lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Got an email reply from the Sheriff this morning. Here is his reply:

Ryan,

In your email to the sheriff you stated "...it is illegal to enforce signange posted on the fences..." and so far as I can tell that is NOT TRUE.

They can enforce a POLICY that is put in place by the operator of the fair since the fair is a private operation. The agricultural societies are typically NOT government agencies, departments, etc.

However, if the fair is run by a government agency (which it apparently is not) then it would be illegal to enforce the signage, and in fact the signage itself would be suspect and they probably could be forced to remove the signs.
    This is news to me. When I looked it up last year there was no mention of the Agricultural Society. When I google it it sounds like they have run the fair for a few years now. I guess I'll just have to CC :xmad:

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    Looking for a Home Inspection company near CP! I have dealt with Greentree out of Portage before and wasn't too happy with them!

So who have you used and liked? And what is going rate now a days? From what I remember it was only a couple hundred bucks! :dunno:

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    We used heritage home inspections. He was pretty good made us a binder and emailed us his report. Only thing I wish we would have spent the money on was radon testing.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    do u have a crawlspace or basement aclark?
    is it finished (ie. have a cement floor) or is it just dirt with plastic on it?
    jedi did the radon test foe this house but looking back on it and in doing post-research it was not needed since the crawl is cement not dirt/plastic.

RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage
    This is news to me. When I looked it up last year there was no mention of the Agricultural Society. When I google it it sounds like they have run the fair for a few years now. I guess I'll just have to CC :xmad:

I am surprised you didn't get stopped last year for OCing. I was going by what you said when I carried. I now know everything on the Internet is not true. :laugh:

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I am surprised you didn't get stopped last year for OCing. I was going by what you said when I carried. I now know everything on the Internet is not true. :laugh:
    I don't get it either. I was there for 11 hour OC my full size gen3 glock 17 in a Saferiland leather holster on my left side and two mags on my right. Not one word.

Last edited:

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Hey guys... got the computer fixed finally, soooo I'm back....

T-Star... working on some of the stuff I shot a couple weeks ago... and in a couple weeks we are going to have some awesome stuff to work with.... probably get you thrown out of the scrapbook session though... but probably well worth it....

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    do u have a crawlspace or basement aclark?
    is it finished (ie. have a cement floor) or is it just dirt with plastic on it?
    jedi did the radon test foe this house but looking back on it and in doing post-research it was not needed since the crawl is cement not dirt/plastic.

We have a full poured basement (floor and walls). We were advised that we probably didn't need it since it was new construction, so we didn't do it. A couple months later out neighbors said they had to get radon mitigated. Come to find out a few of our neighbors had to install a vent, and a few didn't. We got the home test and it came back at 5.6 pCi/L. 4.0 is the EPA "safe zone". We need to get a long term test done, but just haven't had the time. If we did it during inspection we could have professional testing done and have the vent paid for from the contractor.

Yep that's the guy.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    All right, there's a dark colored jeep a couple doors down with "zombie response" on it. Anyone I know???

And I used to joke when I said that they had management wandering around trying to find ways to F stuff up and make the company less profitable.
    Sadly, I no longer think it's a joke.

Good thing it was down to the low 105 degrees or so.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Side not. Tried to tell admin (anthony) that the sidebar is a design flaw and that the wasted space goes against good design flow. He ignored me and deleted my post. SOooooo....I will use adblock and stylish to chop up their ****ty design and do it better myself.

ingo.png

Ads are just there for the SS, used adblock to block all ads and the sidebar div. Then used stylish to delete the padding on the right side of the content container div. Looks a ton better.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom