Not open for further replies.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Not yet.

Someone who served in the army, twice, but who doesn't believe in OC and doesn't carry with "one up the spout" yet he swept me and pointed it at me (while showing off his Glock to his friend).

*sigh*

At that point I had to assume he had cleared the weapon.

"Back in the day" when I was in the army, it was impossible to train without sweeping your squadmates. And pointing weapons at people? It was required.
    Having said that, I'd have jumped knee deep in his a** about it and embarassed the f out of him.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I've been working on a failure analysis for three hours, I need a break.I guess I'll get dressed and head out to the clubhouse.

I wish I could go the clubhouse but we still have people coming over that we did not see yesterday.
    We've already had the morning NWI INGO meet up with a couple members here bright and early. They are gone now but I'm sticking around until about 2pm with some of the regulars.

It was crazy crowded in here early, I think because every guy out there is trying to figure out how to escape from the wife and kids.

REWSTER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Hammond
    Man i haven't been on much lately been busy, merry Christmas to everyone. got to shoot my buddy's AR on Monday, i can diffidently see why everyone wants them.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    2nd day back to work. Gotta work straight through my off days and right through Monday, then a couple vacation days to start the new year off right.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I was gonna buy a scope with all my cabelas gift cards but I bought under armour stuff and some blackhawk pants(purdy noice) instead. o_O

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    Dear Jeebus, don't people ever take a day off?! Today looked like Black Friday at the gun counter. Of course, the FBI stopped answering their phones, for the 3rd day this week. I dunno what's up with NICS, but they're impacting our ability to complete gun sales. Just another form of gun control?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Dear Jeebus, don't people ever take a day off?! Today looked like Black Friday at the gun counter. Of course, the FBI stopped answering their phones, for the 3rd day this week. I dunno what's up with NICS, but they're impacting our ability to complete gun sales. Just another form of gun control?

Quit lieing, a few days ago we were all told cabela's was sold out of guns, they were not going to order anymore. Today when Iwent Isaw empty gun racks and the few guns were prices 100x more than usual, then Isaw you doing auction style selling, and to those you did not like you would pretend to call the atf and then say they were busy.
    :whistle:

Lol

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    Why doesn't Cabela's process their NICS checks using the on-line system :dunno:

I didn't know that one existed. Hell, even with all of those fancy computer terminals, it still outputs a paper 4473, which must be signed and filed for 20 years per the FBI. There's gotta be a good reason why they haven't gone with the e-check, I'll do some snooping and get back to ya.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I didn't know that one existed. Hell, even with all of those fancy computer terminals, it still outputs a paper 4473, which must be signed and filed for 20 years per the FBI. There's gotta be a good reason why they haven't gone with the e-check, I'll do some snooping and get back to ya.

My dealer has me fill out the 4473 and then punches it into his computer ... moments later a big green box saying PROCEED pops up on his screen. His computer screen is facing right at me while I'm sitting at the desk so I can see it.

There is apparently also a yellow box for DELAYED and a red box for DENIED, but I've never had either of those happen to me when I've purchased guns.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Naplalm, NEVER ASSUME... ALWAYS POINT OUT THE MISTAKE...

These new firearms purchasers are our responsibility now. We need to teach them safety or we will be getting are rights taken because they are having accidental discharges.

The other thing you could have done was asked to look at the gun and immediately checked to see if it was clear as you would do with any firearm that was handed to you. In one way you show how to be safe and in another way you reaffirm how to be safe by showing them how to do it...

Anyways glad to hear your still with us even though the people you were with tryed to kill you for Christmas... Ho Ho Ho...

I know - my innate British politeness IS going to get my ass shot.

He had a few beers too which is never a good combination. Someone showing off a gun.

Saw the damn mexican today when I stopped by the wife's friends house. Had a chat but it was TOO cold for both of us.

BRRRRRR.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    "Back in the day" when I was in the army, it was impossible to train without sweeping your squadmates. And pointing weapons at people? It was required.
    Having said that, I'd have jumped knee deep in his a** about it and embarassed the f out of him.

Eh. I was on the opposite side of the table to him - he picked it up, showing it to his friend, then put his finger on the trigger while it was vaguely pointed away from me.

I shudder at the thought of it being loaded...

Next time I will stomp his guts out. Family or not.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Laters homies. Heading back SOUUUUUTH ... south of the BIG river.

I'll see you guys in another couple of months, hopefully for the first M+S of the next year.

If we have anything left to shoot </purple>

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Travel safe Napalm... I might be down your way for the Knob this spring...

Maybe you can join the wife and I for the tracer show...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom