• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    All right, there's a dark colored jeep a couple doors down with "zombie response" on it. Anyone I know???.
    Is it a Jeep Commander?

We had a guy coming to the Fencing Club who drove a Commander with a Zombie Response decal. I think he carried a Glock. Haven't seen him in a while, but I've not gone much because of my daughters surgery and recovery

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Is it a Jeep Commander?

We had a guy coming to the Fencing Club who drove a Commander with a Zombie Response decal. I think he carried a Glock. Haven't seen him in a while, but I've not gone much because of my daughters surgery and recovery

I would have to go look, and I'm trying to get through the new posts, so I can go to sleep. Late to work this morning. Can't repeat.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Melensdad, it was a hardware failure and I do believe MAC's have hardware failures too.... anyways it's nice to be back... got posters to photoshop and get off to the printer though...

Andy the lettering is small and thin on the PC too....

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    A friend/co-worker of mine is always posting Progressive articles on Facebook. I normally read them, and just shake my head, because he's also the type to attack any stories from Fox or any news source if it doesn't fit into his views. Above the link of this story he wrote "Scary, but true."

i don't mind other political views, I have no problem discussing other views. I enjoy debating on topics and different points of view. But how can you even begin to argue with this point of view, where they basically pick and choose what they discuss and anybody that doesn't agree with the progressive/liberal agenda is a Sociopath?

Forward Progressives ? The Conservative March Toward a Society of Sociopaths

koutsevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    San Pierre, IN
    My experience with Valpo fire, police, and Porter Memorial hospital.

Sunday morning found my self in Targets parking lot heading to Home Depot on my motorcycle. Apparently, while riding, my front tire dropped down the edge of a recessed manhole. This caused the handle bars to rotate quickly and the bike to lay over on it's side. After dragging myself out from under the bike, I noticed my ankle was dislocated. I got my phone out and called for an ambulance. There were three good samaritans stopped by to help out. I asked them to stand my bike up and roll into a parking spot, to get it out of the roadway and secure it. Then the Valpo PD showed up. He asked what happened and checked my license and registration. I think he wrote up an accident report and told me to pick it up at the police department. Next came the Valpo fire department. The paramedics started looking me over. One of the guys started working to remove my shirt. I happened to know one of the guys on the fire department. I said hi to him just so that there was some familiarity with the guys working with me. Now my shirt came off. I heard the guy taking my shirt off softly tell everyone that there was a gun. Before he finished his statement, I reached for my wallet and went to show the paramedic, making sure I didn't pass out, my pink card. He said not to worry about it he saw the card already. I believe that he mentioned his just showed up last week. They got me strapped down to the back board. I heard the guy I know ask me if I was going to shoot anyone. I chuckled and said that wouldn't happen. The paramedics called over the officer and were discussing what to do. I couldn't really understand what was being talked about. Someone asked me what kind of gun it was. I told them a Glock 26. One guy said that he was going to be picking one up next week. Someone said that they were going to remove my gun. I said ok, and informed them it was loaded with one in the pipe. They thanked me. Then they let me know that they unloaded it. It seems that there was still some confusion as what to do. I heard talk about how Porter was no guns. Almost, sounded like this was the first time any of them were in this situation. I got loaded into the paramedic van. The guy that had been remaining in my eyesight most of the time informed me that he had my gun, unloaded, and in a paper bag. He said that when we get to the hospital, he would give it to their security. I told him thanks.

When we got to the hospital and situated in an ER room. The paramedic told me that he gave my gun to security. The security guy told me that it would be locked up. He said that if someone showed up that I wanted to transfer the gun to or when I was discharged, all I needed to do was call security and they would hand over the gun. After doing so, whoever was in possession would need to exit the building. Then the doctor stuff happened. ankle got reset, got cut on to install metal on a fractured bone, learned how to use crutches, and got discharged. I was in Porter for less than 24 hours. As i was working with the nurse on getting discharged, I informed him that I had a gun locked up at security. His said this was a first and that he would call them. On my way out the building, we stopped by the security department. A gun filled out some paperwork and asked me to sign it. Was a confirmation receipt that I got my gun back. I asked hi if I could look at it to confirm that it was mine. He said it was mine because they had no others. As he was handing me the gun in a paper bag, he let me know that it was unloaded and not to put the magazine back in until I had left the property. I was chatting with the nurse who pushed me around, I asked her if she had seen anything about guns liked she just witnessed. She said no. She said that they were illegal in the hospital. I politely corrected her, informing about trespassing. she showed me the no gun picture on the doors. It was a revolver in a circle with a line through it. I chuckled. Nothing about Glocks! Just revolvers.

My buddy pulled up and we left. Now that I am on "vacation", I decided to write this up to let the NWI's know about my experience.

Now back to my drugs.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Sunday morning found my self in Targets parking lot heading to Home Depot on my motorcycle as Target had nothing for me to steal. Apparently, while riding, my front tire dropped down the edge of a recessed manhole cause I was casing this old lady to see if I could steal her purse since I can up empty at Target. This caused the handle bars to rotate quickly and the bike to lay over on it's side. After dragging myself out from under the bike and :crying: like a baby asking for my mommy, I noticed my ankle was dislocated. I got my free phone out and called[STRIKE] for an ambulance[/STRIKE] 9-1-1 like the .gov has told me to do. There were three [STRIKE]good samaritans[/STRIKE] tangos stopped by saying they wanted to help[STRIKE]to help out.[/STRIKE] but being an Operator I knew better and kept my eye on them. I asked them to stand my bike up and roll into a parking spot, to get it out of the roadway and secure it. Then the Valpo [STRIKE]PD[/STRIKE] JBTs showed up. He asked what happened and checked my license and registration. I think he wrote up an accident report and told me to pick it up at the police department. Next came the Valpo fire department. The paramedics started looking me over like he wanted my body. I swear I can't go nowhere withouth girls and guys throwing themselves on me. One of the guys started working to remove my shirt, I was fearing for my life at this point!. I happened to know one of the guys on the fire department. I said hi to him just so that there was some familiarity with the guys working with me. Now my shirt came off. I heard the guy taking my shirt off softly tell everyone that there was a gun. Before he finished his statement, I reached for my wallet and went to show the paramedic, making sure I didn't pass out, my [STRIKE]pink[/STRIKE] operator card (EDITOR NOTE: This member is NOT authorized to have a PINK Card by Da PINKFather yet!). He said not to worry about it he saw the card already. I believe that he mentioned his just showed up last week. They got me strapped down to the back board. I heard the guy I know ask me if I was going to shoot anyone. I chuckled and said that wouldn't happen since ammo was way too expensive. The paramedics called over the officer and were discussing what to do. I couldn't really understand what was being talked about since they were speaking in their hillbilly tounge. Someone asked me what kind of gun it was. I told them a Glock 26. One guy said that he was going to be picking one up next week. Someone said that they were going to remove my gun. I said ok, and informed them it was loaded with one in the pipe. They thanked me. Then they let me know that they unloaded it by pulling the trigger and letting the one in the pipe fly into the air. It seems that there was still some confusion as what to do now that they had caused a scene in the parking lot. I heard talk about how Porter was no guns. Almost, sounded like this was the first time any of them were in this situation. I got loaded into the paramedic van. The guy that had been remaining in my eyesight most of the time informed me that he had my gun, unloaded, and in a paper bag. He said that when we get to the hospital, he would give it to their security. I told him thanks sarcasticlly.

When we got to the hospital and situated in an ER room. The paramedic told me that he gave my gun to security. The security guy told me that it would be locked up which I know is code for cofinging it, doing a ballistic test on it, wiping it for prints and running the serial number. He said that if someone showed up that I wanted to transfer the gun to or when I was discharged, all I needed to do was call security and they would hand over the gun in pieces provided it was not an evil, unclean gun. After doing so, whoever was in possession would need to exit the building. Then the doctor stuff happened. ankle got reset, got cut on to install metal on a fractured bone, learned how to use crutches, and got discharged. I was in Porter for less than 24 hours. As i was working with the nurse on getting discharged, I informed him that I had a gun locked up at security. His said this was a first and that he would call them. On my way out the building, we stopped by the security department. A gun filled out some paperwork (EDITOR NOTE: So now GLOCKs can also fill out forms by themseleves! or is it becasue this an an operator's gun that it's just ssssoooo k00l! :) ) and asked me to sign it. Was a confirmation receipt that I got my gun back. I asked hi if I could look at it to confirm that it was mine. He said it was mine because they had no others that could fill out the forms by themseleves. As he was handing me the gun in a paper bag, he let me know that it was unloaded and not to put the magazine back in until I had left the property. I was chatting with the nurse who pushed me around, I asked her if she had seen anything about guns liked she just witnessed. She said no. She said that they were illegal in the hospital. I politely corrected her, informing about trespassing. she showed me the no gun picture on the doors which every :sheep: knows is the words from god. It was a revolver in a circle with a line through it. I chuckled. Nothing about Glocks! Just revolvers.

My buddy pulled up and we left. Now that I am on "vacation", I decided to write this up to let the NWI's know about my experience.

Now back to my drugs.

FTFY :)

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I don't get it either. I was there for 11 hour OC my full size gen3 glock 17 in a Saferiland leather holster on my left side and two mags on my right. Not one word.
    I would guess no one noticed it. Very few people seem to notice the gun on my hip when I am OC'ing.

I did put my shirt over the gun at the fair last Thursday though.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Melensdad, it was a hardware failure and I do believe MAC's have hardware failures too.... anyways it's nice to be back... got posters to photoshop and get off to the printer though....
    Well maybe once. But no more often than that!

I've had a PowerBook die when my sister poured water in the cooling vent holes. Had it back, repaired in less than 72 hours. I guess that counts.

My wife did have a drive crash on a her first MacBook.

Not sure that I can recall ever having any other hardware failures on any of our Macs over the past 30 years.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom