• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I remember hearing my dad complain about gas being over $1.00 a gallon.
    I also remember complaining about a case of fed 7.62 GMM for $120.
    When I graduated from HS my dad bought me a rem 700 stainless with engraving in 30-06 for $450w/scope. Recently I graduated EMT school, as a gift I received my dads old HK-91, originally purchased for $400 way back when.

Money sure ain't what it used to be.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I remember hearing my dad complain about gas being over $1.00 a gallon.
    I also remember complaining about a case of fed 7.62 GMM for $120.
    When I graduated from HS my dad bought me a rem 700 stainless with engraving in 30-06 for $450w/scope. Recently I graduated EMT school, as a gift I received my dads old HK-91, originally purchased for $400 way back when.

Money sure ain't what it used to be.

I remember complaining also when it went over a dollar. At the time I had a 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab 4x4 with the 5.9 360 V8. With a 32 gallon gas tank. I remember being on empty and going to the gas station with $50, I'd say fill 'er up. After pumping the gas, I'd walk in grab a slurpee, a carton of cigarettes and walk out with change. With that change I would head over to Wendy's and pick up my choice of value meal.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I remember my dad would always get my grandmother a carton of Chesterfield King, non filtered cigarettes for $12. That was the go-to Christmas, Mother's Day, birthday present from him to her. I was going to get my soon to be father-in-law a carton of smokes, I about choked when the lady said almost $70.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    The govment devalues the dollar at the same time they suck all your cash out of your pockets in the name of taxes...

Seems to be a great racket for them...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi, I too am looking for your unicorn, cause she would make one heck of a Gunbunnies model....

Sure would

Which one of you guys was name dropping INGO at Cabelas gun counter last night?

Not me I was eating a cow and pigging out on deserts after that. :)

$13.97 a box... I remember when it was like $9.97....
    I can see where you older guys are coming from when you say gas was only this much and now its this much... Im going through that with ammo... I dont mind paying $3.50 a gal cause its what im used to...

I remember 24 cents a gallon and 12 cents for White Castles . . . oh, and when McDonalds posted how many millions they served wtih a changeable number sign.

man u oooollllllddddd

I remember the how many millions served McDonald's signs that actually changed.

CTC & Andy ya are making me :( remembering when gas was .99 cents and filling up my 1st car.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I don't remember what else was there...

But I started driving when gas just hitting like $2.25. And I always had a big v8 to feed so im used to paying aton for fuel

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Haha, I've got the patch on. Hopefully I make it a month so I can do the $100 a month to St. Jude's.

Pretty sure I will, the first 4 days are the toughest, after that I don't even need a patch. The only problem is going to be Thursdays, because I don't think I should smoke a cigar for a couple weeks either.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    . . . The only problem is going to be Thursdays, because I don't think I should smoke a cigar for a couple weeks either.

We will plan a memorial service in your honor :patriot:

You can sit in your car in the parking lot and tap into the free wi-fi, we'll all salute you from he lounge while looking out the window at you.

But just so you know, I know some folks, including one regular at the lounge, who used cigars to kick the cigarette habit. I'm not suggesting that for you, just throwing it out there. You do what works for you, anything to kick cigarettes.

Realize that the physical addiction to nicotine is kicked after 3 days. On the 4th day you have already beaten the actual physical need for it. The psychological addiction is much tougher to kick. Literally 30 years after my mom quit smoking she made a comment after dinner one night that a cigarette would taste really good. My wife quit and became a smoke nazi. She hates it when I come home stinky with cigar smoke and cigar smoke smells very different than cigarette smoke.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I didn't stop into the 1101 for about a month or so, it helped that I was really busy, but I didn't want to be tempted. Now a cigar doesn't send me into relapse so I'm g2g.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I still plan on stopping in to shoot the bull. But this Thursday, I probably will not light up, smoke around me never bothered me. Maybe next Thursday, my 2 week anniversary ill celebrate with a God of fire.

But one week in it may cause me to buy a pack of smokes also

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It's all the added taxes from the local, state and Feds. Without all the extra taxes they'd still be under $20 for a carton.

On long deployments on the sub, I would stock up on $5 per carton cigs. I didn't smoke. But I knew the smokers would run out. Mine would come out, and I'd make a handy profit. The last pack would go out a cig at a time, $1 each.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom