle club does IDPA on Wednesday nights and I think NPCCC does it on the weekend. IDPA is a good place for beginners to start out because of relatively low equipment cost, and it's probably the least physically demanding of the "action shooting sports.
    If anybody else is interested, post up, let's do this.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I am officially back to work after six long months. The one thing that sucks now is I'm on the extra board so here I sit at home waiting for a phone to ring so I can head to work. Known my luck the probably call at 10 o'clock tonight right when I'm getting ready to go to bed.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Other than the fact that I'm not working, yeah.
    I fixed an outlet this morning and didn't have her hovering over me like the NSA.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I am officially back to work after six long months. The one thing that sucks now is I'm on the extra board so here I sit at home waiting for a phone to ring so I can head to work. Known my luck the probably call at 10 o'clock tonight right when I'm getting ready to go to bed.

Nap time for sure.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom