• Status
    Not open for further replies.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Just got home from the doctors about my ankle. Doctor has me off work indefinitely. Hopefully next few days my MRI will be schedule to see what's going on in there. For now it's stay off my feet ice it down for 20 minutes a couple times a day and take the anti inflammatory meds.

RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage
    Got an email reply from the Sheriff this morning. Here is his reply:

Thank you for the complimentary words about our officer. I am curious how he knew that you were armed. Did you mention it, or was it visible at the time?
    In answer to your question, the fairgrounds is rented by the Agricultural Society from the county during the fair. The renters have set certain prohibitions for the property including firearms and alcohol. The Society contracts for security.

Sheriff

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Just got home from the doctors about my ankle. Doctor has me off work indefinitely. Hopefully next few days my MRI will be schedule to see what's going on in there. For now it's stay off my feet ice it down for 20 minutes a couple times a day and take the anti inflammatory meds.

well we need ocare here sooner. as a member of the working class we can NOT allow you to bum around at home. the medical panel has determine if best we just chop off the foot and give you an implant (think lt dave from forrst gump) so that u get back to wrk!!!

the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    well we need ocare here sooner. as a member of the working class we can NOT allow you to bum around at home. the medical panel has determine if best we just chop off the foot and give you an implant (think lt dave from forrst gump) so that u get back to wrk!!!

you mean to say LT. DAN ... :facepalm::bash:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    yes yes lt dan!!!
    however for your insuborntiation of correct me i am recommending to the medical panel that NO service be rendered to you or your family, extended family, friends, their families, and anyone who may agree with you to their 3rd cousin twice removed. we cant have you thinkers running around loose. :)

RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage
    :facepalm:
    what did u asked him?
    seems he is clueless about the law as well. :faint:

My email:
    Sheriff ,

Hello, I was at the Porter County Fair yesterday and while I was carrying my sidearm with me and was asked politely to take it back to my vehicle. I complied and when I got home I read up on the laws about carrying at the fair. I have found out that if the fair ground is owned by the county and run by the county then it is illegal to enforce signage posted on the fences. If I am wrong would you be able to provide me with the law of which can be enforced?

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Me

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    My email:
    Ryan,

In your email to the sheriff you stated "...it is illegal to enforce signange posted on the fences..." and so far as I can tell that is NOT TRUE.

They can enforce a POLICY that is put in place by the operator of the fair since the fair is a private operation. The agricultural societies are typically NOT government agencies, departments, etc.

However, if the fair is run by a government agency (which it apparently is not) then it would be illegal to enforce the signage, and in fact the signage itself would be suspect and they probably could be forced to remove the signs.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Shameless plug for your other halves...
    For the record Jedi has NOTHING to do with this as it's in snobland!

ccf2013.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Ryan,

In your email to the sheriff you stated "...it is illegal to enforce signange posted on the fences..." and so far as I can tell that is NOT TRUE.

They can enforce a POLICY that is put in place by the operator of the fair since the fair is a private operation. The agricultural societies are typically NOT government agencies, departments, etc.

However, if the fair is run by a government agency (which it apparently is not) then it would be illegal to enforce the signage, and in fact the signage itself would be suspect and they probably could be forced to remove the signs.

Yup doing a bit more digging it looks like in 2009 the Porter County Agricultural Society Inc was incorporated as a 501(c)(3) and made into a private entity.
    Info here:
    501(c)(3) Lookup: PORTER COUNTY AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY INC
    and
    Porter County Agricultural Society Inc Profile - Valparaiso, IN 46383-9560 - Single Location 2487956
    and
    Porter County Agricultural Society Inc - Valparaiso, IN - (219) 462-0321 - Manta

So in essence a private biz is running the PORTER county fair as such they can set whatever rules they want for the event including "no firearms" and if you take a firearm and it is found while you are NOT breaking any laws (just the rule for the event) you will be asked to leave. You have to leave at that point.

All I can say is
    http://tinyurl.com/aymdthn
    Porter county!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom