• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    How? How could the wheel bearing cost twice what a CV does? When it rains, it pours man...

Thats just the part. The cv axle was $70. Plus a $30 core fee. The wheel bearing was $169 for the durmax one, the other one was $225.

ridiculous. At least she's running good now, knock on wood. Had to cancel 2 dr appoint,emits today though. Plus I couldn't just let my buddy fix it without giving him anything. He cam e by an hour a way and isn't working at the moment. He wouldn't take money, so I filled up his and both times. $70 onmmonday and $69 today.

Now since I was about all Suva and its hot out ther, the trigemianl nurialfia is acting up, so I m had to take more pain Ahmed's.

now I jar a dr appointment on Monday , reg dr. And a dr appointment with the neurologist on Tuesday to finally get results to all the tests. Hopefully they're wrong about things happening to 3's.

its just very irritating.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    enhanced-buzz-27595-1373997096-15.jpg

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    :facepalm:

if their really doing that, that's just wrong. Now I agree with the verdict, and I disagree with the way zimmerman and his family are being treated. But a young man still lost his life, and making light of it is just disrespectful.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    At the NWI INGO Clubhouse:
    • Jedi -- White box with blue tape for you one the back desk
    • BeerSex -- USPS shipping envelope at the front counter for you
    • Tem375 -- case of Federal ammo on the desk for you

Thanks jedi will stop by tomorrow around 5PM to pick it up.

@all
    Note that while Jedi will be in the vehicle at the 'club house' you can rest assure Jedi won't be stepping into your neutral/forsaken place. Jedi's 'people' will actually walk into the space to get the box. :rofl:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    So hey Andy and other railroad folks. Track Maintenance a pretty good job? It's not for CN though but I assume it doesn't vary too much from one company to the next. It's BNSF and it's in Aberdeen, South Dakota. I haven't been made an offer or anything yet, they just want me to do additional testing.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    So hey Andy and other railroad folks. Track Maintenance a pretty good job? It's not for CN though but I assume it doesn't vary too much from one company to the next. It's BNSF and it's in Aberdeen, South Dakota. I haven't been made an offer or anything yet, they just want me to do additional testing.

The pay is good. But depending on the type of track maintenance, you may not be home much. There's maintainers that are assigned a territory, and they inspect the same section of track everyday and make repairs as needed. Then there's track gangs, they're a group of people who travel several states/areas making major repairs and are gone for weeks at a time.

It is hard work, a lot of physical labor, dangerous as you can be in the middle of nowhere or in the middle of the ghetto all by yourself making emergency repairs at all hours of the night. When your on call. The nice thing is, there's a lot of OT, and if you get called out to make a repair and it takes you 5 minutes you get paid at least 4 hours(depending on contract).

during bad weather you'll be outside constantly inspecting to make sure it's sale for trains to pass. Extreme, heat, snow, heavy rain, tornadoes, earth quicks. High winds, ice stories.

but lite I says the pay is good, benifits are fret, and you no longer will pay into social security, you'll pay into railroad retirement. Go for it. If you fet it and arsti happy, dull have uroe foot int the door and transfer to different positions or other roll roads. Anywhere it the nation.

flashpuppy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    NWI, Lowell

You like outside work? Other than that, it's a job with benefits and a retirement. You won't get rich, but you can get a helluva tan.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    but lite I says the pay is good, benifits are fret, and you no longer will pay into social security, you'll pay into railroad retirement. Go for it. If you fet it and arsti happy, dull have uroe foot int the door and transfer to different positions or other roll roads. Anywhere it the nation.

Don't worry your Railroad Retirement Board Fund won't be there for much longer. The fed is eying that money like a bird eyes a caged bird.
    The cat won't be able to contain it's hungry much longer and you can kiss that money bye bye.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom