• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Thanks jedi will stop by tomorrow around 5PM to pick it up.

@all
    Note that while Jedi will be in the vehicle at the 'club house' you can rest assure Jedi won't be stepping into your neutral/forsaken place. Jedi's 'people' will actually walk into the space to get the box. :rofl:
    The receipt will require Jedi's signature.

I got like 6k pounds of steel I gotta get delivered. Can I just have that dropped at the clubhouse as well?
    You have to deliver it there and another INGO'er has to pick it up.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I know a fella that goes across country and repairs track... doesnt make much sense to me... they fly him out to anywhere he needs to be, pay for food and board, etc... couldnt they just have someone closer to the area do the repair??? He also does alot of driving.. his 2010 Ram had over 230k on it last time I seen it

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    They've been eyeing that since the 80's. ain't gonna happen till I'm dead and gone. If they took that, the freight across the country would all but stall.

Doubt it. Detroit just filed bankruptcy due to unfunded pension liability. That is the start. A few of the states that are in the same boat are next such as CA and IL again due to unfunded pension liability. Do you know who else has an unfunded liablity? The USA with SSA. Guess what they are going to do to help fund it before the house of cards comes crashing down? Yup that pot of gold ya have been hording. :) In the next 10 years it will occur along with some major reductions in SSA checks being handed out and the retirement age going up and new retirees getting 20% less than now.

The receipt will require Jedi's signature.

No worries 'my people' can walk out the receipt for jedi to sign and walk it back in.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    The pay is good. But depending on the type of track maintenance, you may not be home much. There's maintainers that are assigned a territory, and they inspect the same section of track everyday and make repairs as needed. Then there's track gangs, they're a group of people who travel several states/areas making major repairs and are gone for weeks at a time.

It is hard work, a lot of physical labor, dangerous as you can be in the middle of nowhere or in the middle of the ghetto all by yourself making emergency repairs at all hours of the night. When your on call. The nice thing is, there's a lot of OT, and if you get called out to make a repair and it takes you 5 minutes you get paid at least 4 hours(depending on contract).

during bad weather you'll be outside constantly inspecting to make sure it's sale for trains to pass. Extreme, heat, snow, heavy rain, tornadoes, earth quicks. High winds, ice stories.

but lite I says the pay is good, benifits are fret, and you no longer will pay into social security, you'll pay into railroad retirement. Go for it. If you fet it and arsti happy, dull have uroe foot int the door and transfer to different positions or other roll roads. Anywhere it the nation.

You were going good until right here. Did you snort a percocet or something?

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    So hey Andy and other railroad folks. Track Maintenance a pretty good job? It's not for CN though but I assume it doesn't vary too much from one company to the next. It's BNSF and it's in Aberdeen, South Dakota. I haven't been made an offer or anything yet, they just want me to do additional testing.
    I know the guys with my company have a pretty good contract. They work 10 days (I think) and get four days off. In addition to the overtime they get per diem, hotels paid, travel time, travel pay and a host of other bennies so they can afford to pay for their ex-wives.
    If you're young and single a system gang is a money-making deal, if you're older or married, not so much.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I know the guys with my company have a pretty good contract. They work 10 days (I think) and get four days off. In addition to the overtime they get per diem, hotels paid, travel time, travel pay and a host of other bennies so they can afford to pay for their ex-wives.
    If you're young and single a system gang is a money-making deal, if you're older or married, not so much.
    That's meeee

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    You like outside work? Other than that, it's a job with benefits and a retirement. You won't get rich, but you can get a helluva tan.
    I'd say about 90% of my work history has been outside. Even now as a truck driver I work "outside" because I'm in the back of the trailer hand unloading.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    You a Class A driver? I got a few places you could go locally if you need a change right now.
    Yeah, but I really want to get out of trucking and I don't mind the work.

Always kinda wanted to move out west anyway. Prefer MT or WY but SD is a good start.

flashpuppy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    NWI, Lowell
    I do understand. Figured I would mention it as I know you said the politics were getting to you as well.

Check out jobs at or aroumd Gilette, WY and the associated pit mines.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Joe Curosh. He used to be chief deputy prosecutor in Lake County under Jack Crawford. He's tied into the Dem party, bleeding liberal, married my cousin, drop my name tell him you are a good friend of mine. Just don't talk politics unless you want to bang your head against the wall. He's helped out other folks I've sent him.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Joe Curosh. He used to be chief deputy prosecutor in Lake County under Jack Crawford. He's tied into the Dem party, bleeding liberal, married my cousin, drop my name tell him you are a good friend of mine. Just don't talk politics unless you want to bang your head against the wall. He's helped out other folks I've sent him.

-1 for not giving us more info other than a name!
    Law Offices of Joseph L. Curosh
    1306 - 119th Street
    Whiting, Indiana 46394
    Phone: (219) 659-1151

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom