Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    grill started up... sanitizing it by fire before i put the burgers and dogs on it :drool:
    was going to change the oil on the lawn mower but had to move the grill first and well.... :whistle:
    got to make sure the dogs/burgers r good before i feed ya some at the meet & shoot right?

free burger or dog to anyone that comes by and changes the motor oil on my mower. after all i dont like getting my hand dirty u know. LOL

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    What you guys are missing is that you are limiting your concern to simple credit card theft/card number theft.

The problem is that if someone has one of your cards/numbers, and then gets some basic information like an address, they can start to open all sorts of credit cards under your name, stealing your credit rating, and destroying your rating. There are ways to protect yourself from that, LIFELOCK is the one I use. But don't limit yourself to thinking that its simply your card they want. They want your credit. When they get that they have the ability to run up your debt.

My sister got hit this way a few years ago. Thieves opened a couple new credit cards in her name, racked up almost $100,000 in debt before she realized the problem even existed. The FBI got involved because it was across several states. It took her 6 months worth of work to straighten it out and it damaged her credit for a couple years.

I understand the concept and the amount of work involved. But it is the credit card company that owns the debt, and they should be held just as responsible for the fraud for open the fraudulent account. You should not NEED a third party company to make sure that these people are doing there job right. FYI: Cabela's setups lifelock for you when you open up a card with them.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I understand the concept and the amount of work involved. But it is the credit card company that owns the debt, and they should be held just as responsible for the fraud for open the fraudulent account. You should not NEED a third party company to make sure that these people are doing there job right. FYI: Cabela's setups lifelock for you when you open up a card with them.
    And who protects your bank account? Debit card account?

The problem is it takes a lot of time to fix this stuff. Until its fixed, you may find yourself without the ability to use your credit card, debit card or even have funds released from your checking account.

Plus, if new cards are opened in your name, it can take you months to figure that out, in the mean time the credit rating agencies are dinging your rating, and they will also prevent you from getting a new mortgage or car loan at a favorable rate.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @lonehoosier or anyone that has the mr. buddy heater (the one that uses the 1lb propane cans).
    can someone tell me how many hrs the heater will stay on with 1 can at 1/2 heat and full heat.

btw any1 heard from lone? have not seen him post in a wife.
    i dont recall putting a reward on him yet. :rofl:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Where there's a will ... there's a way.

Lifelock is not everything it claims to be ... the Federal Trade Commission seems to agree (as well as 35 states) ... to the tune of $12 million dollars. Maybe $12 million helped them improve and they are better now. Still, nothing takes the place of paying attention yourself.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I fixed the whole credit fraud thing a couple years ago with the help of the Indiana Utilities Commission. When they helped put me out of business they screwed my credit up soooo bad that no one is going to want to be me.... They couldn't get anything but holy water thrown at them and a few Hail Marry's... if they use my credit....

Worked better than Life Lock and it was much cheaper to setup and maintain...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @gb :facepalm:

@all rednecks and thugs
    thanks a lot for NOT helping do the tune-up on my mower.
    I'm done now and I'm so :xmad: since
    - had to get my hands somewhat dirty (I used latex gloves to not get real dirty) :puke:
    - had to spend time outside in the fresh air :puke: :puke:
    - had to spend time outside in the sunlight :puke: :puke: :puke:
    - found out there is a leak in the gas tank near the top of the mower. :xmad:
    The mower did start, however, so looks like I did the tune up correct. :puke:

I much prefer artificial lights, recycled air, and the hum of electronics.
    Now it's off to take a shower since I smell like the outdoors, gas and oil. :puke:

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I thought it was kinda funny... I like to sit back and think of the thief that trys to use my soc... and keeps getting literately thrown out of places by the scuff of thier necks... I'm glad I can do my part to put these unscrupalous charachters through a little bit of h***...

You know I've been known to use latex gloves when changing oil myself....

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :facepalm:
    So Dd comes up to me and goes

Dd: "Daddy guess what? I sold 100 girl scout cookies!"
    (Thanks to all that helped)

Me: ":wow: that is great! So what do you get?"

Dd: "hum... hum.. for you to take me to chucky cheese!"
    :faint:

kids!!!!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You know I've been known to use latex gloves when changing oil myself....

Since reloading I've been using latex gloves for just about everything else.
    Oil changes, cleaning the bathrooms, painting, etc. I sometimes add another layer of gloves on top of those (kitchen gloves when cleaning, etc.) but have found that those latex really do help keep my hands clean. :)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Since reloading I've been using latex gloves for just about everything else.
    Oil changes, cleaning the bathrooms, painting, etc. I sometimes add another layer of gloves on top of those (kitchen gloves when cleaning, etc.) but have found that those latex really do help keep my hands clean. :)

You know, Jedi, they make this new stuff. They call it soap. Put it on your hands with water, rub a little, wash off. Bingo, dirt is gone.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You are welcome.
    :D

You know, Jedi, they make this new stuff. They call it soap. Put it on your hands with water, rub a little, wash off. Bingo, dirt is gone.

SOAP!!!!
    SOAP!!!!
    angry-baby-fist1.jpg

My hands hate that stuff. :D

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    @lonehoosier or anyone that has the mr. buddy heater (the one that uses the 1lb propane cans).
    can someone tell me how many hrs the heater will stay on with 1 can at 1/2 heat and full heat.

btw any1 heard from lone? have not seen him post in a wife.
    i dont recall putting a reward on him yet. :rofl:

The one that I brought to the meet shoot it'll go about 48 hours on high on a 20 pound tank. If you have it set up in a bedroom in about a half hour on high you will be sweating to death so you can extend that 20 pound tank out to two hundred hours.

This is what I have.
    http://www.mrheater.com/product.aspx?catid=41&id=116

You are welcome to my water containers I have one 5 gallon one that's for water only and I have a 10 gallon what you can mix whatever you want in it.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom