Not open for further replies.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    obviously not.....

Looked at upwards of 20 houses now.... bidded on three, lost all of them.. either the seller wouldnt compromise(at which they are tot his day sitting on their unsold house). I was out bid even when I over bid the asking price, or someone came along with cash offers.... Im ****ing done.... so ****ing frustrating... and now rates are going up...

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    obviously not.....

Looked at upwards of 20 houses now.... bidded on three, lost all of them.. either the seller wouldnt compromise(at which they are tot his day sitting on their unsold house). I was out bid even when I over bid the asking price, or someone came along with cash offers.... Im ****ing done.... so ****ing frustrating... and now rates are going up...
    That sucks. Sorry to hear that. House hunting can be a pain in the A$$ but I wouldn't give up if that's what you really want.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I just cant believe how much junk is out there... Im not looking at foreclosures for a reason, but Im still coming up with junk... and I dont want to do any kind of work to the house.. I want a turnkey house... Impossible...

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I just cant believe how much junk is out there... Im not looking at foreclosures for a reason, but Im still coming up with junk... and I dont want to do any kind of work to the house.. I want a turnkey house... Impossible...
    The only way your going to get that is new but even those will have some issues. Maybe your just not ready for that.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    No I talked to a builder, and its not too far out of reach.. Its just finding a spot to build, and also all the restrictions that are going into some of these new subdivisions....

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Random stuff

Loving the Challenger. So much fun. Even being just the V6 version. It has that "Autostick" and that's fun to play with.

I haven't kept up with computers for a long time. Just bought a new laptop. Paid $855 after tax. It's a Lenovo with an Intel Core i7-3632qm 2.2 ghz CPU, 8 GB of RAM, 1TB HDD, DVD-RW, Windows 8(blugh), touch screen(does help with Win8). Did I do pretty good. It seems pretty nice and snappy.

Don't go canoeing down by Shades/Turkey Run, not fun or relaxing.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    What DNR said about the youth event

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Original email to DNR stated.

Have you guys recovered from the event? Was is a success?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]

Yes, we have finally recovered! We thought overall it went really well and was pleased with the how the event worked out and happy with the attendance. I think the participants enjoyed themselves and I know that several parents were positively impacted by the experience. It’s always hard to evaluate how the event will influence the participants, but I got the feel that several people enjoyed it enough that they may consider purchasing a firearm or archery equipment to begin shooting as a family. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]We would definitely be interested in partnering with your organization again next year. It’s always easier the next time around, since going through it once helps to figure out what’s needed or not needed. I think the main plan worked out pretty well and with maybe just a couple of tweaks here & there it could be an even better event.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]You & your organization did a wonderful job of getting donations, providing volunteers, and planning the program. We really appreciate the help – no way for us to do an event like this without a bunch of help. Just let me know if your organization would be willing to try this again next year and we would be happy to work with you. Thanks.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]That was followed by this

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We would be happy to help next year as well. Here were some of the observations we had for next year.[/FONT]

1. [FONT=&quot]We will need greeters/crowd movers next year. Way too many people were coming into the 25 yard and just waiting around while the other stations we empty. Looks like the public thought they had to do 25, 50, 200 and then 100 in that order.[/FONT]
    2. [FONT=&quot]Slow start on 25 yard. Not sure if this was due to paper targets vs steel on the 50 yard. Seems like the lines/kids were shooting much more on the 50 then the 25 yard.[/FONT]
    3. [FONT=&quot]2 ROs for 50 yard next time. It's too long for just 1.[/FONT]
    4. [FONT=&quot]Instructors we have to stay with the guns ALL the time. [/FONT]
    5. [FONT=&quot]Greeters at stations can have coolers with water bottle ready to go instead of just a cooler and table at the stations[/FONT]
    6. [FONT=&quot]Waiver forms should be sent to registrants to have filled out and bring with them as it takes them way too long to fill out STATE form and NWI INGO form[/FONT]
    7. [FONT=&quot]Put the .223/7.62x39 on the far right bench on the 50 yard line so that brass does not hit anyone. Make the entrance to the 50 yard bench be on the left with yellow tape.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    This is what we figured the event cost us. Not sure if you need this for any type of report you may need to send downstate for the event.

Fruit Drinks (8oz) 3 x 2.99 = 8.96 (60 containers)
    Fruit Drink Mix 3 x 1.79 = 5.37 (for 5 gallon cooler)
    Chips Ahoy Cookies 4 x 4.39 = 17.56 (4 cookies in a pack; 12 packs in box)
    Oreo Cookies 1 x 4.39 = 4.39 (6 cookies in a pack; 12 packs in box)
    Burgers 4 x 14.99 = 59.96 (116 burgers)
    Hot Dogs 12 x .99 = 11.88 (120 dogs)
    Box of Chips 3 x 11.59 = 34.77 (30 bags in a box)
    Fruit by the foot 2 x 8.09 = 16.18 (48 per box)
    Picnic Pack 2 x 5.99 = 11.98 (2 ketchup, 1 mustard, 1 relish bottles)
    Napkins 1 x 2.14 = 2.14 (250 count)
    Hot Dog Bun 7 x .89 = 6.23

Food Total = 179.42
    Donations = $50 (lonehoosier) + $20 (INGO Member ?? guy with 4Gen full size Glock & Wife with reddish hair)
    Total by Jedi: $109.42

In terms of ammo I don't have a solid number since most of the ammo was donated.
    Best estimate I can come up with it as follows:

.22lr
    9,150 rounds donated
    2,700 NOT used we donated to Project Appleseed
    6,450 used for event

Lets say ammo is .07 cents per round (current 2013 crazy prize) so $451.50

7.62x39
    We had 500 rounds.
    If we go with the cheapest Cabela's has which is steel $11.99 for 20 rounds we get
    11.99 * 1.07 (tax) / 20 = .64 per round
    $320 for 500 rounds

We had 500 rounds.
    I don't know the cost since I don't have an AR-15 so not sure how to price this?
    For this message I'll just take the AK round and use that number.
    So $320 for 500 rounds.

So our total ammo donation was $1500

We also got some targets, glasses, ear plugs from various donors so I suspect another $300 in misc items.

So GRAND TOTAL for event.
    Food = 179.42
    Ammo = 1500
    Misc = 300

$1979.42 or $2K for the event.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    and his reply was
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Great – we will look forward to partnering again.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I think you are right on target with regards to your suggestions. The only thing I would wonder about is if we really need the participants to fill out both waivers – I believe the State’s waiver wording covers the State of Indiana, employees, volunteers, and other participants. This waiver was developed by the DNR legal team specifically for our hunting & shooting events in order to cover basically everyone at the event. I have attached a copy of the participant waiver for you to look over and if you would be comfortable with having only one waiver form signed I think it would streamline the process quite a bit. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Thanks for the cost figures. I did a basic estimate & was pretty close – but this will be helpful. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]----

[/FONT]
    Sorry for the delay in the report. But it looks like we did make an impression and they want to try it again next year!
    :rockwoot:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

No I talked to a builder, and its not too far out of reach.. Its just finding a spot to build, and also all the restrictions that are going into some of these new subdivisions....

Covenants is the word I was trying to find... have to have this type of fence, this many bushes, cant have this many vehicles, animals, etc...

CTC some advise from a 1st time home buyer who will not do these mistakes again!

1) Interview the would be neighboors, if you don't like them get a good feel for them f** da house!
    2) Interview people who live on the street but at the far ends of the house and on streets near by asking about the area (too much traffic, etc...)
    3) Spend a night or two during the week and weekend near the house to see what type of nightly activity you will see (cars passing the street, kids outside, loud music from garage by neighbor down the street)

Me next time I'm buying where my neighbors are no where near me! I want to just be left f*** alone.

NEVER EVER EVER EVER NEVER BUY IN A SUBDIVISION OR CONVENTS AS YOU CALLED THEM!
    You may not be able to do everything you want on your property if you buy there.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    CTC some advise from a 1st time home buyer . . .

Me next time I'm buying where my neighbors are no where near me! I want to just be left f*** alone.

NEVER EVER EVER EVER NEVER BUY IN A SUBDIVISION OR CONVENTS AS YOU CALLED THEM!
    You may not be able to do everything you want on your property if you buy there.
    Some good advice.

But some bad advice too.

Bear in mind that opinions differ on things so it is your opinion that ultimately counts.

Jedi says never buy where there are land covenants because you can't do what you want on your property. Makes sense. But Jedi says he just wants to be left the f*** alone. Sometimes land covenants protect your peace and quiet from neighbors and those land covenants may help you keep them under control.

If you don't live in the middle of 100 fenced acres then you may find land covenants to be a good thing.

For example, I'm not a fan of neighbors having a semi-truck parked in their driveway. One of my neighbors did that, for a while. Its against the land covenants where I live (no commercial vehicles). He argued. He idled his truck. It blew lots of black smoke and made noise. Lots of neighbors complained. Ultimately the land covenants were invoked and he was forced to move his truck.

On the other hand, I like to shoot. One of my neighbors did not like shooting. The land covenants specifically allow shooting. So I am protected from noise complaints and whining neighbors and have my own shooting range out back.

Like Jedi, I like to be left the f*** alone. I don't want my neighbors doing crap on their land that impacts me/my land. The covenants protect me from them. Sure, there are restrictions, like I cannot put a 'manufactured' home on my land. But I can live with that. I also can't build a structure that is taller than 33' tall. Uh, I never planned to build a lighthouse or Ranger Tower. So I can live with that too.

Some covenants are TOO RESTRICTIVE, but some are pretty loose. Where I live the covenants are on the loose side. What gets dangerous is when you have a H.O.A. that has virtually unlimited power. That is when your neighbors can become NAZIs and destroy your life. If your dream land has an H.O.A. then make sure that it is granted only LIMITED authority.

Most if the houses I've seen the neighbors aren't even close.. Lol.
    That may be true TODAY. But what happens when they start to build on the vacant land next to you? An acre of land is roughly 206' by 206' and when you have an idiot neighbor then even 5 or 10 acres is way too close. FWIW, most 5 acre lots are about 200' wide by 1000' deep. Most 10 acre lots are 400' wide by 1000' deep.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Well, another ding. Still feeling like crap. Dogs ran out of dog food. Ran to the store to get dog food, and my truck started making some funky noise when I turned the wheel to the left. Have a buddy coming to look at it, to see what it'll cost me.

And since the RR retirement board still hasn't started my sickness benifits, still processing, my paychecks are short just over $500 every 2weeks. After paying bills, groceries, dog food, prescriptions for myself and dog, gas and cigaretts I'm basically left with roughly $25 dollars or less. To make a long story short, I may be selling my sig and the 500. Since I've slowly been fixing up the house, until I got "sick" my savings is depleted, and I've been using that extra $1000 or so a month for supplies, and haven't been saving.

Who knows when the RR retirement board will be done processing my claim and actually pay me. I have one Vicodin and one Valium left. So I'm saving that for a really bad day. Oh well, stuff happens.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom