actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    dansgotguns,
    In answer to your question.. You might be looking for the "Tiahrt Amendment".
    I know, Wiki is not a great source, but it's easy to quote here.
    Source: Todd Tiahrt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    and: NRA-ILA | The Tiahrt Amendment on Firearms Traces Protecting Gun Owners Privacy and Law Enforcement Safety

NRA site.
    For over a decade, cities and anti-gun organizations sought access to confidential law enforcement data on firearms traces, both for use in lawsuits against the firearms industry and for use in questionable studies used to support their goals. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) compiles these records when it traces firearms in response to requests from law enforcement agencies.

Starting in 2003, the U.S. Congress passed increasingly strong language to keep this information confidential. The legislation—a series of "riders" to the appropriations bill that funds BATFE—is widely known as the "Tiahrt Amendment," after its sponsor, former U.S. Rep. Todd Tiahrt (R-Kan.). That provision was made permanent in 2006 as a part of the fiscal 2007 Appropriations bill to fund the Justice Department. In 2009, the provision was amended to further strengthen the protections for undercover law enforcement operations and confidential informants.
    Despite complaints from anti-gun activists, there are many good reasons for continuing to keep this information confidential:

and it goes on to list the reasons.

i think i'm gonna do an andy and take a nap.

Isn't that redundant?

Great. You represented NWI, with a PINK AR???

Saw GB at American Military Surplus in CP. Called out "Mark" and he had a deer in the headlights look for a second, lol.

He was wondering if he should admit that he knows you where there were witnesses.

Who has a 9mm carbine?

I still have to see if I have the day off, but I have the sub-2000. If I can get it to stop FTEing.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Whats the deal with lays chicken and waffle chips? Can't find them.

I'll talk to the Frito Lay vendor at work and see if he can get any in for me. Last I heard we were only getting a case(6 bags) a week. They usually sell in less than an hour. I could probably drop them off at the lounge if you wanted them.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'll talk to the Frito Lay vendor at work and see if he can get any in for me. Last I heard we were only getting a case(6 bags) a week. They usually sell in less than an hour. I could probably drop them off at the lounge if you wanted them.

We were on a trip through Spain a week ago and the hottest selling potato chips there were HAM FLAVORED. Made and sold by Frito Lay. The kids were eating them by the bagful, I tried one and have to admit it was a tasty chip.

Ham flavored potato chips => http://bakingbites.com/2010/06/food-from-spain-ham-flavored-chips/

If you drop off chips at the cigar lounge for Dan, better tape the box closed!!! I'm just sayin....

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Some guy on this gun forum got butthurt because I corrected his errors.

Now he's PM'ing me asking me to to edit/remove stuff.

Sort of starting to **** me off. He made some bold statements, I showed him his errors, now I am taken to task in PMs because I didn't privately correct his errors via PM? This after he trashed a couple companies publicly on the forum. Should he have privately sent them messages instead of blasting their names out on the internet as absolute crap?

WTF do people think?

Here is a link to my totally offensive and hurtful post => https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...288280-top_ar_15_brands_list.html#post4088271

The guy has alread gone back and deleted his own posts, but becasue I quoted him, his words still ring hollow on all of Al Gore's interwebs. Now he wants me to delete his picture in my post too.

Here is the photo HE posted of HIS guns, which he now wants removed:
    image_zps2a2d96d3.jpg

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer

If he posted it he's gotta live with it. That's part of the deal on the www.

Sounds like he's embarrassed to me. But if you don't know what you're talking about that might happen if you run across someone who does.

Personally I'd tell him to FO.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I was waiting for you to post that Bob. We justhad this discussion at the lounge the other day. I say leave it, its good info for the OP and it shows how dumb that other guy is. Lol

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Just signed up for a new credit card so I can rack up some airline miles on a different airline.

LIFELOCK froze the application.

I have to admit that I think LIFELOCK can be a pain in the butt sometimes, but its nice to know that it actually does protect your credit. I can't ever remember my member number, which makes it a pain, but once I dig it out and log into the service I really do appreciate the fact that they can shut down the world from stealing my stuff :yesway:

If you don't have it, and if you have things like bank accounts, debit and credit cards, then I think its worth the annual fee. They stopped at least one fraud attempt against me last year.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I had my debit card number stolen once and about $500 racked up in NYC with it. Chase called me and notified me of fraudulent charges. Similar story with my wife's Discover card. Why would I pay $300 for someone to do that for me? I suppose fake CC's and accounts might be a different story, but I check my credit yearly AT LEAST, so for me its not an issue.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Sort of starting to **** me off. He made some bold statements, I showed him his errors, now I am taken to task in PMs because I didn't privately correct his errors via PM? This after he trashed a couple companies publicly on the forum. Should he have privately sent them messages instead of blasting their names out on the internet as absolute crap?

WTF do people think?

Here is a link to my totally offensive and hurtful post => https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...288280-top_ar_15_brands_list.html#post4088271

The guy has alread gone back and deleted his own posts, but becasue I quoted him, his words still ring hollow on all of Al Gore's interwebs. Now he wants me to delete his picture in my post too.

Here is the photo HE posted of HIS guns, which he now wants removed:
    image_zps2a2d96d3.jpg

oh you bad bad boy! You download his images and put them in your photobuck account and then linked them for your post. :+1: as many people just link from the original source.

Well since you did all that hard work and the images did go public i say **** it! How do they say it around here? stupid should hurt.

I had my debit card number stolen once and about $500 racked up in NYC with it. Chase called me and notified me of fraudulent charges. Similar story with my wife's Discover card. Why would I pay $300 for someone to do that for me? I suppose fake CC's and accounts might be a different story, but I check my credit yearly AT LEAST, so for me its not an issue.

Only once a year? You can get one free report from the 3 agency each year so at the min it should be checked 3 times a year one for each agency.

Or if you are paranoid like me I check my main accounts daily and the rest every week. Plus I have my credit report frozen and all my accounts (bank, cc) have been told that my info may have been stolen (thanks to BoA* info breech :xmad:) so to make personal contact with me before doing anything and/or having a written signature letter from me.

Yes it's a pain in the butt sometimes expecially with major transaction but it's worth the piece of mind.

*BoA CC is work CC and sadly one I *have* to have. Otherwise I would get rid on that CC so fffaaaastttt.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Discover is good about it. I had my number stolen a few years ago. They bought a pair of generators at home depot twice online. Then charged a courier to pick them up in-store. Discover took care of it.

My fiancee just had one of chicago's children walk into her office go into her purse. They left the cash keys and everything. They took one cc and when to a gas station in the ghetto. BOA immediately called her and shut the card down. They are getting ruthless.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    What you guys are missing is that you are limiting your concern to simple credit card theft/card number theft.

The problem is that if someone has one of your cards/numbers, and then gets some basic information like an address, they can start to open all sorts of credit cards under your name, stealing your credit rating, and destroying your rating. There are ways to protect yourself from that, LIFELOCK is the one I use. But don't limit yourself to thinking that its simply your card they want. They want your credit. When they get that they have the ability to run up your debt.

My sister got hit this way a few years ago. Thieves opened a couple new credit cards in her name, racked up almost $100,000 in debt before she realized the problem even existed. The FBI got involved because it was across several states. It took her 6 months worth of work to straighten it out and it damaged her credit for a couple years.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom