• Status
    Not open for further replies.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Looks like I'm getting a VW Jetta SEL. I test drove 7 cars on Monday, and of the 7, the Jetta, outperformed all of them except the one car that I could not afford which was the Jetta TDI Premium. The only downside is the VW Jetta SEL is a 2011, it has really really low miles(lower than 10k a year). But on the positive side it is about $360 less a year to insure than the 2013 is. The reason I ultimately am going with the SEL is it has so many features that I would never be able to afford in the new car, and doing 75mph down 65 it was getting 38-40mpg. Hit 43mpg when doing 55mph on 231. Kinda cool considering the car is only rated for 35MPG highway. I was reading on a VW forum that many of the Jetta owners are reporting better than sticker gas mileage.

The cars I test drove are as follows:
    Mazda 3
    Mazda CX-5
    Toyota Corolla S
    Ford Focus
    Honda Civic
    VW Jetta TDI Premium
    VW Jetta SEL with Nav and other goodies.

Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    Looks like I'm getting a VW Jetta SEL. I test drove 7 cars on Monday, and of the 7, the Jetta, outperformed all of them except the one car that I could not afford which was the Jetta TDI Premium. The only downside is the VW Jetta SEL is a 2011, it has really really low miles(lower than 10k a year). But on the positive side it is about $360 less a year to insure than the 2013 is. The reason I ultimately am going with the SEL is it has so many features that I would never be able to afford in the new car, and doing 75mph down 65 it was getting 38-40mpg. Hit 43mpg when doing 55mph on 231. Kinda cool considering the car is only rated for 35MPG highway. I was reading on a VW forum that many of the Jetta owners are reporting better than sticker gas mileage.

Mazda 3
    Mazda CX-5
    Toyota Corolla S
    Ford Focus
    Honda Civic
    VW Jetta TDI Premium

Nice! Hope it works out for you!

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point

Mazda 3
    Mazda CX-5
    Toyota Corolla S
    Ford Focus
    Honda Civic
    VW Jetta TDI Premium

TDI and never look back! Fuel mileage will be way better than the SEL and resale value too. Ask melensdad, he's got at least one

Edit:
    Oops, just saw the "can't afford" part of your post. Understandable, they ain't cheap!

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Actually when I did the math, the TDI's gas mileage at current prices are only like $0.01 better per gallon per mile than the regular. I know it is sad.

That being said, there are a lot of great things about the TDI's that are amazing, the performance is one of them.

Last edited:

medic6882

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Demotte
    So I made a impulse buy today, I picked up a new American Tactical FX .45. I will post picks when I figure out how . I got it new with 2 mags for under $425 and it sounded like a good deal. Can anyone tell me whether I made a mistake.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    yup jedi does not deny it.

Wtf, I thought your people liked hot? :dunno:
    yup must be my french ancestory blood that likes the cold? :dunno:

Hey Jedi. 25lbs of thick cut hickory smoked bacon heading your way if I can "borrow" your Springfield for an hour!! :D:D

:facepalm:
    @pilgrim you find my unicorn and i will give you the 1911 to engrave.
    heck i find my unicorn and if she wants me to carry a GLOCK and use a MAC well....

So I made a impulse buy today, I picked up a new American Tactical FX .45. I will post picks when I figure out how . I got it new with 2 mags for under $425 and it sounded like a good deal. Can anyone tell me whether I made a mistake.

do you like it? if so what does it matter the price you paid unless you ever plan on selling?
    from the sounds of it you might have a tad bit of buyers remorse.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Like these?
    Now boys close your eyes unless ya are looking for a bromance. :rofl:
    mace2.jpg

tumblr_mk3bvz20Qo1rmvhdeo1_500.jpg

2891232.jpg

pa-8131037.jpg
    The first is ok, the second, eh, a little too pretty. The third, not to bad. The fourth, nah.
    I like 'em to have a little bit of a "bad boy" to them.

Sorry, everybody. Jedi asked for it.

These are a little more my speed.
    hmotb-tattoos-41_zpsb23d22d9.jpg

hmotb-tattoos-42_zpsaae7cdfa.jpg

shirtless-friday-114_zps255119fa.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

ATI, known for low priced guns, has some pretty good reviews for many of their 1911s. Its not a gun you'll want to spend money to customize, but for a basic GI style gun you probably will be very happy. They have some occasional quality issues, but if yours works then you've got a new 1911 at below the cost of a used 1911. Shoot it an be happy :yesway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom