NWI, North of US-30

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    From the video "the legality unclear". :facepalm:
    It's war there are NO rules in war!

Interesting how since at least WW II this method has been in use by *all* sides.

Just something to think about the next time you are eyeballing that surplus crate of 7.62x39 at the next gun show.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    :runaway: we almost fell off the 1st page in the breakroom!!!

Now on to why I am writing. I got a little tear in my eye right now.
    Picked up an old VHS player at a yard sale for $5 and hooked it up to the TV and left my old VHS star wars ep4 - 6 movies by it.
    What do I find when I arrive home? ds glued to the TV watching return to the jedi. He paused the movie and comes running to me talking super fast about how he found these star wars movie and about some battle at hoth, dark vader cutting luke's hand, etc...

:rofl: He had never seen the original ds movies. A clip here and there on youtube but never the entire movies.
    Why don't you get the DVDs?

3steps

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    NWI
    Evidently sneaky Pete doesn't know whether or not we should go to Syria.

Tell him here:
    Email Pete | Congressman Pete Visclosky

Here is the response I got from Pete.

Thank you for contacting me to express your opposition to the use of U.S. military force in Syria. I appreciate hearing from you.

Most recently, on August 31, 2013, President Obama announced that the United States government had assessed with high confidence that the Syrian government carried out a chemical weapons attack in the Damascus suburbs on August 21, 2013. According to the assessment, it is estimated that 1,429 people were killed, including at least 426 children. The use of chemical weapons is a deplorable action, and my thoughts and prayers are with the people of Syria as they endure through this dreadful and difficult time.

In response to this attack, President Obama has proposed that Congress approve legislation that would authorize the use of military force in Syria in order to prevent or deter the use or proliferation of any weapons of mass destruction, including chemical weapons, and to protect the United States and its allies against the threat posed by such weapons. The House Committee on Foreign Affairs and the Senate Foreign Relations Committee held hearings on this proposal this past week, and it is expected that Congress will consider legislation that would authorize the use of military force in Syria soon.

At this point, I am ensuring that I am fully briefed on the circumstances of what happened in Syria. Keeping in mind the history of our military actions in Iraq and Afghanistan, I will carefully weigh the implications of the authorization of the use of military force in Syria and the potential consequences of action or inaction.

In a related matter, you should know that in the 112 th Congress and in the current 113 th Congress, I have been a supporter and cosponsor of legislation that would state that the House of Representatives strongly condemns the ongoing violence and the systematic gross human rights violations carried out by the Syrian government forces under the direction of President Bashar al-Assad as well as abuses committed by opposition forces. Introduced by Rep. Israel, the measure also would express support for the people of Syria seeking peaceful democratic change, and would call on the United Nations Security Council, based on evidence that war crimes and crimes against humanity have been perpetrated in Syria, to refer the situation of Syria to the International Criminal Court. I deeply regret that the measure has a total of only five cosponsors and that the House has not moved toward its consideration.

Thank you again for contacting me. Do not hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
    Peter J. Visclosky
    Member of Congress

It seems Pete is often part of some legislation - like the last part - that has some justice and common sense to it and is largely unsupported by the rest of congress. It might seem like he has old school morals or it could be political cover to make it look like he is an outsider and not like rest of those "bad" politicians.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I got the same reply from Pete.

My take on the reply is that Pete falls lockstep into whatever it is that Obama wants. Of course he didn't actually reply to ANY point I made in my email to him, he just sent out a form letter that lets you know virtually nothing and takes no stand, but that means he is going to vote with Obama.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Why don't you get the DVDs?

nah... I have like 3 sets of the sw ep4-6 on vhs.
    one day i plan on getting the entire collection on blue ray or whatever the next format is.
    but for that i need a nice tv, surround sound to appreciate it.
    however that not even on my priority list since i dont want tv.
    perhpas if i find them on a yard sale for $1 maybe but for now he has use the tapes and wear them out.

@3steps
    one word for you: LIAR

pete is and will only look out for himself first, second, third, and fourth.
    dont trust him at all.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    @3steps
    one word for you: LIAR

pete is and will only look out for himself first, second, third, and fourth.
    dont trust him at all.
    YUP, Pete is a f***ing LIAR

He has been caught often enough to prove he is a compulsive LIAR.

When you tell him your support what he wants then he sends you a letter that agrees with you.

When you send him a letter that opposes his view you get a letter like the one above that is vague and non-committal and says almost nothing but still fills the page with words.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Here is the response I got from Pete.

Thank you for contacting me to express your opposition to the use of U.S. military force in Syria. I appreciate hearing from you.

Most recently, on August 31, 2013, President Obama announced that the United States government had assessed with high confidence that the Syrian government carried out a chemical weapons attack in the Damascus suburbs on August 21, 2013. According to the assessment, it is estimated that 1,429 people were killed, including at least 426 children. The use of chemical weapons is a deplorable action, and my thoughts and prayers are with the people of Syria as they endure through this dreadful and difficult time.

In response to this attack, President Obama has proposed that Congress approve legislation that would authorize the use of military force in Syria in order to prevent or deter the use or proliferation of any weapons of mass destruction, including chemical weapons, and to protect the United States and its allies against the threat posed by such weapons. The House Committee on Foreign Affairs and the Senate Foreign Relations Committee held hearings on this proposal this past week, and it is expected that Congress will consider legislation that would authorize the use of military force in Syria soon.

At this point, I am ensuring that I am fully briefed on the circumstances of what happened in Syria. Keeping in mind the history of our military actions in Iraq and Afghanistan, I will carefully weigh the implications of the authorization of the use of military force in Syria and the potential consequences of action or inaction.

In a related matter, you should know that in the 112 th Congress and in the current 113 th Congress, I have been a supporter and cosponsor of legislation that would state that the House of Representatives strongly condemns the ongoing violence and the systematic gross human rights violations carried out by the Syrian government forces under the direction of President Bashar al-Assad as well as abuses committed by opposition forces. Introduced by Rep. Israel, the measure also would express support for the people of Syria seeking peaceful democratic change, and would call on the United Nations Security Council, based on evidence that war crimes and crimes against humanity have been perpetrated in Syria, to refer the situation of Syria to the International Criminal Court. I deeply regret that the measure has a total of only five cosponsors and that the House has not moved toward its consideration.

Thank you again for contacting me. Do not hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
    Peter J. Visclosky
    Member of Congress

It seems Pete is often part of some legislation - like the last part - that has some justice and common sense to it and is largely unsupported by the rest of congress. It might seem like he has old school morals or it could be political cover to make it look like he is an outsider and not like rest of those "bad" politicians.

I got the same reply from Pete.

My take on the reply is that Pete falls lockstep into whatever it is that Obama wants. Of course he didn't actually reply to ANY point I made in my email to him, he just sent out a form letter that lets you know virtually nothing and takes no stand, but that means he is going to vote with Obama.

When you tell him your support what he wants then he sends you a letter that agrees with you.

When you send him a letter that opposes his view you get a letter like the one above that is vague and non-committal and says almost nothing but still fills the page with words.
    I got the same BS email back. My wife just informed me that he will be at my daughter school on Friday. I may just have to make a A$$ out off myself :D

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

He is a politician in every derogatory meaning of the word.

I got the same BS email back. My wife just informed me that he will be at my daughter school on Friday. I may just have to make a A$$ out off myself :D
    All you will be doing is reflecting badly upon yourself. He doesn't care what you think. He never will. Sadly, the mindless hordes in our counties will keep re-electing him until he quits, dies or gets put in jail too.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    For you south, south of US-30.

Have any of you ever tried?
    Frankie's Village Restaurant
    10073 Indiana 55, De Motte, IN ‎ 1.6 mi NE
    (219) 345-2333 () ‎

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    that places is about 2 miles from where the lake village appleseed is going to be.
    not sure if google has the address/city correct but it does appear on the map.
    not sure if i want to camp while at appleeseed or do the city thing: a day out in the country shooting followed by hot chow and my bed cost is a bit more

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom