Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Dove in the pool again tonight. It was a little cooler outside, but great in the pool. I HOPE I have the rest of the leaves out, they tend to soak up the chemicals, which is why I had to get more. I started to add chems for pH and alkalinity, they have to be added over several hours.

The gun racks are DONE.
    Stained a nice simple NAVAHO RED. Decided to keep it simple.
    Thanks to my Mom and niece, they actually did the work. The niece is trying to earn money to buy something.

Jay, I can see if Pete can drop yours by if you want. I can see you're a bit incapacitated.
    By the way, nice pistol racks.

Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    We should start our own club.

30v0t1i.jpg

Last edited:

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Dove in the pool again tonight. It was a little cooler outside, but great in the pool. I HOPE I have the rest of the leaves out, they tend to soak up the chemicals, which is why I had to get more. I started to add chems for pH and alkalinity, they have to be added over several hours.

The gun racks are DONE.
    Stained a nice simple NAVAHO RED. Decided to keep it simple.
    Thanks to my Mom and niece, they actually did the work. The niece is trying to earn money to buy something.

Jay, I can see if Pete can drop yours by if you want. I can see you're a bit incapacitated.
    By the way, nice pistol racks.
    Don't have Pete make a special trip. If he comes to the M&S I'll just get them then if not I will swing by and pick them up. Thanks for the complement on the pistol racks. I have four more but just have not mounted them to the other rifle racks.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Just got in from trimming along a fence line. Got to keep the coyotes, raccoons, vermin and varmints out of the dog yard, but with bushes growing through and trees hanging over the 150' of chain link fence its too easy for the wrong animals to access the yard.

Been using a newly purchased Stihl commercial grade extension hedge trimmer with "anti-vibration" technology. Not sure what that 'technology' is, their website and brochures don't explain it, all I know is that IT WORKS. With the arthritis in my hands and arms, I usually "feel" trimmers, saws and other small motorized tools for 6+ hours after I use them. I put this trimmer down about 20 minutes ago and barely feel the sensation of the vibration from it now. It won't bother me at all 15 minute from now.

Nice to work outside tonight too. Temps dropped 20 degrees and its actually cool outside now. No air conditioning, no fans running, its actually NICE OUTSIDE :)

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    I've worked across the street from there for 21 years. I haven't had any problems.
    And there tends to be a police presence there.
    Police presence? Pfft... 2 skinny ass female cops were our security and they were inside the building right by the entrance. I don't care who you are, GI sucks and I avoid it like the plague. No security either while walking back to my car along 5th! F*** that! Good thing I was CC! :draw:

Had a great time though. My free tickets were section 101, Row A, Seats 5-7.

UnionPmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NW Indiana
    All right, there's a dark colored jeep a couple doors down with "zombie response" on it. Anyone I know???

And I used to joke when I said that they had management wandering around trying to find ways to F stuff up and make the company less profitable.
    Sadly, I no longer think it's a joke.

Good thing it was down to the low 105 degrees or so.

You think it's hot there...

Fire causes minor damage at ArcelorMittal plant in Burns Harbor : Burns Harbor News

QFT

This working every day thing is really taking away from my INGO browsing, I miss the 24hrs on / 48hrs off. I Don't miss the pay however. I won't be able to make to the clubhouse Thursday, have a C-gar for me!

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    Damn I'm 20 pages behind! Slow down you yentas!

Well the saga is scheduled to end this Thursday night regarding my blindfolded leap of faith over the VW cliff.

I'm supposed to pick up the Passat Thursday night. The back story needs more time for telling. Suffice to say you can't rely on a dealer to do the homework to find a car. Idiots. I think I deserve a cut of the sale myself.

Hopefully I'll be finishing up the landscape timber job by Saturday. This weekend work is killin' me! No time to play around here much lately. Been spending my spare surfing on everything TDI.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Damn I'm 20 pages behind! Slow down you yentas!

Well the saga is scheduled to end this Thursday night regarding my blindfolded leap of faith over the VW cliff.

I'm supposed to pick up the Passat Thursday night. The back story needs more time for telling. Suffice to say you can't rely on a dealer to do the homework to find a car. Idiots. I think I deserve a cut of the sale myself.

Hopefully I'll be finishing up the landscape timber job by Saturday. This weekend work is killin' me! No time to play around here much lately. Been spending my spare surfing on everything TDI.

Drive it to the cigar lounge . . . We can get rid of that "new car smell" for you!

Besides, we want to play with a new Passat.

Did you get it at TEAM?

I bought 3 VWs from VW of Orland Park after talking to TEAM VW on 3 different occasions about buying from them.

========= CIGAR LOUNGE EVENT UPDATE ==========

Got an email this morning that is states that Lake County Sheriff Candidate Oscar Martinez, who is reportedly strongly pro-2A, will be at the cigar event from about 6:30 to 7:30pm to talk guns/politics to those who want to chat with him.

We know that Sheriff Buncich is acting like a political tool for Chicago/Cook County, IL by hosting Anti-Gun Tom Dart to come to Gary and tell us that Indiana is the problem and the we cause the violence that occurs in Chicago. So anyone should be better in the Lake County Sheriff's office than Buncich, but this is our chance to find out if Oscar Martinez is the right guy, or just another go-along-to-get-along politician.

Thursday July 25th ~ 6pm to 9pm

Oh, and we are having an Open Carry night at the 1101 Cigar Lounge, complete with guitar player and snacks :yesway:

As always, cigar smoking is OPTIONAL. Open Carry is also OPTIONAL.

We will be featuring ESTEBAN CARARRAS cigars. (Personally I think the "Cupa Cabra" is THE cigar to try if you want to smoke, the "5150" is pretty intense and a great cigar too)

Guitar Player from 6pm to 9pm

Picture6-1.png

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Bob...envelope of cash for you at the clubhouse. I'm told youre MIA.

NOT "MIA" just home cutting back a hedgerow to keep it from growing through my fence. Every 2 or 3 years I have to cut it back to keep nature on the far side of the fence.

Today is also Melen's first day with Physical Therapy so I'll be leaving here shortly with her to get her up to get started on rehabilitation. Its about a mile from the Clubhouse so I'll hang out there while she is in therapy, then go back and pick her up.

FWIW, I was there until shortly after 3pm yesterday, plan to show up about 3pm tomorrow and stay until close. But until Melen is taken to college, I doubt that I will be hanging out too much in the MORNINGS like I used to. More time spent there in the AFTERNOONS.

I want an envelope full of cash!

What are you doin right now? Want to come over and play withsome plastic ducks? :n00b:

I prefer RUBBER DUCKIES :rockwoot:

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I told Diann that you were probably in the yard cutting the hedges. She was swearing you because you didn't text her back. flashpuppy, that video was cool...I'm ready to go. Might even buy me some camo.....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom